Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2022, 09:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...We Always Find Each Other (View Post)
I know! Hopefully, we won't have to wait king until Season 43!
Survivor 43 will air in the Fall.

I wanted to highlight pieces of an interview that Entertainment Weekly's Dalton Ross just posted with Jeff Probst:
Quote:
We feel really good about the excitement and energy that comes with doing the vote reveal in the jungle, immediately followed by an After Show when the players are still in game mode. It's so vastly different from the live reunion show because it's happening in real time. The players have not had six months to watch the episodes and be influenced by the criticism or praise they have received on social media. This is pure.

For now, the vote reveal in the jungle and the After Show is part of the new era and new format of our game. But like everything on Survivor, it's always in a state of flow.
Quote:
When we say this is a new era of the game, we mean it. We are establishing new markers. So things like small tribes, earn the merge, no food, risk/reward dilemmas, Shot In The Dark, are here to stay
https://ew.com/tv/survivor-42-finale...ner-interview/
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 05-24-2022, 10:04 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Of course it is RME. I still prefer regular Survivor and the live aftershow, I'm sick of this show always making things that are worse for the show permanent IMO.
Old 05-25-2022, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I miss the live reunion show and the reaction from the audience when the votes are being read. I don't like the open discussion of the TC and wish we'd go back to final 2 and one question/comment each from each jury member. Of course, I'm just ranting/complaining and will still watch this show, no matter what.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 05-25-2022, 05:48 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I still prefer a Final 2 as well and individual jury questions. I don't get why they don't try F2 sometimes or at least make it random. Now they just keep it at F3 and now with the F4 fire making challenge. Ugh, why? I still these have been dumb decisions. It was much better before.
Old 05-25-2022, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

^^ I agree.

I'm watching finale and dont' want to spoil but. I am happy about who was voted out and now we have final 4...

Spoiler:
Old 05-26-2022, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with you all. I'm fine with twists and changes if they switched it up from time to time. It's that they are keeping some of these new twists the same every season now that annoys me.

The fact that they rely on idols being hidden annoys me too.

Congrats to Maryanne! I am glad she won over Mike, even though Mike would have been a decent winner. He had a great attitude about it too but Maryanne answered better for sure. It always bites people in the butts when they dont own up to their vindictiveness and lying...

We all knew Romeo wasn't winning anything .

I was so happy to see Jonathan lose the fire challenge though, dang! That was great. Super bummed that Lindsey didnt win that final immunity but that's okay. It was a nice to see female winner and a black winner.
Old 05-26-2022, 01:20 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Keeping this new version of Survivor permanent for now (Which I was prepared for them to do, since that's what they ended up doing with all these damn Hidden Immunity Idols and all these insane twists) is just them being lazy. Like I said, I would be all for this if it was a random thing. I feel like they keep peeling back the best things about the show and keep forcing these other things that don't work or are overpowered IMO.

I loved this finale more than last season. Unfortunately, before the Omar vote I saw someone post in a Youtube comment that it's rumored Maryanne wins and the same person that spoiled Erica's win last season spoiled this one, so they said it might be right. At the time, I was like "How the hell does Maryanne win?" I loved her but she didn't make any huge moves yet, but again after she got rid of Omar I was like "Oh, so that's how she possibly wins." lol. I never would of thought when the season started Maryanne would win, but she grew and evolved beautifully during this season. I would of been more pleasantly shocked if I didn't hear that rumor, but I was still so happy and proud she won. I don't know if this is how parents feel when their child graduates from high school, but that's how I felt about Maryanne during that final tribal. She killed it with her answers and explanations, especially when she pulled out the immunity idol she had that no one knew about. I was like, that's my baby! lol. So happy she won.

I was surprised Romeo won the last Immunity Challenge, but he still didn't do crap. I thought Mike would of done better during the final tribal, I agree not completely owning up to his lies when he kept spouting all this bs integrity really shot him in the foot. Even during the final episode, why promise Lindsey and Maryanne you will give them both your idol? You will piss one of them off and since he has been wanting to get rid of Lindsey for a while, why give her that false hope? There's lies then stupid unnecessary lies. That's what he did, there was no reason to lie to Lindsey about that, cause everyone knew he wasn't going to give her his idol. Please RME. I was surprised how CLOSE that immunity challenge between Mike and Lindsey was! I was rooting for Lindsey to win so badly, that was disappointing it came down to one piece and she went home because of it. It hurt to see her get voted off. Same for Johnathan. It's crazy, even though I've been saying for weeks he needs to go but when he actually left I was a little sad about him too. I was getting sick of how cocky and arrogant he was acting though. They definitely need to bring back Lindsey for another season if they bring back past players, I feel she was robbed at the end and she is a great player. Also annoyed there was no Ponderosa this season, I was dying to know what happened when people were voted off SMH. Congrats again to Maryanne!
Old 05-27-2022, 06:36 AM
Absolute Fan

I saw spoilers about the end of the season fairly early on, but had gotten some of the details wrong because I'd only cursorily glanced at the thing I'd seen. What I saw did confirm the love I'd already developed for Maryanne, though, and helped me pay attention to and suss out exactly how she was playing the game even as I saw other people completely missing the signs and writing her off, so watching her win was very satisfying for me.

Regarding the changes that will define this new chapter in Survivor history, I seem to be one of the few hardcore fans who doesn't have any issues with what they've chosen to do going forward, but I do think that the success or failure of said changes will fluctuate depending on how individual casts react to them, especially now that future players will be aware of their existence going into the game.
Old 05-27-2022, 10:40 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

I thought those twists only kind of worked cause they didn't know it was coming. I just feel like it won't have the same effect if people know about them, especially if they bring the twist back about breaking the hourglass and changing what happens at the fake merge. I feel like they worked in a vacuum, who knows if it works when people know about them.
Old 05-27-2022, 10:03 PM
Absolute Fan

The point Jeff made in talking about the gameplay elements I mentioned being made permanent is that the strategies for future players will need to evolve to include adapting to the new gameplay elements and figuring out how to navigate them.
Old 05-31-2022, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Jonathan Young responds to accusations he was not treating women well on Survivor
Quote:
"Man, I hate that they felt that way," he says. "Because whenever I got a chance to talk about them, I would give them praise."

Old 05-31-2022, 02:15 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I never thought Johnathan was chauvinistic, but towards the end he was getting on my nerves with how he was always talking down to Lindsey IMO.
Old 06-02-2022, 03:28 AM
Absolute Fan

To pass the time until September, I've decided to rewatch earlier seasons of Survivor, starting with The Amazon, and it's a little strange to see just how different and yet unchanging Jeff Probst's presentation of the show as host is/was.
Old 06-03-2022, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think thats unfair to Jonathan. He wasn't a bad guy from what we saw. I think everyone gets cranky on that island and says things or has a bad attitude. I think its a bit crazy to make false claims like that.
Old 06-03-2022, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I think thats unfair to Jonathan. He wasn't a bad guy from what we saw. I think everyone gets cranky on that island and says things or has a bad attitude. I think its a bit crazy to make false claims like that.
Agreed.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top