Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-20-2016, 01:45 PM
New Fan

Young Americans Podcast

Hi everybody,
I'm the host of Creek of the Week: A Dawson's Creek Podcast, in which my friend and I watch and commentate on a randomly selected episode of Dawson's Creek every week. We've recently started doing a bonus episode every Friday that covers Young Americans episode-by-episode. We're currently up to episode 3. It's not for everyone, and is also nsfw, but you YA fans might like it.

Here's a link to the first Young Americans Bonus episode
Old 03-21-2016, 10:52 AM
Elite Fan

Hey Josh! Thanks for posting about that! That's proper dedication to DC I guess. I don't think YA has aged too well But I hope you have a fun time watching the episodes anyway! I just started up your commentary for the pilot and I can already give you major props for the sound quality of the podcast

ETA: So far your views on the storylines are really consistent with the general YA fandom Jake/Hamilton is everything and none of us would be here without it.

Last edited by wolkenfuehlen; 03-21-2016 at 11:47 AM
Old 03-21-2016, 07:32 PM
New Fan

Yeah, I don't think it holds up quite as well as DC, but it's entertaining/interesting enough that we've recorded through episode 4 now, and aren't planning on stopping.
The Jake/Hamilton relationship is genuinely interesting and well acted, but a lot of the other relationships are just sort of confusing - which is in itself kind of interesting. We're really curious to see where all the plots are going and which, if any, of them will get wrapped up by the end of the show.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:12 AM
Elite Fan

I'm glad you're enjoying the most important part of the show at least - nevermind that the writers somehow decided the J/H storyline was a subplot to the incestry triangle of doom. I'll keep listening, and I'm interested to see how you'll feel after the finale and we're always here if you feel like talking about the show a little bit more after that..
Old 04-01-2016, 12:28 PM
New Fan

In case you're not listening to our normal Dawson's Creek episodes, and were wondering why there's no YA talk today, we had a short message at the beginning of Wednesday's ep mentioning that we are taking a short break from the YA bonus episodes due to my co-host moving and going on a multi-week vacation out of the country. We decided that it was more important to focus on the primary show and be able to get all of those episodes pre-recorded. But, we will come back and finish Young Americans - probably in the beginning to middle of May.
Old 04-01-2016, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the headsup! I gotta admit, I've only ever seen all of DC once, so for now I'm only around for the YA episodes. Good luck to him for the move and the vacation, and I'll be patiently waiting for you both to return to discussing the remaining YA episodes!