Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2017, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

Oh for sure!! I was just shocked to know that it's even denied when it's so clearly there

I think a huge part of it definitely stems from the fact that Peggy was introduced first as a love interest in the MCU... it really ruined it for the OTP that is Sharon/Steve But I will ship it until the day I die ::high five::
Old 03-05-2017, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know Peggy was an important part of Steve's life, but I think the MCU went about it the wrong way by making her THE ONLY ONE and having Steve pine for her endlessly. Also, it really sucks that that they'd already given most of Sharon's comic book personality to Peggy and Natasha so when it came time to introduce Sharon, they really kind of just half-assed it. I used to like Peggy and Hayley Atwell, but I'm kind of over the both of them now. Hayley just takes every opportunity she can to let us know how much she hates SteveSharon. She should really just go with 'no comment' instead of feeding the fanwar, but I know she knows how much power she holds over the fandom. I don't hate her, I'm just meh with her now. Oops, better not let her stans hear me saying that lmfao.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:24 PM
Master Fan

I agree, you definitely shouldn't be so persistent in a hatred toward a character that has no villainous traits whatsoever. But I have noticed she is very outspoken in her dislike of the 2 as an item and she's another one that I just want to grab and shake and scream 'YOU ONLY KISSED ONCE AND THEN HE FROZE'

While I believe there was a lot of love there, I too think they went too far in trying to play them off as an OTP, especially considering they knew they never had any plans to pursue Peggy further in the MCU! It was just setting people up for heartbreak!
Old 03-05-2017, 07:24 PM
Master Fan

I agree, you definitely shouldn't be so persistent in a hatred toward a character that has no villainous traits whatsoever. But I have noticed she is very outspoken in her dislike of the 2 as an item and she's another one that I just want to grab and shake and scream 'YOU ONLY KISSED ONCE AND THEN HE FROZE'

While I believe there was a lot of love there, I too think they went too far in trying to play them off as an OTP, especially considering they knew they never had any plans to pursue Peggy further in the MCU! It was just setting people up for heartbreak!
Old 03-05-2017, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

And I like how people keep insisting SteveSharon is incest, but will ship the hell out of SteveTony and SteveHoward. And have headcanons about Peggy being Tony's mom, but somehow SteveSharon is weird. Mmmkay.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

OMG I CAN'T EVEN GET STARTED ON THAT

Just... no! If it was anyone BUT Sharon it would be romantic as hell! But, because it's Sharon, it's disgusting.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Let me just say it now: if Sharon was a man named Shane, people would be all up on him and shipping him with Steve, but because she's a girl, somehow she's irrelevant and a Hydra agent because she's always around when Steve needs information.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:58 PM
Master Fan

but of course, no evidence to back up these claims considering everything she has done for him has been helpful and AT THE RISK OF HER JOB! but, yes please, continue to tell me how their feelings are fake.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still remember all the claims that Sam is a Hydra agent too. Mostly from the Stucky shipppers. Man, they can't stay in their own lanes.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

I just rewatched TWS tonight and damn, if things could have been calm for just a bit longer so she could take him up on that coffee offer!!
Old 03-05-2017, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I always thought that hallway scene was so cute. And she totally warned him about there being someone in his apartment without ever giving herself away.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

exactly! she was still remaining professional until the time came for her to strap on her tough girl boots and kick down the door.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sharon can step on my face anytime she wants to.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

Old 03-05-2017, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

We have so few female characters in the MCU and it makes me feel sad that one of them is so vilified because of a ship. I mean, I hate dislike Stucky, but I'm not on Tumblr or Twitter everyday talking about how much I hate it, hate Steve, or hate Bucky. I ignore that ship and work on loving my ship. Hating takes up too much time and energy.