Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2015, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

2x05 - "Scarification" - Episode Discussion (October 19th)

2x05 "Scarification"
Episode Discussion

Galavan and Penguin join forces with a dangerous family in Gotham. Then, as the rivalry between the Waynes and the Galavans resurfaces, Gordon struggles to maintain order in the city in the all-new “Rise of the Villains: Scarification” episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Oct. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-205) (TV-14; D, L, V) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1
Old 10-19-2015, 06:33 PM
Master Fan

Really enjoyed Gotham

- A nice spin on the Firefly character given the character is a male in the comic books.

- Some gruesome death scenes. Not to mention the eye removal scene even though the guy who lost his eye isn't an innocent guy.

- I thought the double date was a cute scene even though it might have been out of place.

- The history of the Galavant/Wayne family rivalry was a great sequence. Easy to figure out Theo would want to do some harm to Bruce Wayne (Ultimately will fail.)

The previews for next week look real good. I think Season 2 has easily shaped up to be better than Season 1.

Last edited by The Survivor; 10-20-2015 at 04:48 AM
Old 10-19-2015, 09:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

I liked this episode.

I also liked that it took all of one episode flat for Oswald to get back into game mode after getting his mother kidnapped.

However, side note, are the "Pike brothers" just a couple of guys who sit in the car? The guy who got killed was the one doing all the work?

Threatening Bruce's life is sorta "meh" because we know it can't happen so there's that.

I kinda missed having any Bruce or Alfred scenes but sure I get why the show needs to focus on plots so I don't mind that.

I thought the genesis of the Firefly character was kinda cool ("arsonist scared of fire") but honestly the actress was rather weak.

Wondering if they'll give Butch a prosthetic, an iron hand or something.

Doesn't seem to be any Bruce or Alfred in next episode either but what do I know. I guess they'll throw them in somehow because they don't want to do two episodes in a row without them. I was thinking they'd have Bruce and Selina meet and Selina telling him to go to hell for ratting her out to Alfred but she certainly seems to have her hands full at the moment.

Urgh really have no clue about anything right now, going to quit rambling.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm going to try to watch.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

The Order of Saint Dumas? Isn't that where Azrael comes from in the comics?
Old 10-22-2015, 01:43 PM
Passionate Fan

This episode was all about manipulation. Noticing that "brother/sister" thing (do the Galavans ever call each other by their first names?), that group of wild arsoniststs, they called each other brother-sister as well. They were manipulation the little fire fly girl ,as she was kept by the group of brothers to be a servant/slave. Then she had a choice of being turned out into prostitution (something that creeped me out as a very real predictament for some) or do the arsonists call. Selina came to her rescue a little too late, but hopefully the fire fly girl can do something to her brothers. Sort of a thank you very much thing.

Butch. oh poor Butch, Penguin's allie, someone who was real and a friend of sorts to him, then we find out that he was manipulated and conditioned to do Penguin's will.
Penguin is certainly being manipulated into a more evil person as well by the Galavans by them keeping his mother. I wonder if Mrs Cobblepot is already dead.

Chikliss, Gordon and Harvey are quite a team. A group to root for. The 3 Musketeers.

This last epi was an epi of manipulation. Every bad guy was manipulating another bad guy. Good guys and semi good guys were being manipulated into a worse life style. The 3 Musketeers seemed free from this, but Leigh manipulate Jim into a date night with Kringle and Nygma.

Great stuff here.
Old 10-25-2015, 01:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

The episode drew 1.3 which is a series low but the show was up against extremely stiff competition in a Monday Night Football matchup plus MLB playoff.

I have a hard time seeing how it matters since Gotham is in the top of the pile of Fox shows. If Fox has to cancel Gotham it might as well shut down the entire network.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:34 AM
Master Fan

i really liked how this episode was some what an entryway to all the exciting things that happend in the following episode. i love that selina is gettting involved in the show in her own sort of storyline its good to see her life rather than just being at the right place at the right time scenes or scenes connected to bruce. we havent seen many of those in a while.

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign