Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2022, 04:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Finally a X-Men thread!!! Thanks Sarah.

As for the moves I never loved any of them or hated any there were some bad ones tho. I just was always expecting the movies to be just as good as the TAS and they never came close. Hopefully that’s changes now.
Old 05-19-2022, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes am looking forward to what MCU does with both X-Men and Fantastic Four

Nice to see you Maurice
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 06:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

there is so much to discuss here i dont even know where to start ?

ok i love x men and i cant wait for MCU to take over but i can't see anyone else plays these characters like the OG actors have
Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed where to start for me its developing "timeline" for the OP - can use the help - where want to grab everything even the other animated shows we've yet to mention cause I am aware there were more than just TAS and Evolution wiki or imdb links will work than also same with the live-action ... start with the TV than movie onto the movies

Than any of the artists around feel free to make a banner or a few for the OP - I was never any good with graphics and having this Chromebook has limited me even for standard icons picking up tricks and stuff thanks especially to 20n20 where managed to pick up 2 of the tricky ones the 3rd was explained but still didn't get it
Patrick/Ian agreed same with their prequel versions related to James/Fassy Other than that most can be replaced see what they do with Logan/Wolverine cause think the point comic book readers had was that Wolverine was suppose to be short but yet Hugh nor don't see Hugh taking the character again

Yes I say above for Charles/Erick either of the original versions but I think MCU should just scratch what has came same with FF they need to figure out how to put these two "franchises" into a world that's been going since what 2007-2008?

Last edited by crash landing; 05-19-2022 at 09:54 AM
Old 05-19-2022, 03:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

I can help out with graphics but it will be hard doing movies, prequels and animations lol but I'll try.

Yeah mcu needs to add in mutants first
Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Maybe 1 master banner for the top than if possible each have their own little mini banner Like shows maybe combined of animated and live-action or separate if needed

Movies would just say 1 related to the OG 3 and than prequel one don't worry about animation like gif-sets or anything If needed a lot the OPs over on X-Men were used with gif-set's so can always "borrow" them

Do feel like its their best/easiest way than bring Fantastic Four they were in a sense "mutants" thanks to what the accident did to them

Just gonna have to wait and see how its done cause bringing them in this late in the game -- curious to how they end up doing it mainly
Old 05-19-2022, 04:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Yeah it will be weird seeing new actors taking over but I'm excited to see nevertheless.

I wonder if they'll use Celestials to introduce mutants and X-men. since that's who created them. are will they go a different route.
Old 05-19-2022, 04:42 PM
Total Fan

I think they'll just be multiversal refugees from a doomed reality. That's probably the simplest route at least.
Old 05-19-2022, 07:27 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

The best thing about X Men 3 is Beast, that's it lol. I hated how they did The Dark Phoenix, they killed Xavier and Cyclops, they took Mystique's powers away, Rogue barely did anything and Bobby cheated on her with Shadowcat (Still irks me he did that then is with her in films after that. No Gambit and Iceman cheats on her, it was a deleted scene but obviously happened) etc. Dark Phoenix gets a lot of hate, but that film executed The Dark Phoenix storyline a little better than X Men 3 did, and I'm glad it focused on Scott and Jean, instead of blowing Scott away and having it be all about Wolverine and Jean's "love story." I understand they teased a triangle before cause Cyclops/Jean/Wolverine has always been a canon triangle, but they just threw Scott under the bus and had Wolverine take his place. I never liked that. I always saw Jean choose Cyclops, she was attracted to Wolverine but Scott was always the man she loved.

My favorite version of Gambit is from X Men TAS, they did him perfectly (Along with his relationship with Rogue, they had the best banter too) so I was always disappointed he wasn't in the main X Men films. So the MCU better put him in their X Men films. I forgot to mention First Class and the Deadpool films are good too, I like First Class more than I used to. I still feel like it will be very easy to bring The Fantastic 4 into the MCU compared to mutants, so I think they should just go for it. I feel mutants are way more complicated, so I also agree the simplest way will just be to say they came from another multiverse since that's what their doing now with Doctor Strange. I think that would be best too, cause otherwise where the hell have the mutants been for all these years with the world almost ending many times? I'm sure they will think of a way, just like when they got Spiderman back then people were wondering why he wouldn't help The Avengers when New York was under attack lol. That's still less complicated than The X Men, so I still say just have them come out of another multiverse.

Are we free to talk about the elephant in the room with certain cameos from Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness? Glad that opened the door a little more and makes me excited for what may come next.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 05-19-2022 at 07:32 PM
Butterfly85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll the rest Tia but first about latest projects cause am 2 movies behind spoiler tagged please cause still need to see both it and the SpiderMan Leave the open none spoilers for its thread but for me/anyone else that hasn't seen keep to tags PLEASE and THANK YOU I would appreciate it deeply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori (View Post)
I think they'll just be multiversal refugees from a doomed reality. That's probably the simplest route at least.
Probably but it would be taking "the easy" way where I like Maurice's of somehow The Celestials being introduced

I personally don't want them to take "the easy way" myself
Old 05-20-2022, 04:31 AM
Total Fan

Given that the X-Men are an allegory for civil rights and minority groups, I don't think it would be a good idea to suggest mutants are the product of Celestial experiments on humanity, and that mutantkind is somehow unnatural, impure, or subhuman.

Other than that, I think overcomplicating the concept is just unnecessary. I don't need Tony Stark's intelligence to be revealed as the result of a secret super serum Howard Stark tested on his infant son. Sometimes less is more.

^^I loved Kelsey Grammer as Beast.

I hated how Magneto reacted to the Mystique thing. Instead of abandoning her now that she was "human", he should've seen what was done to her as a mutilation, like when the British government chemically castrated Alan Turing for being gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash landing (View Post)
Not sure got far enough to see those 3 or not that would be crazy
They appeared near the end of the first season.
Old 05-20-2022, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Tia I hated about Cyclops but Professor X disliked it BUT he did trap The Phoenix So I felt like to her that one was justified - Scott's was not Wasn't it cause James was doing Superman Returns the one that Brandon Routh did

I agree of what I've seen of TAS it did really provide that banter between Gambit/Rogue perfectly where I never finished Evolution BUT heard he makes it into the last season aka apocalypse Disney+ has me annoyed that they don't have Evolution however when ready have my ways to get the show

Glad that The Dark Phoenix of the prequels did it better than X3 think that's what is next for me where once I look at the timeline of everything for the OP than I'll know

Actually before going back to the movie already have started on Disney+ gonna see what they've got for X-Men As figured still only TAS without Evolutions and believe wasn't there another related to Wolverine believe

Anyways might try to get started this weekend on everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori (View Post)
Given that the X-Men are an allegory for civil rights and minority groups, I don't think it would be a good idea to suggest mutants are the product of Celestial experiments on humanity, and that mutantkind is somehow unnatural, impure, or subhuman.

Other than that, I think overcomplicating the concept is just unnecessary. I don't need Tony Stark's intelligence to be revealed as the result of a secret super serum Howard Stark tested on his infant son. Sometimes less is more.

^^I loved Kelsey Grammer as Beast.

I hated how Magneto reacted to the Mystique thing. Instead of abandoning her now that she was "human", he should've seen what was done to her as a mutilation, like when the British government chemically castrated Alan Turing for being gay.

They appeared near the end of the first season.

So you thinking should just be mutli-verse survives? that I guess could work but feel like we would need maybe an Disney+ Original to explain the background first than intro into the movies

Yes I hated what Erik did related to Raven No wonder she gave up info

Kelsey was the best Nick [?] wasn't too bad himself as prequel

Legion or The Gifted? don't remember very much

Last edited by crash landing; 05-20-2022 at 05:24 AM
Old 05-20-2022, 05:56 AM
Total Fan

I think Marvel will want to introduce the X-Men in a movie rather than a TV show. The first MCU X-Men movie could just be about them trying to find a new home for the survivors of their dying universe. So many X-Men stories involve escaping or avoiding dystopian futures.

The Cuckoos appeared in The Gifted. They were recurring characters at the end of season one, and were promoted to series regulars for season two.
Old 05-20-2022, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That could work for an intro movie

Oh yea no real memory nor do I think either show is on Disney+ cause didn't look yet for Live-Action where just took a look at what Animation was on

- Legion remembering it being trippy
- In-Humans
- Runaways

Not sure if last 2 relate to X-Men but no The Gifted again have my ways if I want to get it

Hmm Think this weekend + Monday [Canadian related to Victoria Day - aka May 2-4 weekend] will get a start both on the OP and watching Restart TAS cause pieces remember but want to watch it fully

Ok this is Guess I may have actually started it while either the 3 months still on the steroids or this past Fall :poor: Shows supposedly am at 4x11 but that doesn't feel right - Thought was within the "Dark Phoenix Saga" - she already had turned related to whatever happened with the alien race also surrounding Scott learnt of his father being out there in Space I remember the 2 parter that started the show but will return to 1x01

Last edited by crash landing; 05-20-2022 at 07:01 AM
Old 05-20-2022, 07:54 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I hated how Magneto just blew Mystique off when she lost her powers, I feel like that was OOC for him. In X Men Evolution, Gambit shows up at the very send of S2. So he's there for two seasons, and Gambit/Rogue get their own episode in S4. That show ended way too soon. I think both Phoenix Sagas on X Men TAS happen in S3. That's the best place to watch The Phoenix Saga done completely right since both movies botched the story SMH. Loving this thread already lol.
Butterfly85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top