Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2017, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Emotional Tethers [Stiles ♥ Lydia] #47: "Whoever he was, I think I loved him" - Lydia

"He will always love Lydia, that’s not just a crush kind of thing. The way I look at that in the show is that this is the girl that he has had that in love with crush on since you were eight, but you know when your eight and you have that first crush, and then when your nine you have that next crush that new girl in the class, then as you get older your crushes last longer and longer kind of thing. I think he is one of those such hopeless romantic souls that he has literally set his sights on Lydia when he was eight years old and his love has only grown since. Like he is just head over heels, that is his girl. He even acknowledges the fact that she is bat sh** and even acknowledges that yeah she is horrible to me as well, but for some reason he just loves her." - Dylan O'Brien.

honorary shipper's.
1. Dylan O'Brien
2. Holland Roden
3. Jeff Davis
4. Papa Stilinski
5. Allison Argent
6. MTV
7. Carlton Banks
8. Price Peterson
9. Eonline!
10. Zap It
11. The Queen.
12. President Obama.
13. Dr. Deaton
14. Jill Wagner
15. Haley Webb
16. BuzzFeed
17. NY Times Square
18. Ian Bohen
19. Linden Ashby
20. Arden Cho
21. Keahu Kahuanui
22. Kira Yukimura
23. Scott McCall
24. Melissa McCall

In the 3rd Grade, when Stiles Stilinski was 8 years old, he fell for a pretty, intelligent and popular redhead by the name of Lydia Martin. Unfortunately, due to their unequal social status, and Lydia's superficial desire for social superiority, she was unaware of his existence, and would later begin a more socially suitable relationship with captain of the lacrosse team, Jackson Whittemore. For years, Stiles was forced to adore her from afar, and his hopeless crush strengthened and evolved into intense love. 8 years later, werewolves, kanimas, and hunters render lives into constant upheaval, and in times of desperation, people turn to those they would least expect. In an unexpected twist of fate, Lydia's source of safety, comfort and love became Stiles Stilinski. However, fate was not in Stiles' favour as he had to repeatedly watch the love of his life love someone else. And yet, hope remains alive within him and us, as this thread celebrates the endless, passionate and unrequited love Stiles Stilinski has for Lydia Martin.

“I credit the actors with making that scene great. Um, I can’t remember what I said to them but I think it was “be surprised at what happened” and both Dylan and Holland brought it to a different level. That’s one of the great things about actors and being collaborative with actors is they’ll sometimes tell you as a writer where to take the story and seeing those sparks happen, they are good together - aren't they? We’re definitely gonna be exploring the complexities of their relationship. I always like to say that Stiles and Lydia, it was just a crush - a boy having a crush on a girl, complete objectification of a girl who is the prettiest girl in the school. He was in love with her. But he reveals later in the first season that he knows a lot about her and that he knows that she’s smart and he knows that she’s gonna go off and win some Nobel Prize and she tells him it’s gonna actually be the mathematics medal. The Fields Medal. So you know Stiles’s feelings are real but he has to learn to be an adult as well. He has to learn what adult love is like and that’s not necessarily seeing her for just her beauty. Seeing her for her power, seeing her as someone who can help save the lives when necessary - not as a damsel in distress and just someone to be protected.”
Jeff Davis on Stydia when asked “I definitely saw that Lydia didn’t expect that connection that she felt when she kissed Stiles so is that relationship something we’re gonna get to explore more in 3B?" - AfterBuzz TV Podcast (55:26) x

Supporters.
1. Chasing Fireflies
2. Karma Police
3. dream once more
4. light me up
5. GrangerDanger
6. mrmarkus01
7. naturellebella
8. NOLA504
9. Falling.For.You
10. KeepThisaSecret
11. Neda16
12. SkateGirl88
13. DUHsoTK
14. ciaBrysh
15. AlwaysCB
16. Lexipedia
17. Stay to the Lights
18. tee_ph
19. hlgreenie
20. hiddleskittlesღ
21. Sixon_Love
22. Endless Obsession ♥
23. annad13
24. jasmineflower27
25. KatherineFierce
26. LuvinJames23
27. LittleDevotional
28. nj2013
29. heimweh
30. only dreaming
31. Nekoshoujo
32. Elena_1716
33. TrishaLyn17
34. creativesouls
35. heartlines
36. Alexa
37. ripe to fall
38. rrr222
39. Kary1591
40. pixiestyx
41. ssbailey
42. falls from the skies
43. Clear
44. CallistaHogan
45. YellowRose
46. winchesterboyz
47. Zizi718
48. LittleDreamer~
49. tsforever
50. quietshyone
51. kristy_spb
52. memory91
53. tvnerd23
54. HaveYouEver
55. Nilicat
56. {Melody}
57. xlennie
58. Giuly
59. WonderlandGabby
60. TylaForever
61. B.Chambers
62. *Stephie*
63. safetywords
64. aikakone
65. ★ darling, just hold on ★
66. hannahfan
67. quin611
68. | Sofia |
69. DiBye23
70. milistm
71. IriSka
72. Addiction
73. sydbristow
74. Si_Crazy
75. Iquitefancyyou
76. egbert13
77. tessa21
78. SimplyLove101
79. IsaMaciel
80. CClar832
81. CandicePmb
82. SassySarah
83. raphi1860
84. Joce Paradox
85. Katja82
86. sourburst
87. ceecee11
88. falling slowly 09
89. OnlyOneThatMakesMeSing
90. baelfire24
91. how forever feels
92. Stars Fade
93. endless forms
94. xburningbrightx
95. Asleep
96. Mahak
97. royalღcaliber
98. **confessa
99. chaha khan
100. iamnotwalkingaway
101. DuVe2LoVe
102. agy11
103. Erika_Weasley
104. Erica001
105. AddictedtoLove
106. broken melody
107. Heidsdk
108. Undercover
109. andbreatheme
110. ++Audrina++
111. Boyfriend & Prettygirl <3
112. Cindy ღ
113. Stile's#1fan|TeenWolf
114. girl under the floor

Previous Threads.
01. 02. 03. 04. 05. 06. 07. 08. 09. 10
11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20
21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30
31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40.
41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46.
♥ ♥ ♥

The Videos.
001. |002. | 003. |004. |005. |
006. | 007. | 008. | 009. |010. |
011. |012. | 013. | 014. | 015. |
016. | 017. | 018. | 019. | 020. |
021. | 022. |023 |
♥ ♥ ♥

The Fanfiction.
001. | 002. | 003. | 004. | 005. |
006 | 007. | 008. | 009. | 010. |
011. | 012. | 013. | 014. |
♥ ♥ ♥

The Links.
S/L tumblr | S/L Couples thread | All S/L scenes
♥ ♥ ♥

Don't expect to see Stiles (Dylan O'Brien) totally get over Lydia (Holland Roden) now that she's professed her epic, Kanima-curse-breaking love for Jackson. "He might have to step back a little and be a bit more of an observer, but things move very fast in the world of 'Teen Wolf,' so we'll see," Davis tells us. Those powerful moments between Stiles and Lydia will have lasting impact. In fact, the writers had originally intended for Erica to be Stiles' new love interest, but they course-corrected in favor of more Stiles/Lydia moments this season.

We felt it out in terms of the story. We knew that we wanted the scene at the end of 11 where Stiles is on the field and Lydia is finally the one cheering for him," Davis tells us. "It felt like that was a better moment to build to than the possibility of Stiles and Erica. You start to see which actors have the best chemistry with each other, and we felt like Gage had more chemistry with other characters, including Sinqua, actually, so to see them holding hands in one of the last episodes felt more right to me." [x]

++++

Future Titles.
→ "I think Lydia would be the primary love interest for Stiles always."
→ "Because I think you look really beautiful when you cry"
→ "She picks Stiles to lean on" Holland Roden
→ "I think they have amazing chemistry together. I can see that happening." -Jeff Davis
→ "What the hell is a Stiles?" Your future husband, Lydia.
→ "She has the potential to fall in love with him"
→ "Don't frown Lydia. Someone could be falling in love with your smile." - Allison Argent
→ "Need to talk. Just you."
→ "Sometimes there’s other things that you think wouldn’t be a good combination, end up turning out to be like a perfect combination."
→ "I think she's definitely the closest to Stiles this season..." - Holland
→ "He obviously still loves her and cares about her like that…’ Dylan
→ “He kinda just lives to protect those that he loves.” - Dylan
→ "I started referring to them as the David and Maddie of Teen Wolf." - Jeff Davis
→ "He is taken with Lydia. He loves Lydia."- Dylan O'brien
→ "Come find me"
→ "He has to be here"
→ "When I kissed you, you held your breath"
→ "Don't start doubting yourself now"
→ It needs to be someone who can pull you back
→ "I've had a crush on you since the third grade"
→ "I just wanted to make sure you were okay"
→ "That's where he is, that's where stiles is"
→ "Stiles’s feelings are real" - Jeff Davis
→ "they share a deep connection." - Dylan
→ "He saved my life mom. Stiles saved me."
→ "It will be impossible to go back to being just friends after this."
→ "Stiles and Lydia's relationship has been a constant strength of the show."
→ #TeenWolf's #HollandRoden tells us #Stydia fans will really like season 6 ...
→ "The gang will unveil an exclusive first-look Season 6 trailer (!!!), dish on upcoming storylines (more Stydia perhaps?) and answer audience questions.
→ "Season 6 focus on their relationship [Stydia] and on Stiles. " - Holland Roden
→"They’re not only lingering feelings — they become a focus, a focal point of the next season."
→"Something big happens in the very first episode of Season 6 between Stiles and Lydia, which you’ll have to tune in to see."
→"I love Stiles and Lydia's relationship particularly for the fact that we're trying to tell a story of a boyhood crush turning into possibly adult love." - JD
→"Those powerful moments between Stiles and Lydia will have lasting impact." - JD
→"They are good together - aren't they?" - JD
→"He has literally set his sights on Lydia when he was eight years old and his love has only grown since." - Dylan
→"You can figure it out, Stiles. You’re the one who always figures it out." - Lydia
→"You have been right every time something like this has happened. So don’t start doubting yourself now." - Stiles
→"The major central relationship of the season is somewhere else, with Lydia and a particular other person..." - Holland
→"You're gonna forget me." "I won't"
→"I'm not leaving you!"
→"Remember you were the first girl I ever danced with"
→"Remember I love you."
→"Lydia you are so smart I could kiss you right now!"
→"Remember how you saved my life" - "You saved my life too"

xxxx

"I love Stiles and Lydia's relationship particularly for the fact that we're trying to tell a story of a boyhood crush turning into possibly adult love. Stiles must see Lydia as more than just a beautiful girl before he could actually love her and Lydia has to see Stiles as more than just a kid chasing after her. It's interesting to try to craft growing, maturing relationships." [x] - Jeff Davis

Scene of the Moment.

+++

"They’re not only lingering feelings — they become a focus, a focal point of the next season. Something big happens in the very first episode of Season 6 between Stiles and Lydia, which you’ll have to tune in to see."[x] - Jeff Davis

Last edited by You can't kill me!; 10-04-2017 at 08:24 PM
Old 10-02-2017, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

tftnt! btw I requested that header last week on the fan art board, it's so pretty
Old 10-02-2017, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT! The OP is so gorgeous! and I love the title
Old 10-02-2017, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 10-02-2017, 06:16 PM
Loyal Fan

yay! more videos!
Old 10-02-2017, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT! I wish these two could have gotten more in the finale.
Quote:
TVLINE | There were so many relationships to honor, Stiles and Lydia being one of them. Was it difficult writing those scenes? Expectations were high.
There are definitely certain things the fans want to see, so it was very difficult, yes.
‘Teen Wolf’ Series Finale Ending Explained — Jeff Davis Interview | TVLine

I feel like expectations were "so high" that he decided to not even try or something. Unless all the Stiles and Lydia scenes were left on the cutting room floor or something.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 10-03-2017, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome

The banner is very pretty

^ I don't even know if they cut all that much of Stydia.. I feel like Jeff just didn't even bother
Old 10-03-2017, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

When I kissed him, that’s when it all changed. (X)
Old 10-03-2017, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

That gifset is gorgeous
Old 10-04-2017, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 10-04-2017, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

That video is amazing Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

no problem

Old 10-04-2017, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

That video is so long Is there another video out there like that, I swear I have watched a similar one to that for Stydia
Old 10-05-2017, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^There is, but I don't think it has all the seasons on it. So that's probably an updated one?

Either way great videos!
Old 10-05-2017, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

TFTNT!

LOVE THE HEADER!

Love the videos and gifs. I am becoming more and more okay with the finale as time goes on. It is what it is.

I wonder if we have any deleted scenes but I wouldnt bet on it.