Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2016, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

2x14 - "This Ball Of Mud And Meanness" - Episode Discussion (March 14th)

2x14 "This Ball Of Mud And Meanness"
Episode Discussion

Alfred and Selina help Bruce on his quest to find his parents’ killer, Matches Malone (guest star Michael Bowen). Meanwhile, Gordon follows up with Edward Nygma on Kristen Kringle’s whereabouts and Hugo Strange (guest star BD Wong) continues his treatment to reduce Penguin’s aggression in the all-new “Wrath of the Villains: This Ball of Mud and Meanness” episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, March 14 (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This is the first time in awhile where I watched a full Gotham episode and I loved every second of it!

Oswald storyline is unsurprisingly my favorite. He's having a tough time being trapped and the hallucinations. Can't wait for him to overcome all of this.

Bruce mission to hunt down the man who killed his father was also fun to watch.
Selina giving Bruce what he requested, a gun to kill the man who killed his parents. A huge step in his growing isn't it...

YES Alfred fighting and winning. There were some scary moments during the fight but I always new he'd prevail to win. He sure took some tough punches. I liked how in the end, he fell out. Realistic.
All of this for Bruce Wayne could get his meeting with Matches Malone. Which was in fact successful until Matches seems to lack the memory of when he killed his parents until Bruce reminded Matches....

David did some great acting in this episode.
Of course I knew Bruce Wayne wasn't going to go through with killing Matches although I wish he didn't leave the gun behind.

YES! Penguin is out of this institution experiment place.

Man how it seems Edward Nygma is getting darker during each episode.

Bruce left for awhile. He's going to travel with Selina. The shipper side of me is happy while the person who loves Alfred relationship with Bruce is heartbroken.
Bruce is really growing slowly into the guy we will all know him to become. Batman. He has to train even harder to become a stronger person. Poor Alfred though.

Great episode!

Old 03-14-2016, 06:44 PM
Extreme Fan

I was talking to someone when I was watching the episode and at the end when Bruce and Selina were walking along the railroad tracks, she was like "just hold hands already!", lol.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern_xTC (View Post)
I was talking to someone when I was watching the episode and at the end when Bruce and Selina were walking along the railroad tracks, she was like "just hold hands already!", lol.
I can understand.
I loved that walk between the two at the end of the episode though.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Bruce Wayne is forming his conscience imo. He got a gun to kill Matches Malone (isn't he a Dick Tracy character as well?) He found him after going past and viewing who knows what along the hallway to "Jerry's" room and getting Matches whereabouts. It was brave of Bruce to to venture into that seedy territory armed only with his truth and desire to do right. He listened to Matches's story and knew he couldn't shoot this damaged man, a man who made his living by being a killing monster.

Matches was brought to his breaking point by Bruce, I'll have to watch that again, but when he .... he knew he needed to die. To end things.

Now to Jerry. While I thought this was a cameo role for Ellen, I think she is just a follower of Jerome Valaskas' final televised moments. Remember all of Jerome's followers after his death? It was weird how she never washed off her makeup, or could she.

My heart is breaking for Penguin. Robin L Taylor is phenominal in his part. Why hasn't he won an Emmy yet? With each portrayal of Hugo Strange. I hate him more, however, Peabody is seeming to soften on me.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:14 AM
Elite Fan

Bruce living on the street does seem an interesting turn of events and I can only wonder how long it'll last. But I did like Bruce's letter to Alfred just because I really felt the tone of who Bruce will become.

I have to say, I guess this new Joker, was good and I especially liked her carved smile. But I still miss Jerome.

Loved Ed at the end, just his whole thought process regarding Jim, and of course the green question mark. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Riddler come into his own.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:25 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue winter roses (View Post)
Bruce living on the street does seem an interesting turn of events and I can only wonder how long it'll last. But I did like Bruce's letter to Alfred just because I really felt the tone of who Bruce will become.

I have to say, I guess this new Joker, was good and I especially liked her carved smile. But I still miss Jerome.

Loved Ed at the end, just his whole thought process regarding Jim, and of course the green question mark. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Riddler come into his own.
Did you notice his green lab outfit? He had that trademark green turtleneck on his scrubs.
Green is a normal scrub color, but not the turtleneck.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:05 AM
Master Fan

I think this one is actually one of my favorites of the 2nd half of the season thus far.

Bruce / Matches scene was perfect. We all know Bruce can't kill anyone. I fully expected Matches to kill himself.

The Alfred fight kind of reminded me a "Fight Club" setting. I love that Alfred is a bad ass. I am kind of over the "paternal grandpa" Alfred we have gotten in the films.

I like that Bruce is getting some pointers from Selina in his "training."

Lori Petty did a great job in her role as Jeri. I will admit she did remind of Harley Quinn especially from the Arkham games.

9/10.

Last edited by The Survivor; 03-16-2016 at 08:33 AM
Old 03-16-2016, 08:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Doux Reviews: Gotham: This Ball Of Mud And Meanness

In case you CBA to read, 10/10.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Good review, but really in depth, makes me think the reviewer was discussing real people in stead of real good writing and acting.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ah, that's me. I do the Doux Gotham now instead of posting to my tumblr.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:22 AM
Passionate Fan

Very nice Telepath!

I'm so glad to discuss episodes with people. It's not that we can solve any world problems, but it's almost like working a puzzle and finding the right piece to fight the space when I discuss the show.
Thanks
Old 03-17-2016, 05:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Your line about "real people" touches on a point I have made before. This isn't fan fiction. It's concrete analysis of the events depicted on the show. If you can make an intellectually honest review of an episode and the characters' actions down to this detail and it all makes sense, that constitutes empirical proof of the show's greatness.

Gotham is a great show.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:35 AM
Passionate Fan

I enjoy episode discussion even if it is just a simple reiteration of events. During that, important aspects of the epi are brought up.

(keeping the Gotham site open by posting)
Old 03-20-2016, 01:59 AM
Master Fan

this was really a great episode i was so happy with it.

As a BatCat fan i was like squeeing when he said he was going to stay with her for a while just because it means we will see a lot more scenes of them together. i did feel sorry for Alfred but im sure he understands he needs is independence. Though i'm surprised Bruce is just letting his cave go and not trying hard to get that fixed with lucious to unearth the secrets its like hes taking a hiatus from that...but then again finding Malone was like a big thing in itself.

I think Oswald was great in the this episode and very believable that he was fixed and better. and i just felt happy for him that he was able to leave.

i acutally was annoyed at matches its like this kid has gone through all this and you cant even remember? but then as it went on i felt sorry for matches because he had enough he had nothing to go to but crime and it would be boring.

The fight scene with bruce and alfred was really good and i think they both had their points like alfred was right dont but in i have it sorted...but bruce was right too..his butting in wouldnt of changed the outcome i think cupcake always dealt with things in that way.

and i have to say telepath your reviews are always so interesting i love reading them.

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign

Last edited by Marki; 03-20-2016 at 02:07 AM