Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2014, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) [Spoilers & Speculation] #4: The trailer is finally here!!!

Welcome to the 4th
The Avengers: Age of Ultron
Spoilers and Speculation thread

Quote:
As the US Government create a force, known as Ultron, The Avengers are told they are not needed any longer. But when Ultron turns against Humanity, it's time for The Avengers to assemble yet again for their most dangerous challenge ever.

+

+

Supporters
001. miranstarr
002. kgp1217
003. LucyGu
004. Natasha Romanoff
005. Donna L. Crawford
006. Jade Lizabetta Lautner
007. Summer Falls
Old 10-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey it won't be this movie but Marvel wants Spiderman involved. Cause the Reboot of the franchise is failing. But it is up to Sony. Do have all the rights to the Spiderman movies. Having him show up in Avengers would help .
Frankly once they re boot the franchise it was dead.
Also maybe throw him with Iron man or Capt. America.. Sony has to see all the Marvel movies are making big money. Spiderman no longera Blockbuster frenchise .

Last edited by Logan; 10-07-2014 at 08:22 PM
Old 10-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, TASM 2 did not make as much money as Sony was hoping for. It also was not a big hit with the critics. If Marvel does use Spider-Man in the future, I hope they recast. I like Andrew and all, but I'd rather Marvel start fresh.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:05 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I don't believe for a second they will get Spiderman in an Avengers film, so I'm expecting nothing to come of it.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the new thread!
Old 10-07-2014, 11:18 PM
Elite Fan

tftnt

I want Andrew to stay
He's much better than Toby imo
Old 10-08-2014, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by science girlfriend (View Post)
tftnt

I want Andrew to stay
He's much better than Toby imo
Toby as Spiderman movies are amongst the top 50 grossing movies all time . avengers is a great frenchise and we know next year the movie will set box office records .
Old 10-08-2014, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I feel that of the three franchises whose film rights are held by other studios - X-Men and Fantastic Four by Fox, and Spider-Man by Sony - Spider-Man is the most vulnerable. Sony made a big miscalculation by thinking that buying the film rights to Marvel's most popular character would ensure that they'd have a lucrative franchise indefinitely. Marvel's cinematic universe has changed the way comic book films are made, and having all these characters exist in the same timeline and crossing over into each other's films, or joining up in The Avengers movies, gives Marvel a lot of freedom and flexibility to tell a variety of stories. It's also difficult to impossible for Sony to compete with them, as they have Spider-Man trapped in his own separate universe with no other Marvel characters to interact with, other than the characters who are in Peter Parker's immediate circle. Basing a film universe around a single character is extremely difficult, and since Amazing Spider-Man 2 was supposed to help launch their own universe, its poor performance has Sony worried. They've pushed production on their Sinister Six and Venom movies back, and when Amazing Spider-Man 3 will come out is anyone's guess.

Fox is also getting nervous about Marvel. Their Fantastic Four reboot is going to be a big gamble, and their X-Men franchise is basically just doing what it always does - making more sequels. But they haven't shown that they can make a universe that can compete with Marvel's. So I'm guessing that the first one to fall will be Spider-Man. If Marvel can keep up the pressure on Sony to compete, and Sony feels that the diminishing returns on their Spider-Man films can no longer justify the costs of making them, they might just let the film rights revert back to Marvel. Trying to do some kind of joint film project is going to prove too difficult, as Sony will want to establish certain rules as to how Marvel can use Spider-Man. And the truth is, Marvel doesn't really need to abide by any of those rules, as their other characters are making them more than enough money. When Captain America and Guardians of the Galaxy are beating Spider-Man at the box office, you know there's trouble.

So I think that Marvel is going to wait Sony out and see how long they can go before they realize that they're fighting a losing battle. I predict that Spider-Man will go back to Marvel sooner or later. Fox, on the other hand, will be a much tougher battle. I don't see Fox as being all that invested in Fantastic Four, and I belive that Marvel could possibly get the rights back to FF if the reboot underperforms. But Fox is dug in deep with X-Men, so it'll be interesting to see how long they can go with that franchise.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, I think Fox will keep churning out X-Men movies indefinitely.

I think the next time we see Spidey is in 2018? There's the Sinister Six movie and then the female led movie which no other details have been said about. Sony basically confirmed that Venom is dead in the waters. I just saw a bunch of articles about that movie and several articles expressed shock. Sony is in trouble, y'all.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Oh, I think Fox will keep churning out X-Men movies indefinitely.

I think the next time we see Spidey is in 2018? There's the Sinister Six movie and then the female led movie which no other details have been said about. Sony basically confirmed that Venom is dead in the waters. I just saw a bunch of articles about that movie and several articles expressed shock. Sony is in trouble, y'all.
Yep, they are. And you just illustrated the problem Sony has. The only characters that Sony has the rights to other than Spider-Man are the characters in Spider-Man's immediate circle. And with the exception of Felicia Hardy/Black Cat - who may have been the female character they were going to feature in a solo movie - the only other characters they have are all villains, criminals, and murderers. A Sinister Six movie just doesn't have the mass appeal that The Avengers does. And does anyone want a solo Venom movie? How do you make solo films based on Spidey villains? And no, Sony does NOT have the rights to Jessica Drew's Spider Woman character, as she's not part of Peter Parker's storyline. They've crossed paths and have teamed up from time to time, but the film rights to Spider Woman are firmly in the hands of Marvel Studios as she's a member of both SHIELD and The Avengers. So Sony is basically screwed. And Fox will probably hold on to X-Men for as long as they can, but they can't do it indefinitely. It takes a long time to make all these sequels, and they haven't been able to make a successful movie that wasn't centered on Wolverine. They don't have the variety that Marvel Studios has to spread out their stories and characters.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tbh, I'm sooooo sick of Wolverine being the center of the X-Men movies. After pushing Cyclops aside in favor of Wolverine, I can't stand the movies anymore. I haven't watched the originals in years and I know a lot of people, like most people who post in this forum, love the new ones, but I'm so very meh on them. They just can't hold my attention for very long.

Anyone know if AoU will be at NYCC this year? I haven't heard anything, so they must just be sticking to the Netflix/TV shows? I want some promo now damn it. I remember they went to NYCC in 2011.

Last edited by miranstarr; 10-08-2014 at 11:56 AM
Old 10-08-2014, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Its funny. Your opinion on X-men Mee is how I feel on Spiderman. I liked Tobey's spiderman and I can't stand the new one, it feels forced. If they do a spiderman joins the avengers thing I don't know how it will work because its like bringing these random actors to combine, and it might not work.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's why I wish they would recast. There's no need to do an origin movie. Please, just give Marvel Spider-Man back lol. The new Spidey movies are majorly cheesy. They spent like $400M on TASM 2. Where did all the money go? I thought Electro looked hilariously bad and some of the CGI was .
Old 10-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I think Fox is good with X Men and to be honest, I have always preferred them to the Spiderman movies. The ASM reboot has just been okay, the SR Spiderman movies were way better and I never wanted them rebooted, they should of kept going with Spiderman 4. I heard TASM 3 will come out in 2018 and SS in 2016, I heard the Venom film was cancelled. I don't hate TASM 2 as much as others but the movie was a mess and a major downgrade from the first (which was good) TASM franchise is one I don't care about that much anymore along with the FF reboot their planning. So if Sony is in as much trouble as people are saying then maybe they will go back to Marvel (I hope so, I think Marvel will do better) and I really think the Fantastic 4 will too, I don't think it will do that well. As for Wolverine, even though HJ is a great Wolverine I too am sick of him always being the lead in the X Men movies and acting like he is the leader. Cause of that many characters don't get much airtime or writing. I still think Marvel won't get the rights back to Spiderman but it's possible cause they F'ed up with the franchise.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

How are some people saying they are over the movie when the trailer/movie hasn't even been released yet? At least wait until you see it.