Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

honestly, it doesn't matter to me. She was responsible for approx. 3 deaths, and having Oliver be somewhat stuck on that island. Not to mention she probably did several stuff that wasn't necessary lawful.

She even kidnapped her own son. Supposedly in the name of love. Not to mention working with Malcolm, and possibly other members of their group. She has probably broken the law several times.

So if he is blinded by his love for her, and she doesn't pay in some fashion. That would seem hypocritical on Oliver's part.

warangel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Still I want to know the whole story.. because I don't want to judge on only the half story.. And I definitely don't want Ollie to judge her because of half the story. Because this is when errors happen

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Elite Fan

I agree. I still want to know her story. I'm sure she has made a lot of awful things but I have a feeling there's more to Moira's story and Malcolm as well.

This episode was really good. It was nice to see Diggle doing his own thing and spying on Moira.

I felt really bad for Oliver because it was hard for him to accept his mother is just as shady as everyone else.

And David Anders was awesome. I just hope he returns this season or the next one. It would be great to see The Count, China White & Cyrus Vanch working together.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

a person can't "water down" a crime. They either did it or they didn't, regardless of the reasons. She was the one who made the choice, and it changed the lives of several people.

Laurel, Quentin, and Dinah lost a daughter leaving the shards of a broken family, who lived in hate for five years. Oliver was stuck on island for five years, and tortured. Thea obviously had her share of problems and becoming a spoiled brat who was never punished/grounded.

And her sob story is cringe worthy. With the oh, "I have a son speech"

Old 02-11-2013, 07:42 AM
Extreme Fan

'It's most definitely going to change the dynamic in that mother and son relationship. I mean, c'mon, Ollie getting shot by his own mama, someone say, Awkward! it's going too be Icey! btwn these two, well mostly, Oliver being a possible jerk to his mother and Moira is not going to know Why??? And how all of this is going to affect Thea, not a good look peeps, i just hope that Ollie/Arrow/The Hood/Vigilante will let Laurel back into his life in some way. He has to know that just saying Goodbye! too her is going to make her leave him alone, i don't think so. And i'm glad that Laurel wants space from her dad too, but i'm hoping that they will manage to work it out somehow, and i hope Laurel finds a way back into The Hood's life, i would love too see her pull stuff just to get his attention. Just anxious for the journey!' d.v.
Danity Vampyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly I think if Oliver starts acting cold with her mother, she would probably get a bit suspicious. So I think he is going to pretend everything is alright, but in reality he is going to dig up dirt on her. Although I do find it ironic that she says she has a son and all of that stuff, (most likely to gain sympathy), but she shoots Oliver.

I think the Laurel/Quentin separation is necessary. I mean her own father used her for his own selfish purposes. I mean he has a vendetta against Hood since the moment he showed up.

Honestly, even though Laurel can be to dependent on the Hood (for example in Burned). I see more characterization and hints of BC when she is working with him. The partnership and her burning sense of Justice. Its really during that arc we see a lot of characterization. Honestly Laurel's storyline has sucked for awhile.

But at least we seems like we are going to get a lot of Thea/Laurel scenes.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by warangel88 (View Post)
Honestly I think if Oliver starts acting cold with her mother, she would probably get a bit suspicious. So I think he is going to pretend everything is alright, but in reality he is going to dig up dirt on her.
I agree. Oliver is smart so he's going to act the way he has been acting all this time. Still it's going to be hard on him.

Quote:
Honestly, even though Laurel can be to dependent on the Hood (for example in Burned). I see more characterization and hints of BC when she is working with him. The partnership and her burning sense of Justice. Its really during that arc we see a lot of characterization. Honestly Laurel's storyline has sucked for awhile.
I'm glad they are giving her more things to do and she is showing her potential to become BC. I don't understand why some people dislike the character so much (I have seen this in other websites). I'm sure the moment she becomes BC everybody is going to love her.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Extreme Fan

I have to admit, with what Diggle dug up about Oliver's mother and he not believing it until the proof, I'm anxious to wonder how this is going to affect the family dynamic. I mean, there are so many secrets going on in that family, I'm surprised the family has survived up to this point. Who knows what is going to happen if even more secrets get out into the open.

This show is getting interesting with each new episode...and THAT is a good thing.

Audrey
Doxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
a person can't "water down" a crime. They either did it or they didn't, regardless of the reasons. She was the one who made the choice, and it changed the lives of several people.
Very true, but still a judge also wants to hear the whole story.. I don't say there are excuses for what she did, but if there are certain circumstances they matter.. So it's definitely not good to judge too soon..

Also isn't that exactly what a good villain should be about? That you also feel sympathy for them not only "hate"?

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 02-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Maybe, or he may want her to pay for her crimes. He may have hesistated, but I think their relationship is definately going to change.

Honestly she should go to jail.
Maybe, but I wouldn't think that would happen for a long while (unless the actress is leaving). I think he'll put on his game face, pretend everything is normal, and investigate. Don't put Moira in jail immediately partially because he loves his mom, but also because he's using her to get at the root of a much bigger evil. He's just found out his dad didn't compile the list of names in the book, so he's going to want to find out who did. He may use Moira to try and find out who the other archer is. And if he discovers that thousands are supposed to die, then he's got to find out the details of that plan. Also, there's Walter - if Oliver could be made to believe that the only reason Moira ever cooperated (at this point in time - him not knowing about the past) was because her husband was being held hostage, then he think there was no reason at all for her to go to jail - she was stuck. The biggest problems I have with this idea are that if Walter survives, he'll be more suspicious and could also tell Oliver that Moira's been doing dark deeds since before he was kidnapped and (second reason) it sounds like the "thousands dead" plan is supposed to come to fruition sooner rather than later.

Quote:
She was responsible for approx. 3 deaths, and having Oliver be somewhat stuck on that island
Yeah, but Oliver is responsible for a lot more than three deaths. Helena is a murderer, as well. And Oliver hasn't turned himself in or turned in Helena.

And I think it's possible (though I don't know how likely), that Oliver won't think Moira arranged the sabotage. Actually, have they been clear on it? I thought Malcolm did that, and that we didn't know if Moira knew about it ahead of time? I know she said she knew about the sabotage, but I can't recall exact words - I was thinking she knew after the fact. If that is the case, she's no more responsible for Oliver ending up on that island than Robert. Less so, maybe, since she wasn't the one bucking against the plan (the evil plan to kill thousands).

Last edited by Liriel; 02-11-2013 at 06:43 PM
Liriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

True.. Ollie has killed too.. so she should pay for his actions too, actually.. But nobody wants that

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 02-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

that is true, and I'm sure Quentin wants nothing more for him to pay for his crimes. If he ever manages to arrest him that is.

But you can't really compare Oliver's killing and Moria's doing the same. Moria isn't necessary a force of good, all of her doings are wrong, and genually caused innocents to be at risk. Oliver believes he is doing the right thing. You could say that it is because of Moria is the root of why Oliver is killing.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Killing is killing.. there isn't anything to compare about that

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 02-13-2013, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

True.
But Oliver is also shying away from the path of killing. While Moria isn't necessary doing the same.

I do find it horrifying, how some individuals who commit crimes especially to human-kind can get away from Scott Free.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

But exactly that's the thing.. we don't kknow Moira's story yet..
and even if there's a difference between their motives.. there's no difference in the outsome.. so if we'd be on the path of logic and law, they should both go to jail

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Reply   Post New Thread