Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2016, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

DS were awesome in season 1. Season 2 kiinda sucked but I still liked them and they still had good moments. Then the horror that was NS happened. Sorry, hated them together.

Then they had some good moments again in season 4 Love that she picked him over Nate. And of course the final season was great. The ONLY saving grace to that season IMO.

Quote:
Agreed I think it sends a horrible message to women, especially young women, that it's ok to take back your boyfriend/husband/whomever even after they sold you for a hotel (literally treated you as property) or used physical violence with you and your friends (Serena, Jenny). I really didn't like the way he would speak to her and speak to her as if he owned her. That's simply not a good message to send viewers.
SOoooooooo much word Courtney!!

Quote:
she had no direction or drive and was in an incredibly vulnerable state, after so much loss (the baby, Chuck) which Dan enabled. But I also don't think it's weak to finally decide to follow your heart and accept the love she felt for Chuck
She had no direction or drive because she litterally put eveything into ONE PERSON who ended up hurting her countless times. Chuck was the reason fro her unhappiness. She did finally find her voice with Dan IMO. At least with just the friendship that they had. He supported her and helped her be her own woman.

And I do think its weak to take back someone that is emotionally abusive.

Quote:
Was anyone happy about lily ending up with William by the way?? I don't like how he treated his daughters and he got away with so much!!
I only think they did this because they didnt want people saying that DS were incest because their parents were together. But it doesnt surprise me because they put CB back together so clearly they didnt care how horrible William was. lol.

But TBH I could care less about the adults and R/L relationship anyways. lol.

Quote:
It's why I don't come here every I don't feel comfortable.
Completely understandable. Some posters have blinders for CB and if you dont ship them you are the devil. Don't let it get to you, there are DB fans everywhere trust.

One thing I do agree about ti C/D but I love Dan with everyone. I also loved the dan/nate friendship and the blair/jenny thing, whatever it was.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If DS stuck through stuff through the seasons more and it wasn't constantly a switching of partners etc...I would have watched more but I loose patience with the soap operishness of it you know?
Old 09-18-2016, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked Ds especially s1 dsso I was okay with them ending up together and liked their ending although I lost some of the love I had for them in early seasons I did love Serena with Nate and Carter as well. I did ship Nate with all the leads except V Nate is very shippable lol.

I do feel in s1- s2 Serena loved Dan and she was the most consistent about him. I felt in s3- s6 she started to be to much of a serial dater and acting like every guy was the one

I also felt that it was wrong the writers gave up the college setting they acted to much like they were in the mid twenties
Old 09-18-2016, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess if I watched the rest of the seasons I'd understand that more!
Old 09-18-2016, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

dan/vanessa were so boring,

I LOVEDDDD carter/serena but really, sebastian can do no wrong in my eyes.

Quote:
If DS stuck through stuff through the seasons more and it wasn't constantly a switching of partners etc...I would have watched more but I loose patience with the soap operishness of it you know?
I kinda get it, but so many other shows are soap opera-y too. Like, OTH and 90210 so Im surprised you couldnt get through GG.

Quote:
I also felt that it was wrong the writers gave up the college setting they acted to much like they were in the mid twenties
yes yes yes they did. it was awful. seasons 5/6 were so boring in terms of storylines. dont even know what they were doing with nate.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I kinda get it, but so many other shows are soap opera-y too. Like, OTH and 90210 so Im surprised you couldnt get through GG.
I also didn't continue because I was catching up on other shows that were and are currently running so...
Old 09-19-2016, 02:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I see a double post there ^^

The BEST OF THE BEST!

Ash Benzo is so cute

Dorota
Here's What Dorota From 'Gossip Girl' Looks Like Today

OTH and GG... Ehh...
http://www.revelist.com/tv/gossip-gi...tree-hill/4678

Last edited by lessismore; 09-19-2016 at 02:27 AM
Old 09-19-2016, 03:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the tweets!
Old 09-19-2016, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie Mae (View Post)
Thanks for the tweets!
My pleasure

It's such a pitty that you didn't finish GG. I wonder if you'd still like Dan as a character because especially S5 & S6 Dan is not root worthy at all.

Considering how Chuck and Dan are opposites I am really pissed that they did ruin CD in S5 too. Their scenes were always been in my faves especially because of Chuck of course but yeah I really enjoyed them. I still think Dan was in love with Chuck actually If he'd turned up to be gay that would have been a great twist and explain so much why he sucked so much with women

I remember reading that in S1 and S2 Penn's fave scenes were the ones with Ed too

One of my favorite scenes in Season 6 is when Dan announces Chuck instead of Bart where he was supposedly getting the award for the man of the year. IT WAS AMAZING!!! I literally cheered up and I was at my office
Old 09-19-2016, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I might be tempted to finish watching the seasons but so many new shows are premiering this week!
Old 09-19-2016, 04:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I might be tempted to finish watching the seasons but so many new shows are premiering this week!
I know the struggle All my faves are coming this week. And I've just learned that my big meeting is postponed so I am gonna actually be able to watch them live

I watched GG live, when it aired. But binge watching is really easy that's why I keep asking
Old 09-19-2016, 04:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love to binge watch too, but I have a list of shows I'm already binge watching on Netflix!
Old 09-19-2016, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I love to binge watch too, but I have a list of shows I'm already binge watching on Netflix!

Well as I recall you said you didn't like S1 too, right? S1 is amazing so if you didn't like it, it would be harder to continue. That's why you are dragging it out I guess.

For me GG has one of the most captivating pilots. It was certainly not a cliche teen show for me since the beginning. But 3rd episode really got me sinking in. Once I've seen a guy riding a limo to a high school I was so interested Then it had CB, I loveeeeee their banter and scheming together. Then the finale scene with SB at central park, bethesda fountain . I've always envisioned CB getting married there and writers envisioned same with me. And when I visited NYC I was literally running from meeting to meeting and then to JFK to cacth my plane, yet I told my colleague that I MUST SEE THERE! I am so glad I did visit there even for 15 minutes . It's a magical place Still today it makes me so happy that my babies got married there.

I remember a Netflix article, which I also remember sharing here, that most of the pilots are not captivating enough for audience rather it's 2nd or 3rd episodes. For GG it was the 3rd episode as well

Ah here is the article: Netflix knows the exact episode of a TV show that gets you hooked - The Verge
Old 09-19-2016, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked Season one but wasn't amazed by it to jump into season two you know?

On that link, there are 9 shows on my to-watch list!
Old 09-19-2016, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ Double post

Gotcha!

S1 and S2 are my faves! I really recommend you to catch up with them then

S2 is season of love: Chuck and Blair
S3: I don't remember the main theme of S3 but for it was isolation for me. IDK why but every teen show sucks when they graduate from high school
But they actually admitted they made a mistake to put Blair in NYU with Dan and Vanessa. I don't hate the season tbh but I'd prefer more CB. I still love S3 so much because CB were so married
S4: The beginning is so exciting I remember literally running to home to watch the new episode. Then second half snooze fest with isolating DB again. You'd think they learned their lesson
S5: "Growing up" but not for everyone Mainly Chuck.
S6: Adulthood.

Generally as a common path GG was better in first halves rather than second halves in each and every season. Then they'd always finish the seasons with a bang -meaning exciting finale episodes trying to fix whatever they've undone in second halves

One another thing that I disliked was that they chose OMG moments over character based SLs. It started with S1 but it became an essential part to the series and made the show become soapy and especially in S5 cringe worthy. My eyes still hurt from eyerolling to the unblair things Blair's done or every time Dan opened his mouth.

IDK if I posted this before, it's funny
http://www.seventeen.com/celebrity/m...erent-in-2016/

Quote:
23. But most importantly, Dan wouldn't have had time to create Gossip Girl, because he'd just be binge-watching Netflix. Guys, this is so real.
probably

Who's gonna watch Kristen's new show? I've read many good reviews! I love her

Last edited by lessismore; 09-19-2016 at 09:07 AM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top