Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2013, 07:13 AM
Supreme Fan

I loved the background music during Barry's scenes also. It gave me a little bit of a Harry Potter vibe.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hmmmmm.... Maybe that's why i like it so much, the harry potter vibe
Either way the cliffhanger at the end of the episode

I really wish i had a tardis help to time travel to next week!!!!!!
How long is the break????????
Old 12-05-2013, 07:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah Oliver is a very subtle character. And those 5 years on the island must have taught him even more to keep things to himself in order to survive. He hasn't been exactly relaxed for a long time to realize his feelings! :-)
Old 12-05-2013, 07:38 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the new thread!

it makes me sad when i see people calling Oliver/Felicity fan pandering. To me fan pandering is something that happened out of the blue, and thats definitely not Oliver/Felicity. They've been there since episode 3.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 12-05-2013, 07:44 AM
Supreme Fan

In addition to the subtlety that he displays, I wonder if the thing that's holding him back from Felicity, emotionally, is partly due to the ramifications of the Slade / Shado / Oliver triangle. Slade admitted his feelings to Shado, and we know Oliver liked her. So, if at some point, Slade and Oliver had a fallout over her, then that would explain why Barry's presence feels like an intrusion to Oliver. Especially in the upcoming episode, if Oliver sees what Felicity did as betrayal, then he maybe relating this to his previous island experience. And if we find out that Shado didn't survive, then that justifies Oliver being so closed off from people even more.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideMyHeart (View Post)
thanks for the new thread!

it makes me sad when i see people calling Oliver/Felicity fan pandering. To me fan pandering is something that happened out of the blue, and thats definitely not Oliver/Felicity. They've been there since episode 3.
Don't let it

We all know which couple blew writers and producers away since Day one. Heck the WB president even called and was like 'I like the blonde IT girl'

The show was supposed go one way, but it obviously wasn't working e.g. Oliver/Laurel/Tommy triangle and that was killed along with Tommy at the end of s1. And now it's going another. Not to be rude but this is the 2nd episode Laurel, Katie Cassidy a main character hasn't been included in, the Flash episode no less.

I think Olicity has a bright future! It's a slow burn that will take down a whole forest! Cos why rush perfection?

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 12-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Master Fan

It's not fan pandering. The producers and writers fell in love with Emily and upped her screentime before the fans got vocal about her. So it wasn't the fans that got Emily her regular status and her place by Oliver's side, it was the writers.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:33 AM
New Fan

The episode was pretty good, for me, of course I would've enjoyed a more evident jealousy from Oliver, but I pondered about it a lot, and realized there are so many obvious reasons it was not so showy:

- the writers are giving (hopefully) us a slow burn, I think we'll have to wait one or two more seasons to get a serious relationship between Oliver and Felicity
- Oliver couldn't obviously go on full jealousy mode after giving her the infamous "after Russia" speech to her just two episodes ago
- Stephen plays Oliver in such a stoic way it really was hard to tell apart jealousy from possessiveness
- so soon after the "after Russia speech" ( again) , probably Oliver doesn't feel like he has the right to go against what he told her so little time ago , in fact he then invited Bary to the party for her ( that really bothered me )

Anyway, nobody can deny that something happened, it was there , in Oliver's face, so I'm pretty satisfied the same.
Really , before joining this board , I did a little research for fun in the net , Olicity has such a great success, such a large following, IMO the producers and the writers have to know that is the more rewarding path for the series , and they'll use the tension, the slow burn, to their advantage ( as in every other show). Besides , as a die hard Delena my self, I'm not disappointed, the waiting is terrible, yeah, but delicious.
Oh, almost forgot one thing : Holy cow Felicity was super beautiful at the party ! Why, oh why Oliver couldn't have said something ? Like " You're beautiful tonight" for example, that would have been sooo good !

Last edited by DanyWestQ; 12-05-2013 at 08:35 AM Reason: Edited due mispelling Stephen's name
Old 12-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

TFTNT!

ANTHFAN
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-50,NJH D-150 OSW D-176, J-Hope D-177, Jinyoung-D-198 JK-D-415

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-28 LDH D-386
Old 12-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyWestQ (View Post)
probably Oliver doesn't feel like he has the right to go against what he told her so little time ago , in fact he then invited Bary to the party for her ( that really bothered me )
I saw it more as if you really love someone you want them to be happy. Oliver feels he can't be with her right now, but he doesn't want her to be alone waiting for him. He wants her to be happy right now even if it's not with him.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by k731 (View Post)
I loved the background music during Barry's scenes also. It gave me a little bit of a Harry Potter vibe.
It was very super hero like music. I loved it!

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 12-05-2013, 09:50 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
I saw it more as if you really love someone you want them to be happy. Oliver feels he can't be with her right now, but he doesn't want her to be alone waiting for him. He wants her to be happy right now even if it's not with him.
I have to admit , it makes more sense from your point of view.
And he also gave them his back, when they were going to dance , and went straight to the bar , for a shot of something . He probably was hurting, but so unselfish.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

“How about a kiss, saumensch

Oliver looks in the four gif! .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-50,NJH D-150 OSW D-176, J-Hope D-177, Jinyoung-D-198 JK-D-415

Old 12-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Oliver in the 4th gif was good.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

(Fab)ous.(fab)oulous — So when I saw this scene my thoughts were like.. ...

Closed Thread   Post New Thread