Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2016, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Since they always get upgrades on their uniforms for subsequent sequels and whatnot, I'm wondering how Ant-Man's suit will look. I think the new Civil War Lego sets has a Giant Man version too.
That would be even worse. Scott Lang was never Giant-Man in the comics, Hank Pym was. And both Hank and Janet were in the Civil War storyline in the comics. Seriously, will Marvel Studios' disrespect for their characters never end? I can't even watch Shaun of the Dead anymore due to how mad I am at Edgar Wright for writing that damn script. They should've gone with Joss Whedon's original Avengers script instead.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think the only Edgar Wright movie I really like is Scott Pilgrim vs The World.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Since they always get upgrades on their uniforms for subsequent sequels and whatnot, I'm wondering how Ant-Man's suit will look. I think the new Civil War Lego sets has a Giant Man version too.
I wonder about both too. It would pretty awesome if that happens and they kept it under wraps. Though I could see them waiting till the sequel too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Embrace (View Post)
I got this for christmas, so finally got to watch! I absolutely loved it. Mainly the falcon-antman fight was hilarious, I loved the quips and little nods to Spidey and Avengers.
Glad you liked it. Yeah, the humor was really great. The nods to Spider-Man was pretty cool. I was surprised that I actually was a bit excited when that Spider-Man nod came up. lol
*OldHollywoodStarlet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

So James Gunn saw Civil War and he gave a special shoutout to Tom Holland/Spidey.
Old 01-02-2016, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Also I like the way Edgar filmed it. Like the end when it cuts away to other people with the voiceover still going, such a Edgar thing to do. (but i loved him since Spaced, which imo is the best thing hes done, as well as Scott Pilgrim)
Old 01-02-2016, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not that fond of the Cornetto Trilogy anyway.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I think the only Edgar Wright movie I really like is Scott Pilgrim vs The World.
I liked Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and Shaun of the Dead, but I think in general Edgar Wright is overrated.

I keep wondering what the MCU would look like if Edgar Wright had never written his damn Ant-Man script and if Joss Whedon had been able to put Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne in the Avengers as Ant-Man and The Wasp as he originally planned. The whole MCU would've been better as a result. Age of Ultron would've made more sense and wouldn't have had so many plot-holes, continuity errors, and lapses in logic, because it would've put Ultron's creation in Hank Pym's storyline where it belongs instead of Tony Stark's where it all seems out of place. Janet Van Dyne would've been the main female character as The Wasp, and Joss Whedon would've been able to use her much more effectively in the story than he was able to do with Black Widow. Many film critics disliked how Black Widow wasn't given much to do other than be a damsel-in-distress and a love interest for The Hulk. The fact is she's not a superhero and isn't really cut out for this stuff.

And the Ant-Man movie would've been about Hank and Janet and would've fit into the MCU a lot better, and Hank would've gotten to be Giant-Man in the Avengers. Making it about Scott and Hope(who doesn't even exist) really doesn't improve anything. I think history will prove me right on this, especially since the MCU keeps losing directors due to Kevin Feige's mismanagement. Joss said he's "done with Marvel movies," and I can't blame him considering how he was forced to change his scripts to whatever Kevin Feige wanted him to do instead of doing the right thing. I'll never forget Joss' own words as to why Hank and Janet didn't get to be in the Avengers like they should've been. "Edgar had him first." That's it, that's the only reason, and it's stupid when you consider that Edgar's script ended up not working and he quit the movie.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here's his Giant-Man bobblehead.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here's his Giant-Man bobblehead.

Old 01-09-2016, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

it looks like the one my bro bought me for xmas.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Phhhffft! That's not Giant-Man. This is Giant-Man. Hank Pym, the only one aside from Bill Foster:

Old 01-09-2016, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Embrace (View Post)
it looks like the one my bro bought me for xmas.
Which one did you get?
Old 01-10-2016, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Was in the merch thread, just ant man i think!
Old 01-11-2016, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ah yes, I went to look once you reminded me!
Old 01-14-2016, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I finally watched it! I thought it was alright, better than Age of Ultron, but still a bit boring

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Natasha Romanoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top