Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~lipstick (View Post)
I really REALLY hope this means he'll be working a possible romance down the line. I wonder why he'd want more people shipping them though (as if everybody doesn't ship Olicity already ). I'm curious and scared at the same time because I don't want them to simply have fun with Olicity until it's time for Laurel and Oliver to be together forever ( )

Either Olicity is a thing or it's not, IMO.
I don't know how I should feel about Guggenheim's tweets and interviews. I'm happy he acknowledges Olicity so much and seem to realize they're really popular among the fans, but at the same time like you, I hope he's not just toying with us and there's actually a possibility of them getting together/Laurel & Oliver are not set in stone anymore.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I really REALLY hope this means he'll be working a possible romance down the line. I wonder why he'd want more people shipping them though (as if everybody doesn't ship Olicity already ). I'm curious and scared at the same time because I don't want them to simply have fun with Olicity until it's time for Laurel and Oliver to be together forever ( )

Either Olicity is a thing or it's not, IMO.
Mhhmm... not sure about that. Olicity might be a thing maybe for the writers in terms of a friendship and what not. So in that way that way it is a thing.

But maybe they don't plan on a romance right now? I don't know. But I think to the writers there might be different levels of them being a "thing"
Old 05-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

I've learned from many ships that failed to sail that there's no point in listening to anything anyone has to say unless it's said on the show.

So I don't take much stock in any tweets, etc. They're fun to read but that's pretty much it.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Master Fan

That's my point. At many moments I feel like I'm just being led on and I don't appreciate it. It's hard not to enjoy the scenes and tweets and teases, but it's difficult not to be mad when you think about the real reason. If he's doing it just to get more fans and use Olicity's popularity to push the show higher he will only have many more angry and unsatisfied fans.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

For me, it's a business ultimately. They're just doing whatever they can to sell their show to us and get us to watch. It's just advertising.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Master Fan

CW does have a hand tho, and a lot. They usually push to what's more popular (as you can see in basically all of their shows).

I don't know, I'd like to think that they are smart enough to know what to use and discard. Clearly Laurel/Oliver wasn't working, along with other things, that's why the show now feels so much more different from the beginning.

I guess it's a wait and see but it's the in between that sets me on edge lol I just don't want to see Olicity ruined for any reason at all.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
CW does have a hand tho, and a lot. They usually push to what's more popular (as you can see in basically all of their shows).

I don't know, I'd like to think that they are smart enough to know what to use and discard. Clearly Laurel/Oliver wasn't working, along with other things, that's why the show now feels so much more different from the beginning.

I guess it's a wait and see but it's the in between that sets me on edge lol I just don't want to see Olicity ruined for any reason at all.
I'm the same way. Its great that the majority of people people connected to the show are shipping it with all the tweets but at the same time it could just be a ploy to get people to tune in like you said. To be honest, if the producers have no intention of having Olicity be endgame, then I would rather they leave them as a great friendship rather than ruin them
Old 05-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread.. I'd rather they stay as friends at all.. They should become BFFs-- like Emily and Colton

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 05-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

If they do every get together romantically (even if only briefly) - I can see it taking seasons and seasons - like Sam and Diane from Cheers lol - or Mulder and Scully. The tension is the fun part.

And of course the mission that they go on together which will force them to act and make out in order to be convincing lol.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Excited for the episode.It air in a few minutes here and I hope we have many great scenes
Old 05-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I had an idea for a fanfic that involves tonight's episode. Finally a way to write smut and make it believable
I love the fanfics on this fandom but there isn't enough smut

As for if they plan on doing Olicity or not, and the twitts from Guggenhaim, I don't know, I like to think they're being serious about Olicity and is not just a game or a way to get more viewers and promote the show, I mean at the end of the day they will have tons and tons of angry fans if they're just playing us, if they're smart they will use the ship and make it happen and not shove down in our throats a romance that is cold as fish.
~

Last edited by nancye_2000; 05-08-2013 at 04:28 PM
Old 05-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Master Fan

All I know is, even if for whatever reason (which I doubt) this is just fun and games for the producers etc, it can only go on for so long. People aren't going to stick around for lies, they'll loose interest. And not to get too ahead of myself or anything, this is the CW if Olicity is the overwhelming majority, Olicity is what we will get. It's just how that station works.

"I love you. Do you understand?""
Old 05-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow what a title. lol and the episode just started!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I'm watching it!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love Felicity mentioned she got to play Doctor with Oliver, she just says things wrong. lol
Closed Thread   Post New Thread