Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2013, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

1x20 Home Invasion: Episode Dicussion

home invasion
1x20 - episode discussion

DEADSHOT (GUEST STAR MICHAEL ROWE)
FIRES OFF A NEW ROUND IN STARLING CITY

Deadshot (guest star Michael Rowe) returns to Starling City after taking down a U.S. Ambassador and six others overseas. By keeping tabs on A.R.G.U.S.’s manhunt for the assassin, Oliver (Stephen Amell), Diggle (David Ramsey), and Felicity (guest star Emily Bett Rickards) learn that a sting operation is underway to capture Deadshot – alive. Diggle is determined to see his brother’s killer dead, with or without Ollie’s help. Meanwhile, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) takes drastic steps to protect a young witness, exacerbating friction between Tommy (Colin Donnell) and Oliver. Later, Roy Harper (guest star Colton Haynes) unconventionally pursues all leads to find his new hero, but runs afoul of Detective Lance (Paul Blackthorne). Back on the island, Oliver recalls how Shado (guest star Celina Jade) helped him incrementally gain confidence with a bow and hit the target for the first time.

Willa Holland and Susanna Thompson also star. Manu Bennett, Byron Mann and Audrey Marie Anderson guest star. Ken Fink directed the episode written by Ben Sokolowski & Beth Schwartz (#120).

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Currently watching (dvr delay) and I want to give Tommy credit for suggesting Oliver's place. He doesn't want to even interact with Oliver, and jealousy is likely to be a factor, but he really did put their safety first and behave in a reasonable, rational fashion.

Also, not sure what Roy is up to with the walkie-stealing. Emulating the vigilante, maybe?
Liriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Overall I really enjoyed this episode. I loved J August Richards in this episode, I guess I just loved seeing him because I liked the Actor... he played a good villain.

I got to say kudos to the action in this episode, it was just tremendous, as always.

I guess the Island was changing Oliver, he couldn't be with another girl but when he could cheat on her with her sister with Laurel was actually around.
I can't get behind Oliver/Laurel at all.... but a nice development I guess in this episode.

Roy & Thea were good in this episode, even with Roy still having his thief problems.

I loved Tommy in this one, and felt bad for Diggle in this episode.
Diggle is there when Oliver needs him the most but Oliver isn't there for Diggle. I could understand Diggle being a little pissed off, and poor Felicity got to be in the middle of that, although I think she was sidding with Diggle...

I felt sad for Tommy in this episode, he realizes that Oliver still loves Laurel and he believes even if Laurel found out his secret, she's still choose him. I think
I'm so happy that Tommy broke up with Laurel, I just don't believe that she feels the same commitment to the relationship that he does, she still loves Oliver and he shouldn't be second best to anyone. It's sad that he broke it off and looked like the bad guy. You can really tell how grown up he is.

The end, I love Diggle & Oliver relationship but I fully support & commend Diggle for walking out of that door in this episode. This was so important to Diggle to get Deadshot and Oliver wasn't there.

The ending was awesome! I just loved this episode, can't wait for the next one.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thoughts about the episode:
I agree with eternal fate about Tommy being the grown up. He's is making all the unselfish decisions here. He's the one that looks like an insensitive clod, and he does it. For Laurel's sake and for Oliver's (who he is having issues with) and yes, for himself, too, for his own sense of worth and respect.

I guess Moira's going sugar-free didn't take.

We have a firm-ish count on how many the vigilante has killed. With some margin for error for the ones he didn't kill with arrows.

I really, enjoyed Thea's saying she and Roy would find the vigilante together. But he means the world to her?! How long have they known each other now?

I totally get why Diggle walked out that door, too. I can understand his anger and resentment. I couldn't really fault Oliver for choosing Laurel in general (that's what love is, and he should choose her if they were actually in a relationship), but, as Diggle said, as far as they knew, the boy was safe. Of course, we know the boy actually wasn't safe, given what eventually happened, but that's a completely separate thing.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Extreme Fan

I am so over the flashbacks to the island. LOL. I know Stephen has said he enjoys doing them, but I just don't care how he got to be The Hood. I'd much rather they stay in the present day.

I did enjoy the episode but there wasn't nearly enough Felicity for me tonight.

I want to hug Tommy so much....and then smack him in the head. If he loves Laurel....truly LOVES her, he'll fight for her. I've thought that is one reason Oliver hasn't put up much of a fight. Yes, he says it's because of his "life" but I just don't see the love between them that I do between Tommy and Laurel. Tommy needs to stop playing the martyr and fight for the woman he loves!!

I understand why Diggle walked out, but IMO Oliver is doing the best that he can with what he's doing. There are always going to be decisions to make, and I'm not saying Oliver made the right one tonight, but at the end of the day they are still Oliver's decisions to make. For Diggle to think he should be able to make those decisions for Oliver isn't right.

Anyway, great episode, as always. Looking for to The Undertaking next week and seeing more Felicity on my screen!!
Old 04-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liriel (View Post)
Thoughts about the episode:
I agree with eternal fate about Tommy being the grown up. He's is making all the unselfish decisions here. He's the one that looks like an insensitive clod, and he does it. For Laurel's sake and for Oliver's (who he is having issues with) and yes, for himself, too, for his own sense of worth and respect.

I totally get why Diggle walked out that door, too. I can understand his anger and resentment. I couldn't really fault Oliver for choosing Laurel in general (that's what love is, and he should choose her if they were actually in a relationship), but, as Diggle said, as far as they knew, the boy was safe. Of course, we know the boy actually wasn't safe, given what eventually happened, but that's a completely separate thing.

I respected both Tommy & Diggle so much in this episode. Tommy having his self respect to not be with someone as the second best. He was second best earlier this season when she would see Green Arrow over him. So if Laurel actually did find out about Oliver secret identity , no doubt she'd choose Oliver over Tommy, so I commend Tommy for not even going deeper in this relationship, even though he already loves her.

John Diggle, I respect him for not waiting for more times for Oliver to choose someone over him and leaving. Just last episode Diggle was there when Oliver needed him, but in tonight's episode. Where is Oliver.... I'm with Diggle and loved him for holding ground and leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southrnbygrace (View Post)

I want to hug Tommy so much....and then smack him in the head. If he loves Laurel....truly LOVES her, he'll fight for her. I've thought that is one reason Oliver hasn't put up much of a fight. Yes, he says it's because of his "life" but I just don't see the love between them that I do between Tommy and Laurel. Tommy needs to stop pla
Tommy was smart, not staying by and being the 3rd wheel. That's obviously what will eventually happen. We all now Oliver & Laurel will grow closer together again, I'm just proud that Tommy had the self respect to not just stay back and watch it, and get out of the relationship early.
I mean Laurel quickly forgave Oliver for sleeping with her sister, it doesn't grow much deeper than that. lol
We all know Oliver & Laurel will continue to grow closer together and the history that they have so I just commend Tommy so much for leaving. I felt bad for Tommy during the whole situation.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I am so over the flashbacks to the island. LOL. I know Stephen has said he enjoys doing them, but I just don't care how he got to be The Hood. I'd much rather they stay in the present day.
I'm not the only one?! It's amazing. It's wonderful. Everyone else seems to love the island. I'm just bored of it. I was bored of it during the first episode, and my feelings haven't changed since. Unfortunately, we're supposed to have five years of flashbacks, aren't we?

Quote:
If he loves Laurel....truly LOVES her, he'll fight for her.
I can't really agree with that. You can't make someone love you. And he (correctly, IMO) believes if Laurel knew the full truth about things, she wouldn't choose him. It's not even fair to himself to stay around as #2. Like Martha in Doctor Who, he needs to let go and move on. I hope their breakup being the way it was doesn't mean they can't be friends again soon, but I'd think things would be rough for a bit.

Quote:
There are always going to be decisions to make, and I'm not saying Oliver made the right one tonight, but at the end of the day they are still Oliver's decisions to make. For Diggle to think he should be able to make those decisions for Oliver isn't right.
True, to a degree. My biggest problem is probably that he didn't tell Digg that plans had change. He has a cellphone, he could have called. That's just inconsiderate, and not at all treating Digg like a partner.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Roy & Thea were good in this episode, even with Roy still having his thief problems.
I don't have a problem with this because he isn't going to change overnight. It will be gradual so it'll be nice to see, specially because his skills will be useful in the future.

Quote:
The end, I love Diggle & Oliver relationship but I fully support & commend Diggle for walking out of that door in this episode.
Absolutely. I think it's time Oliver realizes people arent going to kiss the ground he walks on and he can lose them if he doesn't work for it. First Felicity making it clear she won't stick around if she doesn't like what she's seeing (which forced Oliver to compromise), and now Diggle. He SHOULD walk and Oliver should apologise.

Quote:
I understand why Diggle walked out, but IMO Oliver is doing the best that he can with what he's doing. There are always going to be decisions to make, and I'm not saying Oliver made the right one tonight, but at the end of the day they are still Oliver's decisions to make. For Diggle to think he should be able to make those decisions for Oliver isn't right.
Yes, it's his decision to make but it was pretty clear WHY he made that decision, and THAT isn't right. Diggle could have died. He was in IMMEDIATE danger. Oliver chose to follow his pants instead of being reliable to a person who's been there forhim in his most difficult moments.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Oliver chose to follow his pants instead of being reliable to a person who's been there forhim in his most difficult moments.
That's not fair, IMO - it was not lust motivating Oliver.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
True, to a degree. My biggest problem is probably that he didn't tell Digg that plans had change. He has a cellphone, he could have called. That's just inconsiderate, and not at all treating Digg like a partner.
I completely agree with you there. He should have told Diggle or at the very least had Felicity tell him.

I know everyone thinks the only reason Oliver made his choice was Laurel....but I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe he would have made the same choice for any 7 year old that just lost both his parents. Bringing their killer (or the man who hired him) to justice was his priority.....Laurel was involved though so it's natural to assume he did it because of her. And I'm sure that did factor into it.

Quote:
I can't really agree with that. You can't make someone love you.
I don't think Tommy is trying to make Laurel love him. She clearly does IMO. BUT I also believe the "what if"s of Oliver and Laurel need to be dealt with first. I just think he's taking the cowards way out by leaving her and not even trying to keep their relationship alive.

I never could get into Dr Who so I have no idea who Martha is. LOL....sorry.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Master Fan

I am really disappointed in Oliver. He should have backed Diggle up. Ugh Diggle was totally justified in being mad at him.

Loved Tommy and Diggle in this ep. Not that happy with Oliver, but Felicity and Olicity remain flawless and were great.

Roy and thea are cute.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by southrnbygrace (View Post)

I don't think Tommy is trying to make Laurel love him. She clearly does IMO. BUT I also believe the "what if"s of Oliver and Laurel need to be dealt with first. I just think he's taking the cowards way out by leaving her and not even trying to keep their relationship alive.

I never could get into Dr Who so I have no idea who Martha is. LOL....sorry.
I haven't seen the love that Laurel had for Tommy until the break up scene though, it always seem like Tommy was the one showing more love... even while they were kind of in a relationship, didn't she kiss Oliver? in one of the early episodes. So yes Tommy is on point that she would choose him, and I'm just happy he's not going to wait around for that to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liriel (View Post)
I can't really agree with that. You can't make someone love you. And he (correctly, IMO) believes if Laurel knew the full truth about things, she wouldn't choose him. It's not even fair to himself to stay around as #2. Like Martha in Doctor Who, he needs to let go and move on. I hope their breakup being the way it was doesn't mean they can't be friends again soon, but I'd think things would be rough for a bit.

I agree with that, even if Laurel loves Tommy to some degree. Everyone knows she loves Oliver more, we all know they will grow even closer together, so I'm happy Tommy just isn't going to sit down to wait for that day. I like how he ended things now.

100% with you on that, if he was going to change plans he could have at least told Diggle, like Diggle could have died and his 'partner' was there for him, just last episode Oliver was in the same situation, about to die and Diggle was the one to save him. So Oliver can't expect Diggle to treat him like a partner, but he won't do that same.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

I too have seen enough Island flashbacks. Tommy and Diggle were the stars of the show for me today. Tommy's scenes with the little boy and Laurel were so moving and Diggle telling Oliver he was done was spot on, Oliver promised he would back him up and he left him hanging. Wonder how Oliver will get Diggle back onside?

I didn't like the way Oliver told Tommy that he picked Laurel up for a lunch date, it was as though he was out to hurt Tommy but revealing something he didn't already know. She was Tommy's girlfriend after all.

Has it been explained yet why Slade wasn't rescued from the Island along with Oliver? I recall Oliver on the beach, but where was Slade? Did I miss something?
Old 04-25-2013, 03:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellaz (View Post)
Has it been explained yet why Slade wasn't rescued from the Island along with Oliver? I recall Oliver on the beach, but where was Slade? Did I miss something?
Not explained. Right now I'm thinking the others got off the island before Oliver did. Maybe Slade became a mercenary. Maybe when the mercenaries left (or were destroyed) they took Slade (as an asset) but thought Oliver was dead. Maybe a second party showed up and Slade went to work for them, abandoning Oliver. I really don't know. Plus there's the whole arguement on whether or not Oliver was there all five years. Most people seem to say "no" because of the bratva thing and his comment about the message from his father. I'm more inclined to say "yes" because the voice-over said he was on the island for five years, and I think lying to the audience in the voiceover is cheaty storytelling.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

What an episode...

Laurel gives me Lois feelings.. She's so sure the Hood wouldn't let anything happen to her

Tommy.. what a poor guy.. and now everythign's set for a bad season finale.. I'm really scared about that now..

Ollie.. I totally understood he went after Laurel.. better said he decided to go after that guy...
I totally understand Diggle being angry.. But in the end if he'd been in Ollie's sheoes, he'd done the same thing

Roy and Thea... so adorable..
Roy meanign the world to Thea.. a bit fast.. but okay.. sweet

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread