6x16

Old 03-01-2017, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt Leo it's 6x16 not 6x15 though

Season finale baby

"you for him" this is so exciting
Old 03-01-2017, 09:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

I won't comment until more of you have had a chance to watch, but...this is one of my favorite episodes EVER!!!!
Old 03-02-2017, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Really? You're making me so curious!!!!
I won't be able to see it until tuesday
Old 03-02-2017, 06:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

It's an emotional episode that would've made for a beautiful series finale except for one dangling story for which the door opened just a inch further. And the best news is, it's not the series finale-we get more!
Old 03-03-2017, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh no Leo, that sucks btw would you mind changing the title of the thread to 6x16 please ? thank you hun

OMG it was an awesome episode Mike is a lawyer Mike is a lawyer Mike is a freakin' lawyer

Gah there were so many Marvey moments, love my babies, they love each other so much Harvey being ready to sacrifice himself for Mike and Mike not being ready to let him do it because he knows being a lawyer is everything that Harvey is

Harvey trying to intimidate Walter Simmons the pushing was so hot furious Harvey with his angry eyes is so hot

Gretchen rocks as usual

Jessica saving the day I was surprised to see her but not surprised at all that she fixed everything haha she's the best

All the team being reunited at the end, love that scene so much

No Darvey hug though

Poor Louis I'm sad for him but he'll be better without her imho
Old 03-03-2017, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow this episode was so good! sdfdsfdss.

It definitely could have been a series finale but I am glad it wasn't.

Mike is a lawyer! . All the scenes with Harvey were amazing and I love that he wanted to give up his own position to help Mike. . Those two are so in love! And the ending scene was freaking amazing as hell! I love Mike wanting Harvey's office and saying Jessica was gone.

Seeing Jessica again was great, and she came back in a cool way and standing up for Mike was really great. It was so nice too see her again.

I wanted more Darvey but I am used to them getting the shaft...

I felt bad for both Louis and Donna this episode and I definitely want to see where their SL's go next season. i agree that Louis is better off without the girl anyways.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

If anything, the door opened just a bit further for the Harvey/Donna relationship to be explored in season 7, especially now that Harvey's dealt with his family/abandonment issues and the fact that Mike's fate is no longer hanging in the balance. Harvey is now free to focus on other areas of his life. (I wonder if Harvey has sub-consciously used Mike's problems to avoid dealing with whatever his relationship with Donna is, or isn't.)

What did Donna mean when she said she wanted "more"? I love that Donna is finally starting to focus on herself, regardless of what that might mean for her relationship with Harvey. She said, "I'm tired of putting my wants on hold." Go, girlfriend! (In the past, I've been critical of how Rachel was written as little more than Mike's girlfriend, and the only reason I wasn't equally critical of how Donna was written as little more than Harvey's secretary and the firm's emotional guru is because she is just so damn awesome at being that.) That scene was the episode's most intriguing tease for season 7.

Although I wasn't very invested in the Louis/Tara relationship, my heart broke into a million pieces for Louis. I wasn't expecting such an abrupt break-up. Not knowing the nature of Tara's past relationships, I don't blame her for being wary of Louis's emotional outbursts--his temper tantrums have caused problems before, and he must learn to express his hurt and disappointment in a more reasonable, rational, adult way if he hopes to have a healthy relationship in the future. Still, I love that Gretchen affirmed that Louis is worth loving, and I love that Rachel, to whom Louis has been cruel in the past, has been the one to help him navigate this relationship, and then to comfort him when it failed in a poignant, bittersweet scene.

The entire season, especially these past six episodes, has taken Mike and Harvey's relationship to an even deeper level. The "bromance" has been there from season 1, but their relationship has progressed to the point where few friendships go. They really are in love, in a deeply platonic way that transcends many fleeting and/or superficial romantic relationships. Harvey's willingness to trade his career for Mike's, though foolish and desperate, revealed how much the character has evolved since season 1, when sometimes it seemed the only person Harvey could ever truly love was himself. The looks Mike and Harvey exchanged after learning he'd passed the Character and Fitness portion of the Bar were full of love, pride, and gratitude, and it was an intimate glimpse into their depth of feeling for each other. (Similarly their handshake at the end, which neither wanted to release.)

ETA: Mike's line, "What I won't do is let her strip you of everything that you are" is laden with double meaning that I'm not sure Mike intended but is there nonetheless. Being a lawyer IS everything that Harvey is, and I hope that in season 7 he learns there is more to life than work. I hope we see more of his family, I hope we see him trying to have a personal life and a real relationship with Donna (or anyone), I hope we see him and Mike talking about stuff other than cases (like, for instance, what exactly are Harvey's feelings for Donna).

ETA: I appreciate the return of Julius to speak for Mike's character at the hearing. That had been one aspect of the prison storyline that I thought fell short, and his appearance in this episode helped bring Mike's reformation forward and the prison storyline to full closure. That, and I loved watching him mop the floor with Anita Gibbs.

That final scene is simply a Suits classic. Neither of them have considered the potential pitfalls of their arrangement but right now, who cares. Butch and Sundance, Batman and Robin, the Dream Team is officially working together again. I love that Harvey saw through Mike's protests that he didn't want to return to corporate law, and I love that Mike was the one who pushed Harvey forward into accepting managing partnership of the firm. I've watched that scene dozens of times, and it still makes me clap like a silly schoolgirl. (How Louis will react to this unilateral decision by Harvey, especially in the wake of an emotional break-up, might be, shall we just say, unpleasant.)

Finally, what a perfect way to bring Jessica back, to have her swoop in and save the day. It was especially touching because Jessica had struggled to accept Mike's presence at her firm. To punctuate that the two have come full circle and moved beyond the deception which defined so much of their relationship, I love that she and Mike were able to share a moment of mutual respect at the hearing.

More than that, the way Jessica handled Gibbs provided a thoughtful counterpoint to how Harvey had attempted to bulldoze his way over anyone standing in Mike's way. Now that Harvey is managing partner, it will be interesting to see if he can emulate his mentor's wiser method of handling an opponent than through force of will (which really is more a sign of weakness than of strength). He can't afford to be the gunslinger anymore. One of Jessica's strengths was her ability to rein in Harvey's worst impulses, but now Harvey must learn the art of self-control without Jessica being there to call him on his *****. (Instead, she'll be in Chicago, with Gina producing and starring in her own show--yay!) And I love, love, love that the whole gang was together in the courtroom and again when Mike learned he was in the Bar.

Sidenote: The gorgeous song that played during the Harvey/Mike tag scene is Bobby Bazini's "Blood's Thicker Than Water", found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE-DbfTQ9HY I've listened to every song on his You Tube channel and have downloaded his album Summer is Gone. Suits always chooses music with the just right vibe, but I should be hearing this guy on Sirius/XM every day.

I don't know how the Suits people find the music--I've heard it's a joint effort from everyone--but "Blood's Thicker Than Water" is the perfect song for the perfect moment for the perfect pair:

Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh

Brother, I feel you've been down
Tried to raise the rain from the ground
Can you hear my voice through the wall of sound?
Brother, I feel you've been down
Brother, can't take more than this
You can free those words from your lips
Can't deny we've all got sins
Brother, can't take more than this,
Yeah, yeah
Yeah

Don't let the shine leave your lights
Rivers don't run in a straight line
A friend of mine
Blood's thicker than water
Don't fall from grace with open skies
Leading the blind with open eyes
No compromise

Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh
Brother, don't worry, yeah

Brother, don't worry, it's alright
There's no darkness without the light
Please don't fall, it's not that high
Brother, don't worry, it's alright,
alright, alright

This could've been an almost-perfect series finale but I'm so glad it isn't!

Last edited by DiamondGirl5; 03-04-2017 at 01:00 PM
Old 03-06-2017, 08:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

poor louis and donna

so glad mike is finally a lawyer

great to see jessica again.

loved the ep. cant wait for the next season to start
Old 03-06-2017, 09:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
poor louis and donna

so glad mike is finally a lawyer

great to see jessica again.

loved the ep. cant wait for the next season to start
I empathize with Donna but she, in spite of her fear and uncertainty, definitely has the emotional IQ needed to travel a few rocky roads and successfully reach a destination.

Louis, unfortunately, definitely does not. Louis has gradually grown in self-awareness over the seasons, but he still lets his emotions control him instead of the other way around. I'm not at all confident he'll handle the break-up, and subsequently, Harvey becoming managing partner in what was essentially an agreement make jointly by Harvey and Mike, without any input from Louis, a name partner, with equanimity.

Korsh, who wrote this episode, did a great job of letting that moment of Mile learning he was in the Bar speak for itself. That the PSL family was all together in their "home" instead of learning the news at the courthouse (or wherever it was that the hearing took place) underscored the depth of the loyalty and love this family feel for each other.

I don't have time to watch as much TV as I'd like, but I've seen enough to know how rare it is for a series to as successfully re-invent itself as Suits has going into season 7.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Finally got to watch it yesterday and I"ll change it Cyndie Sorry

Poor Louis, but I figured that would happen

Yay for Mike And yay for being done with that whole storyline Let Mike do his work

Jessica Great seeing her!
Old 03-09-2017, 03:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Leo welcome back and thank you for changing the title