Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2022, 11:58 PM
Total Fan

"Is it Mephisto?" is literally a meme at this point. lol

WandaVision's easily still my favourite of the Disney+ MCU shows so far, and episode 8 in particular affected me deeply. As for the other shows, I've found all of them pretty average/mixed TBH.
Old 10-02-2022, 04:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori (View Post)
"Is it Mephisto?" is literally a meme at this point. lol

WandaVision's easily still my favourite of the Disney+ MCU shows so far, and episode 8 in particular affected me deeply. As for the other shows, I've found all of them pretty average/mixed TBH.
What if ? Surprised me which was a good change.

Loki was good but disappointed me cause it didn't focus on as much time travel as I wanted .
F&WS was a huge disappointment I wish it had the same feel as WS but it didn't
Hawkeye was actually really fun , they played on the Christmas time theme really well so I enjoyed that
Moon Knight was a good introduction
She-Hulk I'm slightly behind so no comments yet
Old 10-02-2022, 01:38 PM
Total Fan

The only two I flat out dislike are What If and Loki. The others I find enjoyable enough but noticeably flawed.

What If - Many characters were flanderized or very out of character (Coulson's admiration for Captain America was exaggerated to the point Coulson became a creepy pervert who sniffed Thor's dead body; Vision's defining traits are his compassion and selflessness, yet the What If writers had him feed T'Challa to zombie-Wanda for cheap romantic angst reminiscent of a CW show.). What If felt like a Robot Chicken parody.

Loki - Zero resolution, and filled with hollow fanservice to distract from the lack of a story. The "plot" went in circles for the last four episodes, then ended on a big cliffhanger. The whole show was just a six hour long teaser for Quantumania. The first two episodes were promising, but after that it really lost focus.

FatWS - Appreciate the willingness to shine a light on dark parts of American history, but had pacing issues and the script could've used more fine tuning. Loved Isaiah. Did not love Sharon's villain turn. And Bucky's rehabilitation was way too rushed (his entire amends list completed off screen? That could've been a whole show on its own. They skipped past Bucky's whole confession to Yori, it should've been like the scene at the end of The Bourne Supremacy.)

Moon Knight - Nice to see some Egyptian culture, but had uneven pacing and underutilized some characters and worldbuilding. Disappointed with how Jake Lockley was depicted as the violent boogeyman personality like you see in so many generic movies about people with DID.

Hawkeye - Fun but tried to cram too much in IMO. I love Yelena, but when she showed up Echo got extremely sidelined. Lucky was adorable, but the only reason he's in the show is because he's in the comic the show takes inspiration from, he doesn't do anything except sit around looking cute. I like Jack, but was disappointed the show removed his mentor relationship with Clint (hopefully he can mentor Kate instead in future appearances).

Ms. Marvel - My second favourite of the MCU/D+ shows so far. I wasn't feeling the early episodes with the high school drama, but I loved the latter episodes in Karachi (I'm not South Asian but those scenes felt very familiar to me). Appreciated the exploration of Partition. And Iman Vellani is a treasure.

Mostly enjoying She-Hulk so far but I'll reserve judgement until its finished.

Last edited by Mori; 10-02-2022 at 01:58 PM
Mori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 08:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

Oh I knew I forgot something I really likes Ms Mavrvel to that was good
Old 10-03-2022, 03:00 PM
Total Fan

While I didn't like Captain Marvel, I am hopeful for The Marvels because I really liked Kamala in Ms. Marvel and Monica in WandaVision. (And I still want that X-Files style Jimmy/Darcy/Monica spin-off.)
Old 10-04-2022, 04:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori (View Post)
While I didn't like Captain Marvel, I am hopeful for The Marvels because I really liked Kamala in Ms. Marvel and Monica in WandaVision. (And I still want that X-Files style Jimmy/Darcy/Monica spin-off.)
Lol yes me to , to all the above oh I want that spin off!

Old 10-05-2022, 05:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for that!

[sigh in frustration]

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 06:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

Your welcome
Old 10-07-2022, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 01:09 AM
Moderator Support Team

All good
Old 10-20-2022, 11:23 AM
Moderator Support Team

Kathryn Hahn Says 'Agatha: Coven of Chaos' Will Begin Filming Next Month
Old 10-21-2022, 05:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

Awesome! Thanks for that..

[sigh in frustration]

Old 10-26-2022, 05:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

So excited for that
Old 10-28-2022, 03:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

WandaVision Spinoff With Paul Bettany as Vision in the Works at Disney+
Old 10-28-2022, 04:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for that..

[sigh in frustration]

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top