Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by quin611 (View Post)
I I think Jackson is a good character & I hope he doesn't die either.
He is a great character.... but that was my big fear with expanding the cast. Sometimes when you make the cast bigger you don't always need all the characters anymore. Or you can't find roles for them.

When Jeff Davis said that we've shown you all through Season 2 what was going to happen and what was going to happen in Season 3....

it makes me a little nervous. Because for a fair amount of Season 2 what was shown was people trying to kill Jackson. No idea if that was what he was making reference too or if he was talking about Lydia/Peter, both, neither, I have no idea.

Marcus

yes, it is very difficult to give everyone the same screen time. And I think this season we MIGHT have seen that to a degree. I mean, we had Scott-Allison-Stiles for the most part constant.

Once we found out Jackson was the Kanima we saw him more, even though he wasn't really "Jackson" if that makes sense. Before then, we didn't see him a ton.
Lydia, we've NEVER REALLY seen her a ton. And neither of them really that much with the other three together.
Derek, again, was largely hit and miss or MIA at times this season.

And that it was that I think at some point one of Derek-Lydia - Jackson is going to die. Because 6 leading type characters? That has to be hard to pull off. Especially when you want to introduce new characters and new big bad's and bring Peter back from the dead.

Someone is going to lose time and become less important and if he survives I imagine that person will be Jackson since he had such a big role this season.

Last edited by bonnie51; 07-29-2012 at 05:16 PM
Old 07-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

You are absolutely right.

6 main characters are very hard to integrate into a story.
I think, sacrificing a long lasting character in order to minimize the cast is a double edged because you risk to lose/to make viewers very angry.

I would hate it, when it becomes similar to the third season of The Vampire Diaries where characters disappear, new ones appear or old ones get used as plot devices to establish some sort of idea how to kill a main villain.

I think Colton is together with Dylan, Tyler H. and Holland one of the strongest actors in the Series besides from the adults, to lose him would also mean, to say goodbye to a very good actor.

Markus

Last edited by mr.weber01; 07-29-2012 at 06:06 PM
Old 07-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

I feel like Teen Wolf does a good job with the characters. They try to give them each a storyline every episode.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 07-29-2012, 06:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

You are right.

They are trying their best to give every character a purpose.

They have also one of the most sympathetic cast, I have ever seen.

Markus
Old 07-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.weber01 (View Post)
You are absolutely right.

6 main characters are very hard to integrate into a story.
I think, sacrificing a long lasting character in order to minimize the cast is a double edged because you risk to lose/to make viewers very angry.

I would hate it, when it becomes similar to the third season of The Vampire Diaries where characters disappear, new ones appear or old ones get used as plot devices to establish some sort of idea how to kill a main villain.

I think Colton is together with Dylan, Tyler H. and Holland one of the strongest actors in the Series besides from the adults, to lose him would also mean, to say goodbye to a very good actor.

Markus
oh, I agree that Colton probably is one of the better ones on the series... ironically, that might make it harder to keep the better ones on the series. Since when you're not bad more people want you. If all he could do is stand there and look pretty I wouldn't think there was any chance of him going on to bigger and better things.

Yeah, there is a risk with that but I think that its a risk writers feel the need to take. Take Jeff Davis comment:

"But its a genre show so that means you get to kill people off. YOU HAVE TO KILL PEOPLE, in order to keep fans on their toes.

And Holland and others have said that they hope that fans don't hate the show for whomever they are letting go/killing off. So while that doesn't scream anyone person in particular it does seem to indicate that it is someone who is at least moderately popular with the fans.

Not something I think you can say of Victoria Argent ( Although she was awesome in her role) or Gerard or Matt.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

I have to admit, that I adore him for having no fear to kill a main character.

I will do my best not to be mad of Jeff Davis of killing him/her, but I have to confess, that I have huge problems to deal with the death of a character.

I have read Holland's request that we should not be mad at Jeff Davis for killing a beloved character.

This gave me the feeling, it will be Jackson or Lydia which I cannot accept so easy.

Both of them are to interesting as characters and have developed so much during Season 2, which still would be a complete loss for me and waste of potential of what they can do with their characters.

I am not sure, how they will composite his/her loss, hopefully not by creating a new character who will be very similar to the old one.

The death scene of Victoria where committed suicide with the help of Chris was very touching, congratulations to Eady Mays she played it very wonderful. She brought me even to sympathize with her character, even if I never liked her character, I shed a tear for her.

I think her death could turn Allision into a very strong independ character who will free her self a little bit from Scott. I would like to see her more to fight for self, the scene in episode 2x05 Venomous where she poisoned her arrow with the Kanima's venom and shooted it at Erica was a very good moment, where you could see that she does not need Scott to defend her self. This is the Allision, I want to see tough independent, fearless, witty and feisty. I do not want her to be like Elena more like Katherine who knows excately want she wants and has no fear to do what is necessary to get what she wants, even when she has to hurt some people to get what she wants.

Michael Hogan is one of the best villain's after Victoria, the way Gerard is being able to hide his evilness behind the face of a loving grandfather is brilliant. The scene in episode 2x04 Abomination, where he stabbed Scott in front of the hospital and threatened him to stay away from Allision otherwise they will hurt his mother was very scary. The most frightening scene was in episode 2x06 Frenemy where he checked Allision's pulse in order to find out if she was lying about the identity of the Kanima still gives me some shivers.

Stephen Luhnsford scared me in episode 2x09 Party Guessed where he wanted his camera back from Allision, you could really see how dangerous he really is. The scene in Lydia's bedroom where explained him self to Allision about the secret photos he had taken scared me so much, that for a moment I really feared he would kill Allision. I am so glad that Allision is very good at self defense.

I cannot wait for tomorrow's episode
Spoiler:

Markus

Last edited by mr.weber01; 07-29-2012 at 10:03 PM
Old 07-30-2012, 05:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Come join the new Colton Haynes thread
I'm surprised there wasn't one already!
Elijah&Elena

Tumblr
Old 07-30-2012, 06:48 AM
Master Fan

Well, nothing is set in stone that they are going to be killing off Jackson ... at least as far as we know. Obviously, Jeff knows.

But I just think that 6 leads is really hard to pull off without giving someone the short end of the stick somewhat. And as frustrating as it was to watch with Lydia this season, to me, it'd be even more frustrating if it happened again next year.

Its the inherent problem of expanding the cast IMO
Old 07-30-2012, 06:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Teen Wolf today!!!!!! dvmnaldknsdlkbnsfnfnkg

I'm soooo nervouss and I don't even know if I can watch it live because it's my mom birthday and the house will be full of people -.-
I love watching it live because of the twitter comments or tumblr hahaha I've sooo much fun
Old 07-30-2012, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by annad13 (View Post)
Teen Wolf today!!!!!! dvmnaldknsdlkbnsfnfnkg

I'm soooo nervouss and I don't even know if I can watch it live because it's my mom birthday and the house will be full of people -.-
I love watching it live because of the twitter comments or tumblr hahaha I've sooo much fun
I'll be nervous in a couple weeks... tonight should be awesome but I'm 99.9% I won't be watching it live unless there is live stream on the internet somewhere? I don't know.

And even then maybe not... I may be somewhere where there is no internet or television so...

all my reservations about the show stem from who is all dying in the finale. Tonight looks like it should be awesome so I'm bummed I'll probably miss it
Old 07-30-2012, 08:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
I'll be nervous in a couple weeks... tonight should be awesome but I'm 99.9% I won't be watching it live unless there is live stream on the internet somewhere? I don't know.

And even then maybe not... I may be somewhere where there is no internet or television so...

all my reservations about the show stem from who is all dying in the finale. Tonight looks like it should be awesome so I'm bummed I'll probably miss it
Well I don't think anyone is dying tonight considering that there was a death on the last episode I think they are leaving the dead thing to the last episode..but I'm still sooo excited for tonight but I guess I will be able to watch it tomorrow.

Anyway I think this Gif It's appropiate for this thread hahaha
Old 07-30-2012, 08:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by annad13 (View Post)
Well I don't think anyone is dying tonight considering that there was a death on the last episode I think they are leaving the dead thing to the last episode..but I'm still sooo excited for tonight but I guess I will be able to watch it tomorrow.

Anyway I think this Gif It's appropiate for this thread hahaha
yep, thats why I'm nervous about the finale. Tonight...

I can see Matt or Gerard dying before the finale, maybe. With the lacrosse game happening in 2x11 I just don't know that they would do that with Matt still controlling Jackson and running around trying to kill people. Maybe they will.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Imagine if they threw us a complete curve ball and killed off Scott or Allison?
Elijah&Elena

Tumblr
Old 07-30-2012, 09:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaBrysh (View Post)
Imagine if they threw us a complete curve ball and killed off Scott or Allison?
That would be something....

In theory, you could get away with killing Scott just because its called "Teen Wolf" and not like Buffy or Angel or Rizzoli and Isles or House or dating myself Tru Calling where you needed the person whose name gave the show, etc...

that being said, I would absolutely stunned. Shocked. Floored.

I LOVE Allison. About as much as I love Jackson. Especially now that she's becoming a BAMF.

Scott.... well, I could live without Scott. LMAO. The show is probably never going there since he is the lead but while it would be drastically different I could handle it, I think. I like him more than I did in Season 1 but he still irritates the piss out of me sometimes
Old 07-30-2012, 09:17 AM
Extreme Fan

mmmmmmmmmm I don't want Scott to die!! I don't want any of the 6 to die. Even though Scott is not my favourite one I think Tyler is so adorable and he loves the show sooo much that I wouldn't like the writers to kill him. Secondly Stiles qould be devastated...and I don't like seeing Stiles sad and crying it kills me! hahaha so no!! don't kill Scott
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top