Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2019, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Possible Board Closure Discussion: Please Read and Respond!

Hey!

It is with great sadness that I have to write this post but for the past few weeks I have been thinking about the future of this board.

The board is still making enough posts and over the past 7 years the board was only once on the low post count list. But for some time now I've been a solo mod and there are not a lot of regular posters. It also doesn't help that there's not a lot of new things to discuss and we often have to rely on game or off topic threads.

As you know, Fan Forum requires that we average at least 12 posts per day, with lower numbers than that leading to warnings and then possible closure of the board. I wouldn't want the board to get to a point when we'll be forced to close due to low post counts.

I'll be honest that I've lost the enthusiasm I once had and I'm not as big of a fan as I was when we first got the board. I really appreciate everybody who posts here and want to know what you think. Any imput over the next couple of days are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Paula I know this isn't an easy decision for you but I totally get where you're coming from, especially now that Joseph seems to have taken a break from acting projects. Being a solo mod must be especially difficult when a board doesn't have many regulars. You put a lot of time and effort to keep this board going, so if you feel that's best to close it in its own terms, I trust your judgement.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

While I enjoyed my time as an MST here, I’m not a big enough fan of JGL’s to post here on a regular basis. I totally get what it’s like to be a solo mod and how hard it can be to keep a board going; just posting in game threads can be a boring & tedious task. I wish you all the best, Paula, and I totally understand and respect your decision, whatever you decide to do.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 09-10-2019, 07:06 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I'm sorry that you feel the need to post this, Paula. Seven years a long time. But sometimes actor boards get hard due to quiet times. Being a solo mod is hard on top of that. Do what's best for you and what you think is best for the board.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good luck Paula, know there's always a place you can make for him at the Celebs board if you need one!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 09-10-2019, 05:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

I was kind of expect that happen even tho I understand that you want to post this thread and I can understand about not so many posters since you're solo moderator which that made it harder to bring more posters to come to this board.. But whatever the decision you think for this board, but most for yourself too! I'm totally understand that..

[sigh in frustration]

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 09-13-2019, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Paulina ... you've given a lot to the board over the years and that this must be such a tough decision for you to consider. It's hard being a solo mod and even moreso, when JGL currently doesn't have a lot of projects which can be discussed on the board. Whatever decision you ultimately make is the best one for the board, I'm sure.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 09-13-2019, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for all the nice words and understanding.

I pm'ed Jerry today and decided it's time to close the board. Jerry is going to close the board on Sunday. I'll write up a goodbye post tomorrow.

Old 09-14-2019, 03:29 AM
Graphics Team Manager

sorry you had to make this decision, it is an awful one to make, but unfortunately sometimes it is for the best
Old 09-14-2019, 09:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
Thanks for all the nice words and understanding.

I pm'ed Jerry today and decided it's time to close the board. Jerry is going to close the board on Sunday. I'll write up a goodbye post tomorrow.
Thanks for letting me know, but at least I have you as my mod on other board! But good for ya to make the decision for yourself..

[sigh in frustration]

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 09-14-2019, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Steph

As sad as it is, I know it's the right decision. I will remember all the fun we had here. Remembering his old roles, discussing his new ones. Sometimes not understanding why he did a movie (hello, GI Joe and Uncertainty ). His random tweets that provided us with new knowledge.

BTW, when his Netflix movie comes out, we'll be able to discuss it over on our board.

Old 09-14-2019, 11:57 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Sorry about the final decision, Paula. Sometimes it's for the best. And there's always places around to continue talking about JGL and his projects.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

im so sorry to hear this. but i totally understand your decision, its hard to manage when your a solo mod and he doesnt have steady projects going. im going to miss this board though.