Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-07-2015, 02:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

Episode Discussion 3.02 | Whispers in the dark { Airs October 8th }

When Pandora uses her powers to unleash a new form of evil, Abbie and Crane are forced to face their pasts in unexpected ways.
(FOX)

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 10-08-2015, 07:21 AM
Passionate Fan

Looks good. I hope I get to see it tonight.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

Enjoy the episode everybody .

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 10-08-2015, 07:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

I liked this episode, especially the porch scene--wonder why.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Here goes a short review on todays episode.

Loved Crane, loved Abbie, loved Jenny, liked Joe, Agent Daniel might be a good addition to the series. I like Joe wanting to be involved in the action. It will be great seeing it. I'm enjoying this Pandora character, she seems like a good addition to the show for this season any way.

The opening scene.
Crane and Abbie was so Mulder & Scully during the episode tonight. lol
Agent Daniel Reynolds... I think that's Lance Gross character's name. Regional Cheif. Will be interesting to learn more of their past. Liked the sparks between Daniel and Abbie... although I wonder what happened.

Ichabod jealousy.

I love how Ichabod just can't call Abbie, Agent. it just wouldn't fit right.

I loved Abbie face expression with Crane was over there ranting. lol

Joe Corbin and Jenny Mills scenes were good. I loved seeing Jenny be straight up kick a$$ that's why most of us love her to begin with!

I love Crane and Abbie having a heart to heart again. The main reason why I am enjoying this season again is because it's totally what the continuation of Season 1 should have been. It has that emotional feels again, and Crane and Abbie have those meaningful in depths conversations still. Abbie telling Crane about her father. Reminds me of Season 1, she opened up to him in ways she really probably didn't with anyone else in the past.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

One of my issues with episode one is that the key to solving last week's mystery was the clue Betsy Ross left behind.
This episode, again, Betsy Ross was the key to solving everything. The minute her name came out of Abbie's mouth I had season two Katrina flashbacks. The writers are already trying to make her central to EVERYTHING, just like they did with Katrina, and it will only get worse as she is brought into modern times. The actress who plays Betsy Ross is also embarrassingly bad. I actually laughed watching that way too long scene with her and Ichabod. And what is with her voice? It's like the writers are trying to find any reason to give her purpose, again, like they did with Katrina. She is already dead weight and is sure to drag the show down in the coming episodes. She is literally there for no reason at all. None. Her trampy behavior should also be as offensive to fans as Katrina's damsel in distress schtick was. They are really banking on Nikki Reed's non-existent breasts and big teeth to garner fans and that sickens me.

Pandora is so much like Henry it's creepy. She sits in her cave conjuring up crap and it never makes any sense. We shouldn't have to wait another 10 episodes to find out what she has planned. I'm not feeling her at all.

One of the main highlights for me was actually Daniel Reynolds who I was originally against. I like that he and Abbie are cool with each other. Not like Abbie and Luke. It's nice to see Abbie not scowl at a former love interest. Plus, I'm gonna need Abbie/Daniel time to combat that Ichabetsy garbage we're going to get in EVERY SINGLE EPISODE.

I was indifferent to most of this episode after the beginning scenes with Abbie and Ichabod and then Abbie, Ichabod and Daniel. But then right at the end this crap of a show redeemed itself with news of Abbie finding her father. She's been following him and taking pics, which is straight out of a fanfic I read some time ago. As a matter of fact, that was the first fic I read where Abbie, Jenny and Ichabod moved in together. Abbie also taught Crane to do the laundry in that fic and hid from Jenny news of her finding their father.

The Jenny/Joe relationship I am also digging. I loved that Jenny wasn't just reduced to being a bad ass. I liked seeing her concern for Joe and her humanity period.

Overall, good episode, but I remain skeptical because I feel in my bones this Betsy Ross things is about to take over the show. I just feel it.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

Can Ichabod come clean my apartment? I loved listening to him sing while washing windows, while vacuuming, and even his burnt dinner was cute! hahaha!

Here's a novel idea for Sleepy Hollow writers..... stop having past lovers show up. They are not as interesting as you might think..... I don't care about Betsy Ross (even though I like her WAY MORE than Katrina). I don't care about Danny Reynolds... and having him as Abbie's new boss.... o_O? Really? Cliche much.....

Ichabod was being so cute when he mentioned he and Abbie had been at home having dinner. HAHAHA!!! He totally left out they were only room mates! lol! It was awesome!

w00t! Jenny/Joe team up!!! For a minute, I thought Jenny lived in a converted School bus, but it was a camper! LMAO!

I'm not to sure about Pandora yet, or than plant that's growing in the tunnels...... But I am liking her.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhoney (View Post)
One of my issues with episode one is that the key to solving last week's mystery was the clue Betsy Ross left behind.
This episode, again, Betsy Ross was the key to solving everything. The minute her name came out of Abbie's mouth I had season two Katrina flashbacks. The writers are already trying to make her central to EVERYTHING, just like they did with Katrina, and it will only get worse as she is brought into modern times. The actress who plays Betsy Ross is also embarrassingly bad. I actually laughed watching that way too long scene with her and Ichabod. And what is with her voice? It's like the writers are trying to find any reason to give her purpose, again, like they did with Katrina. She is already dead weight and is sure to drag the show down in the coming episodes. She is literally there for no reason at all. None. Her trampy behavior should also be as offensive to fans as Katrina's damsel in distress schtick was. They are really banking on Nikki Reed's non-existent breasts and big teeth to garner fans and that sickens me.

Pandora is so much like Henry it's creepy. She sits in her cave conjuring up crap and it never makes any sense. We shouldn't have to wait another 10 episodes to find out what she has planned. I'm not feeling her at all.

One of the main highlights for me was actually Daniel Reynolds who I was originally against. I like that he and Abbie are cool with each other. Not like Abbie and Luke. It's nice to see Abbie not scowl at a former love interest. Plus, I'm gonna need Abbie/Daniel time to combat that Ichabetsy garbage we're going to get in EVERY SINGLE EPISODE.

I was indifferent to most of this episode after the beginning scenes with Abbie and Ichabod and then Abbie, Ichabod and Daniel. But then right at the end this crap of a show redeemed itself with news of Abbie finding her father. She's been following him and taking pics, which is straight out of a fanfic I read some time ago. As a matter of fact, that was the first fic I read where Abbie, Jenny and Ichabod moved in together. Abbie also taught Crane to do the laundry in that fic and hid from Jenny news of her finding their father.

The Jenny/Joe relationship I am also digging. I loved that Jenny wasn't just reduced to being a bad ass. I liked seeing her concern for Joe and her humanity period.

Overall, good episode, but I remain skeptical because I feel in my bones this Betsy Ross things is about to take over the show. I just feel it.
Your problems with show are my problems. Specifically SBR providing the answers to everything. That's already old just two show in. They need to go back to alternating the monster killing muguffins between the founding fathers or at least mix them in some. I'm totally underwhelmed by SBR, and she is the show's "oh so apparent" weak link. Or ball and chain might be more appropriates since her presence is dragging down the show, and my enjoyment of it. Overall, I found the epi to be uneven, lacking in energy because I didn't get sense of real stakes danger like the show used to have in S1.

That said, the interaction between Ichabod and Abbie, Joe and Jenny and Abbie and Daniel (not really feeling them romantically, but I'm interested in what he can bring to Abbie's narrative) gave me enough that I did enjoy the episode.

While I do like SS's portrayal of Pandora, I am also going to need them to step it up with her a bit more as to what her overall purpose is. I didn't enjoy this week's MOTW. But I do realize that the show is still finding its footing and recalibrating from last season, so I'm willing to give P some time. I think they're gonna get there with her sooner rather than later. Can't say I have similar expectations for Sexy! Betsy. I don't want to beat a dead horse but NR's SBR is a colossal failure, a poorly imagined and executed plot point character; I don't see that or her changing and expect her debilitating affect on the show to worsen unless TPTB get an epiphany and cut back on her airtime as well as using her more effectively.

I give the episode a solid 6.

Last edited by BigEasygirl; 10-09-2015 at 12:58 AM Reason: Writing this on my phone which is giving me the blues. Lol
Old 10-09-2015, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

love this season so far, much better than the last.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
love this season so far, much better than the last.
I actually disagree. “This is War” and “The Kindred” were better episodes overall. I don't consider 'I, Witness” or “Whispers in the Dark” to be good at all. On a scale of 1 to 5, I would not give either episode more than a 3, and that's pushing it for the season opener which I thought was pretty bad.

Last night's episode wasn't good either, but it did have excellent moments. Crane and Abbie are so wonderful together. They warm my heart. Abbie and Daniel were also a high note. I'm actually looking forward to their friendship, because I don't sense anything more on the horizon. Abbie discovering her father meant everything. Kudos to Leigh Dana Jackson for writing Abbie to finally have a life.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:12 PM
New Fan

I was underwhelmed by the episode. It seemed lacking as did episode one.

The good: Crane doing housework.
Crane side-eyeing Daniel
Jenny and Joe
Working to preserve the Armory

The bad: The shadow monster
Crane and Abbie just seem off
Betty Ross

While I love what Nikki Reed does for animals and the environment, she is totally wrong for this role, just as Michelle Trachtenburg was god-awful as Abigail Adams.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper619 (View Post)
I was underwhelmed by the episode. It seemed lacking as did episode one.

The good: Crane doing housework.
Crane side-eyeing Daniel
Jenny and Joe
Working to preserve the Armory

The bad: The shadow monster
Crane and Abbie just seem off
Betty Ross

While I love what Nikki Reed does for animals and the environment, she is totally wrong for this role, just as Michelle Trachtenburg was god-awful as Abigail Adams.
I may have to watch again, but I thought Crane and Abbie were on point in this episode. It was episode one I felt they were way off.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:55 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhoney (View Post)
I may have to watch again, but I thought Crane and Abbie were on point in this episode. It was episode one I felt they were way off.
there were flashes of the old Ichabod/Abbie magic ( as partners and friends), but it just didn't seem to follow through for the entire scene for me.

Dunno, most likely it's just me.

I agree that Abbie and Daniel were good.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:16 PM
Passionate Fan

My only issue with the episode was too much Betsy Ross. Get rid of her and focus more on the two Witnesses and their goal.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:57 PM
New Fan

I Loved this episode! it was just ev-er-y-freak-ing-thing!!! Like I called a couple of my west coast friends and told them to make certain to watch. I was like I know you quit the show last season, but you have to watch this eppy. There were some bad parts in the episode but the good parts were so wonderful that it completely overshadowed the less remarkable ones. I'll start with the bad, which I really had to think about, and watch again to see because like I said I was on cloud nine when this episode ended.

1. As with last week some of the writing/dialogue was just not quite there. Jenny's lines were much improved, but I feel like the Betsy/Ichabod scenes could have been written better. My impression of her dropped from what it was last week, and I think that it was for me more a function of writing. When she was saying come out whatever his name was, it was absolutely cringe worthy, as well as the seduction scene, cringe worthy. New character, new writers? maybe they're both getting their legs under them. I hopeful it will improve.
2. Joe should know better than talking ish to someone revving an engine in a car stationed in front of him. Joe is ex-military but gets knocked out by getting hit with a car door, falling to the ground and presumably bumping his head. Nope. I don't believe you. Next time let him earn getting knocked out.
3. Why does Danny call Abbie Abs, I found that lame. Who has he ever heard call her that. Nobody, and I doubt she said this is my nickname. Plus that's what her ex called her. I would have liked to have seen something more original there. They spent months together surely some of her tendencies emerged, slap a name on them voila cute new nickname.
4. The entire shadow monster demon was lost on me. Why did Pandora care about the pension embezzlement? Perhaps it will come back up again and Ichabod will be placed in a similar situation later in the season, maybe with higher Abbie related stakes idk.
5. As some others said it was a rather quick clunky reveal of Pandora.
6. BlackHoney is right, that's two weeks in a row Betsy Ross is the key to solving the mystery, I completely missed that until she pointed it out, good insight lady! I did like that Abbie sort of pulled it out of Ichabod, but it's a little something to make you go hmm. Also Ichabod almost gets killed again. And is saved by Abbie, again. Jus saying da gyal irie.

Every single thing bad I listed, I do not care about because this episode for me was all about human relationships, whether Jenny and Joe, or Abbie and Ichabod, at the end of the day these relationships are the only thing that makes any of this matter. We so needed this.

Just an armchair critic but what I think the writers are struggling with is duality of focusing on relationships and still maintaining the interesting mystery/horror aspect of the show. This should be easy to rectify in time. As with life, at times when we excel in one arena, we drop the ball in the other and I think that's what's happening. But if something has to give I would want it to be the mystery aspect of it 10 out of 10 times because the show can survive without that being in top form, but when Ichabod and Abbie's relationship suffered last season the show was nearly cancelled.

That's a lot coming for me because I initially tuned in for the mystery, horror, and history, just an excellent combination in my opinion, but I stayed because of this incredible human relationship between Ichabod and Abbie masterfully portrayed by Nicole and Tom, what an absolute treat. Their abilities allow for the drop off in other aspects of the show, and I am hopeful in time, it'll be picked back up.

We need this time to start scratching away at their surfaces in order to find out what's motivating and burdening them, where their hurts, and demons are hiding. The more they reveal these things to each other the closer they will grow. They were so disjointed last season and though Ichabod made the right decision with his back against the wall I was left wanting more, and I feel like we got a bit of it in this episode.

She held him down the last two seasons and I don't feel that she was getting the appreciation she deserved. This eppy Ichabod was cleaning, folding laundry, (literally catching flies looking at her nighty) cooking....he was humble, and though I love the sexy, bullheaded, arrogant a$$ that is Ichabod Crane, it was sooooo nice to see a contrast to that. loved this other side of him. No lie, don't use twitter but I wanted to tweet the writers like "Please sir, may I have some more." Serve it up. Moreover he was voicing for the first time an understanding that being a witness isn't her only job, she works, and then works more with him. I feel like he's starting to empathize with what it is that she does, and appreciate her ability to make ish happen.

When he met Daniel, he was overtly, jealous, and protective, and possessive, flustered and petty and it was just freaking awesome. He was all yeah we were at home eating, when she got the call so..... I died during that scene, and believed every aspect of it. So well played, kudos to all three of the actors. I love the game on expression that Ichabod and Daniel shared at its conclusion. Pumped. Also she finally has a love interest besides Crane that I find sexy with it, haven't seen the appeal of any of the guys before Daniel.

The porch scene was fantastic, finally Abbie's allowing him a peek inside at some of her wounds and it was wonderful to see. She was open, and trusting with information that she hasn't shared with anyone else, and it was beautiful to see. I can't wait for next week.

I wonder where this whole Ichabod not being a citizen thing is headed. I doubt they'll do a fake marriage, but can you even imagine Ichabod in the classes you need to take to get your citizenship. He would be kicked out of class for correcting the teacher every three seconds.lol

Last edited by GirLunLoosed; 10-09-2015 at 08:09 PM Reason: as if it wasn't long enough, i added more. lol