im good with:

orange/reds
orangey/sunset
yellows
greens
turquioises
very light blues or dark blues but not the bright blue color
greys

not into purple or pink really. or browns cuz those are too earthy imo for a tv board
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 12:13 AM
Graphics Team Manager

How would you feel about a combination of colours from these two colour schemes? They seem to be the most liked ones. Maybe with some yellow/gold/orange shade thrown in to add a bit more variety & contrast? Even if it is just featured in the graphics or highlight areas (E.G. buttons, links)

Images to include:
  • Television
  • Tablet
  • Phone
    Surrounded by elements from different genres;
    • Music Shows & Competitions - MICROPHONE
    • Crime - CRIME TAPE / GAVEL (to represent the court system too)
    • Medical - CADUCEUS / RED CROSS
    • Cooking - CUPCAKE / FOOD / KNIFE & FORK
    • Fashion & Model - DRESS
    • Survivor/Races - Torch & red/yellow flags? Or is that too obviously only Survivor/Amazing Race?
    • Documentaries - CAMERA
    • Supernatural - GHOST / ALIEN / WIZARD HAT
    • Superhero -
    • Historical - HISTORICAL BUILDING
    • Sports - FOOTBALL / SOCCER BALL
    • Dating - ROSE (like Bachelor) / HEARTS

I put what I added in into italics

Another thought - the comedy/tragedy faces symbol to represent our feelings when watching as well as comedies & tragedies

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 02:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
How would you feel about a combination of colours from these two colour schemes? They seem to be the most liked ones. Maybe with some yellow/gold/orange shade thrown in to add a bit more variety & contrast? Even if it is just featured in the graphics or highlight areas (E.G. buttons, links)

Images to include:
  • Television
  • Tablet
  • Phone
    Surrounded by elements from different genres;
    • Music Shows & Competitions - MICROPHONE
    • Crime - CRIME TAPE / GAVEL (to represent the court system too)
    • Medical - CADUCEUS / RED CROSS
    • Cooking - CUPCAKE / FOOD / KNIFE & FORK
    • Fashion & Model - DRESS
    • Survivor/Races - Torch & red/yellow flags? Or is that too obviously only Survivor/Amazing Race?
    • Documentaries - CAMERA
    • Supernatural - GHOST / ALIEN / WIZARD HAT
    • Superhero -
    • Historical - HISTORICAL BUILDING
    • Sports - FOOTBALL / SOCCER BALL
    • Dating - ROSE (like Bachelor) / HEARTS

Another thought - the comedy/tragedy faces symbol to represent our feelings when watching as well as comedies & tragedies
I love the ideas for the banner a lot!! (that is what it's for? As for the colors I like them and I agree I think maybe combine them with a bit of the others too.
Old 10-15-2021, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I defintely wouldnt want an ALL green board some other colors would be necessary for sure.

i dont think we need the gavel? i think the rose, some food and the microphone could represent reality tv well.

we need more for regular tv shows like dramas and action related shows.

sports already has its own board so i dont think id want to see a football or basketball or anything here... but maybe thats just me. lol.
Old 10-15-2021, 04:35 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't think anyone has suggested all green?

The list is already meant to represent all shows, not just reality television. The gavel suggestion was to represent legal dramas while the crime tape represents crime dramas since not all have both elements. A microphone could represent a musical show or a musical competition.

Quote:
that is what it's for?
Yes. This thread is for everyone to discuss what colours they would like the board to be & what they'd like to see in the new banner up the top which has the board name (& will have the new board name in the new graphic).

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-15-2021, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

No, but both color schemes you linked are all green. As I said above, other colors would be needed. I was agreeing with what you already said. No need to put that ? smiley.

Quote:
The gavel suggestion was to represent legal dramas while the crime tape represents crime dramas since not all have both elements.
I see. To me, the symbols seem way more fitting for reality shows tho.

Personally I am fine with a tv and a remote and a couch and other tv watching related types of things. maybe like a living room scene. Siimilar to what is there now but maybe just more updated... but honestly it doesnt really matter that much what we suggest because the banner makers will make their own decisions at the end of the day so...

Last edited by Alexa; 10-15-2021 at 10:08 PM
Old 10-15-2021, 10:13 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I was confused which is why I questioned it. Both colour schemes I linked to include shades of green & blue. I also suggested adding in orange as well, then I couldn't remember seeing anyone who had suggested all green. Hence my confusion (& my use of that emoticon). If you only see green in them however that clarifies it

My suggestion from the start was to represent all shows/genres, never just reality TV. I respect that you see it that way though

Quote:
because the banner makers will make their own decisions
That may have been the case when you were on the team, but it is not the case now. No one just makes whatever they feel like. Banners which do not follow what a board wants have also been been excluded from polls. If the team just wanted to do whatever having these threads would be pointless. Our purpose is to make customisations which aim to make the majority of posters happy. The only time the team makes their own decision is when a suggestion is not possible, cannot come to a decision, or leaves the decision making to us.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-16-2021, 01:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think that smiley comes off very condescending, you could have just said the statement without it.

I suppose the second one has some blue but they look more green blue or grey to me and regardless it’s a LOT of green in both those.

I don’t think these threads would be ‘pointless’ cuz they could and should help the team come up with ideas but I have def seen boards that don’t take any of the suggestions from the members too. And when people have differing opinions it’s also hard to please everyone so at the end of the day I do think the graphic makers will just decide what they want to do.

Perhaps the team should open up the voting to the ff members on said board, that would be nice.

Last edited by Alexa; 10-16-2021 at 01:32 AM
Old 10-16-2021, 02:10 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Never my intention to be condescending, sorry about that . I just like emoticons so used one

Fair enough. Different screens can alter the colours so could be why I see differently. It could potentially result in a very green board, but I don't see that. When I suggest combining I hope that the team uses a variety of the shades. Based on the comments in this thread I was thinking focusing on the mint greens, a little bit of blue (light & dark), & using some of your orange suggestions. The board could also consider coming up with a colour scheme based on a combination of those colours or letting the team decide what colours they want to take.

I meant if we didn't take on board what the posters wanted the threads would be pointless. I'm sorry you feel that there are still boards where we don't take the opinions on board, that is never our intention. All boards are welcome to contact us with any concerns they have, including if they feel we have not heard them or done what they've suggested. While it is true that we will never please everyone, we do take on the opinions of everyone. Unfortunately majority rules as well. If you've got further things you'd like to discuss with us regarding the customisation process feel free to PM me &/or either of the other Graphics Team Managers. This includes if you've got suggestions for our process. You may also wish to take a look at the first two posts of this thread as it may give you more of an idea on how the team currently works. I'd also love to look into any board you consider that we haven't taken on the feedback of the posters. I'm sorry if you feel that we just decide to do whatever. Any decisions made by the team are based on the feedback from these threads. We do however make suggestions in here, such as the suggestions I've made in here. But I've also made a point that I'm not a poster here so I don't get a say. The decision is everyone here who is a poster, not mine, & not the team.

I would also love to know what you'd like to see in the graphic. What more would you like to see to represent regular shows? Other than the symbols suggestions in my notes I've got: Multiple devices to show how people now can watch/stream shows (E.G. TV, laptop, tablet, phone). Remote & lounge could also stay.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-16-2021, 08:03 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
sports already has its own board so i dont think id want to see a football or basketball or anything here... but maybe thats just me. lol.
The use of sports is because of sports dramas, not the actual games.

This is for like Friday Night Lights, Ted Lasso, All American, One Tree Hill, etc. Those are discussed here and not on the Sports board.
Old 10-16-2021, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I like the light/mint green and lighter/maybe a little bit more darker blue. I’m not feeling the orange color, but that’s just me…

I think all of the symbols you have listed represent both the television and reality television portions of the board well.

Quote:
No we can't include the logos due to copyright issues
Oh, right! Makes sense!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Always & Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I would also love to know what you'd like to see in the graphic. What more would you like to see to represent regular shows?
I already mentioned I personally would like to see the typical tv scene, couch, tv, remote maybe a few other living room type things. Similar to what we have now but just updated and more modern looking. No people in the graphic... I think its simple but its cuter/more cohesive then a bunch of symbols.

Yes Jackie I am aware of what the sports balls would represent. Still not fond of it.

Interesting suggestion Chelle but I think my PM to the team would probably be overlooked . I think it's a pretty long process to make changes like that on the board when they've been doing things a certain way for so long.

I will see myself out now though, good luck team!
Old 10-16-2021, 06:55 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Ok I've got your suggestion in the notes then.

We don't overlook any PM, but suit yourself . Changes may take time to discuss & implement if we go ahead with them, but just because we've been doing things a certain way doesn't mean we can't change things. The team has changed how it has done things in the time since I've been a manager for example.
FYI I have taken your suggestion for allowing everyone to vote to the management team to discuss.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-16-2021, 09:30 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
I like this.

Quote:
Images to include:
Spoiler:

Or how about the SMPTE color bars? Unless that will clash with the board colors that will be used?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 09:51 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Or how about the SMPTE color bars? Unless that will clash with the board colors that will be used?
We could have them on a screen, they wouldn't then be used to make up the customisation itself, so I don't know that they'd clash.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top