Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2018, 12:01 AM
Moderator Manager

7B is back at March 28th. Aaron spoke the truth this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
darvey4life?
That was the only thing that registered in my brain, tbh.

Quote:
Seven years of #Suits brought me this brother from another, a scene partner like no other, an ever trusted director, and the raddest fairy godfather a mom could ask for. I love you and your huge heart, @halfadams. Ever grateful for this journey together and excited for all the goodness that lies ahead. It will forever be a highlight of my life and career to have shared screen time with wildly talented, super hilarious, deeply honest, you. 😘😥 oh...and you’re really pretty. Photo @philcrozier

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet. ✨

Old 01-31-2018, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha this time right is it March 28th yet ?

Sarah's message

Thanks for all the links

darvey4life aww this is so cute Meghan is also a Darvey shipper

I know the chances were thin but my Marvey heart is broken I already miss them
Old 01-31-2018, 01:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

We finally have an date It's sad to see Patrick's departure officially confirmed, but will still stick around to see what season 8 is like. Will check that out the promo later.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie57 (View Post)
Haha this time right is it March 28th yet ?

Sarah's message

Thanks for all the links

darvey4life aww this is so cute Meghan is also a Darvey shipper

I know the chances were thin but my Marvey heart is broken I already miss them
From one broken Marvey heart to another, check out Patrick's IG from yesterday--he and Gabriel were showing the bro love...

...and Sarah and Patrick too...

...and Patrick's a Darvey shipper...I think we knew that already but the # is cute anyway...
and apparently he's open to return visits....

March 28th is a little later than I'd hoped, but that just means the end (for Mike and Rachel) is postponed long enough for me to process this change.

I like that Dule Hill/Alex Williams has been bumped up to series regular. Alex Williams still needs development, but I like the dynamic he brings to PSL. He's Harvey's friend but based on what we saw in 7A, Louis might finally get a best friend of his own.

I love that 716 will be a 2-hour wedding-themed finale! Since it's also the backdoor pilot for Gina's spin-off, the extra hour gives ample time for stories to be told.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

Katherine Heigl To Star In ‘Suits’ Season 8 On USA Network | Deadline

Doubt reunion with Dulé Hill.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow this is surprising with all the diva rumors about her btw love reading the comments above the article

I'm curious to see her dynamic with Harvey on screen, nothing will ever top Marvey's magic of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGirl5 (View Post)
From one broken Marvey heart to another, check out Patrick's IG from yesterday--he and Gabriel were showing the bro love...

...and Sarah and Patrick too...

...and Patrick's a Darvey shipper...I think we knew that already but the # is cute anyway...
and apparently he's open to return visits.....
I know but nothing's gonna be the same anymore, I'm feeling nostalgic already
Old 01-31-2018, 06:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wow...didn't see this coming--

Katherine Heigl To Star In ‘Suits’ Season 8 On USA Network | Deadline

Most of the articles I've read assume her characters is a "replacement" for Rachel, but the character description reads like someone older and closer to Harvey's level of experience, someone with whom he can go toe-to-toe.

KH is a very good actress but she comes with a reputation for being difficult on-set, particularly on Grey's Anatomy. She's apparently a huge fan of Suits, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for now, but it does appear Aaron is re-inventing the show, which is a good thing, I think. With Mike gone, I don't want Harvey replacing him with another protege or mentee--I want the Mike space in his life respected. And the Jessica space, for that matter.
And, with Donna the only woman remaining at PSL, another high-powered female attorney was needed.

But, for now, I'm concentrating on 7B. I'll worry about s8 when it gets here.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:34 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm kind of lukewarm with KH. I agree she's an amazing actress but all these rumors about her being difficult on-set also kind of makes me meh at this casting. I guess we'll see. I am however looking forward to her on-screen dynamic with Gabriel, Sarah & Rick.

I agree that Aaron is probably re-inventing the show. It's not always good when 2 of the leads leave. Other shows have survived but it's always difficult.

Quote:
But, for now, I'm concentrating on 7B. I'll worry about s8 when it gets here.
Same. We'll worry about 7B now and then worry about S8 when we get it soon.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie57 (View Post)
Wow this is surprising with all the diva rumors about her btw love reading the comments above the article

I'm curious to see her dynamic with Harvey on screen, nothing will ever top Marvey's magic of course

I know but nothing's gonna be the same anymore, I'm feeling nostalgic already
Yeah, it will be surprised to see what she is like on set and all.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I'm kind of lukewarm with KH. I agree she's an amazing actress but all these rumors about her being difficult on-set also kind of makes me meh at this casting. I guess we'll see. I am however looking forward to her on-screen dynamic with Gabriel, Sarah & Rick.

I agree that Aaron is probably re-inventing the show. It's not always good when 2 of the leads leave. Other shows have survived but it's always difficult.
For all the talk that she's "replacing" Meghan, I think she's coming in as the new #2, which is/was PJA's spot, though her character description might be closer to that of a combination of Jessica/Harvey.

I don't know...I'm curious but not excited.

Last edited by DiamondGirl5; 02-01-2018 at 09:13 AM
Old 02-01-2018, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
For all the talk that she's "replacing" Meghan, I think she's coming in as the new #2, which is/was PJA's spot, though her character description might be closer to that of a combination of Jessica/Harvey.

Yeah, I am interesting to see what her character is like though.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:43 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:

I agree. She's probably #2. Honestly, I think she'll do a good job which makes for great TV. But yeah, I'll still have to wait and see.

Old 02-02-2018, 02:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I agree. She's probably #2. Honestly, I think she'll do a good job which makes for great TV. But yeah, I'll still have to wait and see.
Do you think you will watch S8?
Old 02-02-2018, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like KH, and I think shes a great actress so I'm excited...

I just dont want a romance with Harry.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Now that I've had a couple days to process Patrick's departure and Katherine's arrival, I'm closer to acceptance. This article helped--

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...suits-season-8

It also helps that she is a huge Suitor herself--she knows character and storyline history, so binge-watching for research will be unnecessary. The fact that she and Dule Hill have worked together and get along well should help assimilate her into the family. Rick Hoffman and Sarah Rafferty have reached out to her on social media (and I'm sure Gabriel Macht, as the show's #1, has reached out to her privately).

Most of the issues viewers are criticizing her for happened ten years ago and everyone involved seems to have let it go. She's older, wiser, and has hopefully learned from experience since leaving Grey's. (I watched the first season of Grey's Anatomy. Izzie and George were my favorite characters--I dropped it only because, at the time, I still had a child at home and real life was too busy for much television.) I've not seen most of her films, but I'll take recommendations.

I don't think we need to worry about her character becoming a love interest for Harvey--that wasn't the point of casting her. Suits needs strong female presence at PSL, especially with Gina leaving after 7B for the spin-off. Plus, no one wants Harvey to "replace" Mike with another male protege, so the best way to go is to insert a female character at or close to Harvey's level of experience. Despite the failure of Heigl's previous two shows, she does have experience portraying a lawyer. So, as far as I'm concerned, her casting makes sense (even if I wasn't expecting it).

I just started season 6 on my re-watch. I'd forgotten details from the early seasons, and I've been reminded of what a total badass Jessica Pearson is--I cannot wait for Gina's series to launch (it hasn't been picked up yet, though rumor suggests it will be).

Last edited by DiamondGirl5; 02-02-2018 at 12:49 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top