Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Graphics Team Manager

None of the new shows are strong contenders for me, but I have a couple for various reasons which I'd like to look into to see what they're like.

- Arrow (for Katie Cassidy)
- Malibu Country (for Lily Tomlin mainly)
- Chicago Fire (for Jesse Spencer, & because it's produced by Dick Wolf)
- Nashville (for country music)
- Mistresses (maybe, for Alyssa Milano. But since it's based on a UK show of the same name I'm a little reluctant to watch even if I didn't watch the original)
- Beauty & the Beast (it looks like it might be ok, so maybe)
- 666 Park Avenue (it looks like it might be ok, so maybe)

Wow that's more than I thought. But most of them I don't know how long I'd stick with them as most don't have a strong draw card to pull me in. Then I also don't think many of them will actually air here so that will change things too . The first 3 are the only ones I know I will watch (providing Chicago Fire gets picked up here, I already know Malibu Country is meant to be).

Current Shows;
- NCIS
- Once Upon a Time
- Gossip Girl
- Smash
- Hart of Dixie
- Law & Order: SVU

Right now I'm watching GCB & Melrose Place which are both airing here (yeah we're a bit behind to only just be getting MP now atm. But since they only have the one season not really worth adding to the above list.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hate they cancelled MP.. Katie was so great in it..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 08-22-2012, 10:50 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah it seems to be a good show from what I've seen (especially Katie in it). So it is a shame. I'm glad a channel here finally got around to airing it despite it being cancelled though
Old 08-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Elite Fan

Ever since I watched that CW twenty minute sneak peek, I'm looking forward to all the new shows. They're not blowing me away but I think any one of them could surprise us.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 08-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didnt really pay any attention to the new shows for the CW

Old 08-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheali (View Post)
Yeah it seems to be a good show from what I've seen (especially Katie in it). So it is a shame. I'm glad a channel here finally got around to airing it despite it being cancelled though
I think it was so much better than 90210..

Watching another episode of Fringe

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 08-23-2012, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

what ep are you on Fringe?

Old 08-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Elite Fan

I thought Melrose was good but it was too clean cut plus Katie was the only charismatic lead.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 08-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm on episode 10 of season 2 now

I loved to see all those old MP characters come back )

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 08-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

-Been watching - charlie's Angels, (done), Person of interest (catching up, ongoing), Justice league unlimited (rewatching/finishing up/)
-Will be watching (upcoming season) - Person of Interest, NFL, EPL, Young Justice
Taking a one shot at - American Horror story (season 1 was cool and fresh, not sure about this season), Emily Owens MD. if I like the premieres, (or at most 3 episodes ) will stick around

Last edited by Honeycutt; 08-23-2012 at 03:27 PM
Old 08-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I never watched the original MP or 90210 (or any other show from that franchise including the original of that), so just going from it I thought it was pretty good. Sure there are better shows, but there's also a lot worse out there which get to continue

Which Charlie's Angels did you watch Honeycutt? I never watched the new one as I found the movies weren't like the original so I didn't want to try seeing how badly they remade it (as I predicted/presumed it would be bad) as I loved the original series (well what I saw of it). I think I may have also been watching something else when it was on here too, but can't remember. I know my mother hated the remake as she did try it out & she did love the original series. It just wasn't the same, & they were getting things wrong/changing things.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
I hate they cancelled MP.. Katie was so great in it..
yeah! I really loved it!! and I wanted Ella to hook up with David? Was that his name the blonde one I don't remember
Old 08-24-2012, 01:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Which Charlie's Angels did you watch Honeycutt? I never watched the new one as I found the movies weren't like the original so I didn't want to try seeing how badly they remade it (as I predicted/presumed it would be bad) as I loved the original series (well what I saw of it).

Never watched the original, I never even knew there was an original TV show, I used to think CA started from movies. So yeah I have been watching the short lived one (remake, 2011). Having smallville creators and Annie Ilonzeh sort of gave me an incentive to check it out., Rachel taylor was #cool. Its not great, but not too bad IMO. I cant really compare with original so I dunno, going by what most fans have been saying it pales, still kind of liked it anyway and would have watched. After that I will likely re/watch the movies , have forgotten how they were. Maybe if time allows one day, I will catch up on the the original too.

Last edited by Honeycutt; 08-24-2012 at 01:21 AM
Old 08-24-2012, 02:58 AM
Graphics Team Manager

It was about 5 seasons long I think, so it might take a bit to be able to catch up on the original series. But I think S1 of that was the best, so even if you could just find time to check out that & compare. But glad you enjoyed the remake, it's good to hear that someone did enjoy it & didn't know the original show . That makes it sound like it could have been a good, or at least ok, show
Quote:
Originally Posted by JensensGurl07 (View Post)
yeah! I really loved it!! and I wanted Ella to hook up with David? Was that his name the blonde one I don't remember
If it was the son of a previous MP character, then yeah it was David . They do seem to have something going on which makes me want that to happen too, at least atm anyway . I can't believe I've only seen 4 episodes, it feels like more
Old 08-24-2012, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensensGurl07 (View Post)

Yes that was his name.. I wasn't 100% sure whom to ship.. But I liked David an Ella a bit better.. Specially the new guy in the end I liked

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top