Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-17-2016, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Episode discussion 3.15 | Incommunicado {Airs March 18th}

A surprise supernatural event forces Abby and Ichabod to ally themselves with their natural enemies, while Jenny's and Joe's personal demons threaten to undermine their relationship.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

There were some REALLY Funny moments tonight!

THO: You hunger at a time like this?
Ichabod: I'm eating my feelings.

OMG!!! Loved that!!! This Hidden One had some of the BEST facial expressions tonight trapped in a room with Ichabod! hahaha!

Ichabod: *tries to immitate MIND BLOWN*
Abbie: *laughs* What is that? Mind blown? Head exploding?
Ichabod: I don't know. I'm really hungry.

OMG!! Really? He is SO ADORABLE! lol!
Old 03-18-2016, 06:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Incommunicado

Personally, I am so sick of each opening scene in SH, beginning with someone dying at the hand of the "monster of the week", this theme is old and worn out. IMO, it just shows how lazy and uninspired the SH writers are. Also, though I like Jenny and Joe--I don't want to see their relationship as the main plot. I signed on to see the Witnesses--Abbie and Crane.
Come on, each week Abbie or Crane has to be saved by the other?? Where does it end? This episode in my opinion was so boring. Crane debating with THO, really--why??? just to tell us Abbie and Crane are witnesses through their generational blood lines really, did we need all that; just to tell us this. It seems to me that the SH writers don't know which direction to go in and are grasping at straws-- and it shows. Joe is going to allow himself to turn into the Wendigo and I'm supposed to care?? Sorry, but I was not moved. Jenny declaring her love and Pandora getting her box back --Sorry but, the Jenny and Joe love arc will never replace the one most of the SH fans are looking to happen between Abbie and Crane. I had hoped the SH writers had gotten a clue--they have not and we are nearly at the end of the season. I didn't like this episode. THO with Crane and their debating was so unrealistic and Pandora getting the one thing she came for--pieces of her box back--so now, Joe will never again turn into the Wendigo--great!!! now what??? Yes, the few funny moments were good however, IMO, this episode was so ridiculous!! and, even the few funny moments didn't redeem it for me ---didn't like it at all.

Last edited by msgeemd; 03-18-2016 at 08:29 PM
Old 03-18-2016, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm going to post my review in about three hours because I'll be watching the episode late.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

A couple of weeks ago I was so full of hope. I thought Kindred Spirits was going to be a turning point for Sleepy Hollow, but sadly things have progressively gotten worse.

The monsters of the week are forgettable and uninspiring. The Witnesses spending all of five minutes together and the continued focus on Jenny and Joe has left me cold. I don’t know how many episodes are left, but I won’t be watching them.

There is nothing left to hope and root for at this point. Ichabod and Abbie are an afterthought, as is their so-called mission to save the world.

I don’t understand the decisions that are being made in the writers’ room this season. Who thought making Jenny and Joe a couple and then relentlessly focusing on them was a good idea? Were they supposed to pacify fans who wanted to see Abbie and Crane become a couple? Did they think Ichabbie was replaceable with any old couple?

And why the continued deterioration of the Ichabbie relationship? Tom and Nicole act so uncomfortable around one another on screen now. They have zero chemistry and are horribly written. In less than a season Jenny and Joe’s relationship has progressed more than Ichabod and Abbie’s and that is just a shame.

Tonight’s episode was awful as a whole. It had about two worthy scenes and everything else was pure garbage.

Last edited by Blackhoney; 03-18-2016 at 10:34 PM
Old 03-18-2016, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I was so/so on the episode but I'll post in a light mood today.

Abbie and Crane working their issues out as a married couple!
AND again I am loving this natrual Abbie Mills hair!

Oh no Crane. meeting up with the Hidden One. It should be no surprise that Crane did not tell of Abbie's location!
Nice that the Hidden One seemed like a threat for once!

Also we finally found out what that symbol does.

Pandora was awesome in this episode though. Not in the mood for useless weapons used about against her. lol

Sofia has really become more awesome as the season has come along.
She is totally know with Joe for killing the banshee. lol
The Beethoven's Fifth Symphony background theme playing.

The Hidden One not understand the mortal witness hunger in a situation like this. lol

I love Abbie threatening Pandora by mentioning how Joe is like a brother to her.

Aww to Jenny getting through to Joe when he was a Wendigo. The power of love! Although it's a fast paced relationship, I liked it the scene.

Oh no! the Hidden One now knows what Pandora did. Pandora knew the the Witnesses has the box and she said absolutely nothing but she got part of what she wanted today.

I love the Ichabbie reunion. We got a hug and fist bump! that's great.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhoney (View Post)

And why the continued deterioration of the Ichabbie relationship? Tom and Nicole act so uncomfortable around one another on screen now. They have zero chemistry and are horribly written.

Tonight’s episode was awful as a whole. It had about two worthy scenes and everything else was pure garbage.
I respectfully disagree with this.

I thought the Banshee part was entertaining and quite humorous. Especially catching the banshee and then accidentally killing it, haha. I liked Joe, Jenny, and Sophie working together. (Although I'm starting to think Sophie could be evil, she's clicking too easily with the core group.) Yeah Joe and Jenny are getting more lovey dovey now and it doesn't do as much for me as an Ichabod/Abbie pairing would but imo that is just upping the ante for them when something serious does happen, which it probably will in the season finale. The only one who hasn't had a turn at death is Joe, so my money is on something happening him for the finale.

I also really liked Abbie and Pandora working together. Pandora's indifference paired with Abbie's no nonsense attitude was a good balance and amusing. And even Crane and The Hidden One had their moments. I cheered Crane on when he started to use his brain to manipulate the hidden one to learn about his family history. Although aside from the history lesson I still think The Hidden One is pointless. Pandora could so take him.

My favorite line was when Crane said 'he was eating his feelings'

Also loved Crane spying on Abbie. Sure he admitted to the pastry shop but who knows where else he has observed his partner from afar. Their nuances are subtle, but they are there. And at the end of the day we know that Ichabod lives for Abbie and vice versa. Neither is going to stand idly by and let something bad happen to the other. Crane was the only person who kept Abbie from teetering over the edge to insanity when she was in the catacombs for 9ish months for petes sake. Its there. Its real.

I think where some are getting discouraged is the hug scene, because although the hug was sweet, it was lickety split fast and then they switch back to talking about donuts and return to fist bumps. If I never see another fist bump again between them it would be too soon. IMO this is clearly an avoidance tactic on both Ichabod and Abbie's parts. They are ignoring the huge purple elephant in the room and everyone knows it. I honestly think even they know it, but they are hiding behind the playful banter and fist bumps because neither is ready to face those feelings just yet. If the writers are ignorant to this too then yes they deserve to get bitch slapped for it in the reviews. But Im inclined to think there is more to it.

A good example was back when Abbie and Ichabod returned from the catacombs, Ichabod appeared as if he was going to profess something really important to her, then he chickened out and made a chess joke instead.

They were totally baiting the hook there.

I have faith that by the end of this season they aren't going to leave us with an empty hook. With two episodes left there isnt any time for floundering. They are going to need to stay strong, consistent, and capture the hearts of the fans, and I think that will be done with our favorite pairing. Am cautiously optimistic going forward with these last two episodes. There is a lot riding on them, like the future of the series, so hopefully they will bring their 'A' game.

Fingers crossed.

Last edited by violasghost; 03-19-2016 at 01:10 PM
Old 03-19-2016, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I agree completely with your post, although I'm conflicted as to what the writers are doing with the Ichabbie relationship... are they trying to make it romance or are they trying to keep it strictly platonic... it's difficult to know.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
A couple of weeks ago I was so full of hope. I thought Kindred Spirits was going to be a turning point for Sleepy Hollow, but sadly things have progressively gotten worse.

The monsters of the week are forgettable and uninspiring. The Witnesses spending all of five minutes together and the continued focus on Jenny and Joe has left me cold. I don’t know how many episodes are left, but I won’t be watching them.

There is nothing left to hope and root for at this point. Ichabod and Abbie are an afterthought, as is their so-called mission to save the world.

I don’t understand the decisions that are being made in the writers’ room this season. Who thought making Jenny and Joe a couple and then relentlessly focusing on them was a good idea? Were they supposed to pacify fans who wanted to see Abbie and Crane become a couple? Did they think Ichabbie was replaceable with any old couple?

And why the continued deterioration of the Ichabbie relationship? Tom and Nicole act so uncomfortable around one another on screen now. They have zero chemistry and are horribly written. In less than a season Jenny and Joe’s relationship has progressed more than Ichabod and Abbie’s and that is just a shame.

Commenting on the bold.

[1] I agree. I don't know exactly what I was expecting (meaning I wasn't expecting to see an episode open with Abbie and Crane cuddling in bed), but I wasn't expecting to see a stunning lack of movement either.

[2] I feel your pain here. I was totally pissed off after this episode and still haven't re-watched to see if my initial reaction will change, but I will finish out the season in order to give them every chance to rectify their missteps. If they don't...well, hasta la vista.

[3] ITA. It's getting to the point where I really want to rip somebody's head off because I don't give a FF about Jenny and Joe's relationship.

[4] Totally disagree with this. These two will never NOT have chemistry, but the writing for them is all over the place and that pisses me off.

No longer participates in ANY network television viewing. Thank Fox's handling of Sleepy Hollow.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkElfLass (View Post)
[2] I feel your pain here. I was totally pissed off after this episode and still haven't re-watched to see if my initial reaction will change, but I will finish out the season in order to give them every chance to rectify their missteps. If they don't...well, hasta la vista.

[4] Totally disagree with this. These two will never NOT have chemistry, but the writing for them is all over the place and that pisses me off.

I hope you will continue watching this season even though I'm sorry the episode really disappointed you and a couple of fans.

The writing has been the issue for Ichabbie, not the chemistry so I agree with that.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:53 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
There were some REALLY Funny moments tonight!
Ichabod: *tries to immitate MIND BLOWN*
Abbie: *laughs* What is that? Mind blown? Head exploding?
Ichabod: I don't know. I'm really hungry.
OMG!! Really? He is SO ADORABLE! lol!
I thought there were some funny moments throughout too. Liked this part too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgeemd (View Post)
Personally, I am so sick of each opening scene in SH, beginning with someone dying at the hand of the "monster of the week", this theme is old and worn out.
I agree I get tired of it coming on that way too, but I actually liked it this week. I thought it was kind of Back II the future meets Queen of the Damned, and I was amused at the guy going balls out on guitar and the subsequent comment about him constantly quitting the band. I thought it was a nice little nod to how difficult it can be to get a bunch of creative people on the same page. But I know what you mean, I've had my moments with it this season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

Pandora was awesome in this episode though. Not in the mood for useless weapons used about against her. lol
I really enjoyed her this week too, and I’m really excited to see what’s going to happen with her. I liked the Pandora/Abbie scene, there’s no love lost between them, and certainly not any trust but they were getting things done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by violasghost (View Post)
Yeah Joe and Jenny are getting more lovey dovey now and it doesn't do as much for me as an Ichabod/Abbie pairing would but imo that is just upping the ante for them when something serious does happen, which it probably will in the season finale.
I think it’s exactly this, like I’m beginning to wonder if one of them is going to die.
Quote:
A couple of weeks ago I was so full of hope. I thought Kindred Spirits was going to be a turning point for Sleepy Hollow, but sadly things have progressively gotten worse..
I think this feeling is kind of widespread. And I feel like if your viewers don’t know where the story is going the ride needs to be really interesting and engrossing, and it hasn't always been that this season.
Quote:
The monsters of the week are forgettable and uninspiring.
When I read this I was like are they? And I tried to think back on them and couldn’t really remember them. So I guess that speaks for itself. I think the only one that really left a lasting impression was the tooth fairy. That was scary. Also enjoyed the Lady from Caribe
Quote:
I said last week I have actually warmed on Jenny and Joe’s relationship and I have, but to put things in perspective with so few episodes left I would rather have watched Ichabod and Abbie go to the doughnut shop and eat in complete and total silence then watch Jenny’s declaration of love in one of the final scenes. The lack of Ichabbie interaction when coupled with the multitude of scenes in which Joenny’s romance is shown or referenced is not helping to gain any appreciation for their pairing, and it’s really a shame bc their scenes are well written and the actors do a good job of carrying them, but they are being presented to a group of people who lived through season two. We get a little nervous when one relationship is tempered while another is being bolstered. Clearly most of us tune in for Ichabbie, but there is room for much more, I just think they way it's been presented has been faulty.
Quote:
And why the continued deterioration of the Ichabbie relationship? Tom and Nicole act so uncomfortable around one another on screen now. They have zero chemistry and are horribly written. In less than a season Jenny and Joe’s relationship has progressed more than Ichabod and Abbie’s and that is just a shame..
I think their chemistry is still everything, and that they can just stand in a scene with little glances and light it up but I do believe it’s being thumped down by writing and possibly direction choices. Like they’re trying to keep a lid on it instead of letting it sizzle. I.e the hand holding after Abbie was released from the catacombs was just so inorganic and unbelievable the super duper quick hug from the last night’s episode lol…perhaps they’re trying to control when they peak instead of just letting them be. Maybe after so many cuts and Tom can you not look at her like thats they realized the only way to really suppress their chemistry is to not have them on screen together, and that’s what we’re getting.
From what we’ve seen I think you’re right about the progression of the relationships, but I think, or more adequately put I hope that Ichabod and Abbie have been doing a lot of growing in their heads. But yeah it sucks that we haven’t seen it, they’ve been very quiet with one another this season.

Quote:
I don’t know how many episodes are left, but I won’t be watching them.
But you just came back. I hope you change your mind and tune in I really like discussing the eppy’s with you. Sometimes we see things the same and sometimes not, but I always find your take on things thoughtful and interesting.

My thoughts.
It was a weird episode, when I first watched it I thought it had a few neat moments but overall I didn’t enjoy it as much as I expect to this late in the season. I had a long Friday, long to the point that it was actually Saturday by the time that I watched it so I thought maybe I was being a little harsh. So I watched it again last night.

I thought the Banshee looked pretty cool and scary, but didn’t do much.

Ichabod’s reaction to THO walking in prompted my first and last gif,( I have no patience). He just knew it was Abbie coming in, and his face when he realized it wasn’t had me cracking up. I loved him standing taller when THO asked were Abbie was, and him being more concerned with her death than his own.
Oooh weee! Abbie was mad at Crane for spying. I wonder if she did something else around the time she went to the pastry shop that she doesn’t want him to know about or if she’s just generally creeped out by the whole thing. I so like the idea of her having secrets, and liked her proving she knows his tastes buds, and what’s best for him. Noticed her little foreshadowing that even tiny lies can erode trust, and we later found out that Pandora had some whoppers.
I enjoyed the discourse between Crane and THO, Crane trying to highlight some of the beauty he’d discovered in the arts, while THO basically spurned it mentioning how art had been created in his honor for millennia which ultimately culminated in them hurling Jay Z/Kanye lyrics at each other. “What’s a king to a god, and what’s a god to a non-believer who don’t believe anything.” Ichabod was talking slick until THO showed him that he knew him, and that paused the discussion very quickly. I really liked getting that bit of backstory from his adolescence. I LOVED the shot of THO spreading his arms and inhaling all of that knowledge, so cool.
I like the interaction between Abbie and Pandora, and them basically calling a temporary truce to get their guys out of that situation. Abbie reaffirming how important Joe is to her, a la last years wendigo episode. She looked like she was ready to fight after Pandora asked for the other piece of the box, but let’s be real Pandora was going to get whatever she asked for at that point bc Crane was trapped, I don’t think it was a question that Abbie would give her the rest of the box. She was willing to risk a guy who’s like a brother to her to get him back, but hey he did kill the Banshee after she said keep him alive to save Crane so that’s about even.

Speaking of which, Jenny and Joe killed the banshee because they weren’t on clock. Sophia goes to get the car, and they started talking about Joe having the wendigo inside of him like there was actually something that could have been said or done at that moment. Why? I get that they're in love, but it doesn't really seem like Jenny not to be on point or to be easily distracted when the stakes are that high.

Ichabod’s little mind blown movement was cute but the big reveal about their place as witnesses just did not feel like a big reveal. Watching it I felt like a first grader whose teacher decided to go over vowel recognition at the end of the year. Like didn’t we already go over this the last year in kindergarten? Didn’t Grace recognize Abbie and know she was the witness when she showed up at the door in 1781? Was it her or Lori that said something about knowing the witness would be from their family? Didn’t we see the stone versions of people that looked a lot like our witnesses when they went to go get the sword of Methuselah? Why did Grace keep the journal and pass it down if it wasn’t already known that the witness would come from their stock. So with relation to Ichabod I had always just assumed what’s good for the goose is good for the gander, and he would have been selected in a similar method to Abbie.

After I really thought about it I realized that season one was just outstanding and really set the bar high. I feel like even without some of the missteps that occurred in season two it would have been easy to fall below that bar. I don’t know about everyone else, but I was literally wowed by the show back then. The entire season was presented at a very high level and then the finale, come on. I don’t think anyone in the world foresaw Henry being revealed as Crane’s son. It was literally shocking, like 4th and 10 on your own 20 yard line, up two scores in the 3rd quarter you go for it shocking, no one saw that coming. So they will absolutely always have that to be super proud of, but we may not get something at that level again.
At the same time, yep here comes the sunshine blower in me, a little part of me wonders if they actually have the goods and this is a little misdirection. I wonder if they have something so spectacular planned that it completely excuses having back to back episodes with barely any Ichabbie interaction this late in the season. When I think back on some of the earlier episodes and some of the things that have occurred it still makes sense that we would get ichabbie in love, at least one of them admitting their love to the other by the end of the season, but now I worry about whether there is time to do it nicely, or in a way that is worthy of them. I'm pretty sure they know they can't just plaster them together and expect people to be happy, if that was the case they should have slow burned the mess out of us, instead of the hot and cold display it has been. Plus what's happening with the whole apocalypse thing.

I don’t know where any of this is going, but just because I can’t see their vision doesn’t mean they don’t have one so I’m going to tune in to find out. I’m hoping they’ve come up with something so clever and mind blowing for the finale that’ll we’ll be able to think back on the previous episodes and have an aha moment. Maybe even they'll flash back to some of the previous episodes and fill things in a bit, like season 1.

I'm excited to find out who Sophie is, the one person consistently on screen that we know nothing about. I know some think she’s Abbie and Ichabod’s daughter, or Jenny and Abbie’s sister. Idk maybe she’s Pandora’s and THO's relation or maybe she’s the god’s who were killed by THO and Pandora, good or evil who knows. What I’m most interested in is the effect it will have on Ichabod and Abbie.

Last edited by GirLunLoosed; 03-21-2016 at 01:29 PM Reason: spelling/addition
Old 03-21-2016, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Finally your review is out!! will read it later. Seems like you have a lot of thoughts.