Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Elite Fan

Young Americans Links - Have a YA link? Post it here!

Young Americans Links

We're trying to compile a list of all YA-related websites here, so If you know one, post the link here and we will add it to the list! The previous thread can be found here.

General
The official YA board twitter account
Young Americans at tumblr

Rawley Academy (via archive.org)
Sony Pictures Television - Young Americans (via archive.org)
Oxblood: Young Americans
The official Havre de Grace Website
Strawberry Lane (via archive.org)
Young Americans
YA @ Hypnoseries.tv (French)
YA locations
Rawley Revisited
Defining a Community: The Culture and Fiction of Young Americans
Who Said It's Over @ lj.com
The YA Gatherings (via archive.org)
Jahammers Online (via archive.org)
Jake and Hamilton Screen Captures (via archive.org)
A Chemistry Thing
Who Said It's Over: Jake & Hamilton (Fanlisting)
Time of Change (Fanlisting)
YA Links at Required Reading (via archive.org)

Kate Bosworth (Bella Banks)
Official Twitter
Official Instagram
Official Snapchat: BosworthKate

KateBosworthFan.com
KateBosworthWeb.com
Michael Polish and Kate Bosworth fan site

Gabrielle Christian (Grace Banks)
Official Twitter
Official Instagram

Official Gabrielle Christian Website

Matt Czuchry (Sean McGrail)
Official Website
Matt Czuchry Board at
Lucky 7: Matt Czuchry (Fanlisting)
I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell

Mark Famiglietti (Scout Calhoun)
Official Website
Official Instagram
Capturing Mark - A Mark Famiglietti Screencap Site

Charlie Hunnam (Ryder Forrest)
Charlie-Hunnam.net
CharlieHunnam.com
Charlie Fans (Fanlisting)

Sons of Anarchy

Katherine Moennig (Jacqueline "Jake" Pratt)
Official Instagram
Official Twitter

Shane is the Bane of My Existence
katemoennig @ lj.com
Kate and Ian (via archive.org)

Invitation to a Suicide
Art School Confidential
Ray Donovan - Official Showtime Website

Michelle Monaghan (Caroline Busse)
Official Twitter
Official Instagram
Official Facebook

Independent Spirit (Fanlisting)

Ed Quinn (Finn)
Official Twitter
Official Instagram

Ian Somerhalder (Hamilton Fleming)
Official Instagram
Official Twitter
Ian Somerhalder Board at

Ian-Online.de (German)
somerhalderism @ lj.com
Kate and Ian (via archive.org)
Ian Lovers (Portuguese)
Ian Somerhalder News

Lost TV
The Sensation of Sight
The Vampire Diaries - Official CW website
Vampire Diaries Online
Vampire-Diaries.net
VampireDiariesSource

Rodney Scott (Will Krudski)
Rodney Scott Fan Page

Sex and Consequences - full movie on Hulu

Steve Antin (creator)
Official Twitter

Fan Fiction and Fan Art
Nicky's YA Episodes
New Beginnings
YA @ fanfiction.net
YA @ AO3
Roxane's Ramblings
Deniable Beauty (icons by Anja/wolkenfuehlen)
obsessive24.net (vids by Nicky/Silversun)
Icons by Nikki (nki)
YA Fanart (art/manip/posters from 2000 onwards, compiled by Nelle)

OP updated: June 30, 2017

I deleted most dead links, but I still have hopes some of them will resurface at some point, so I've left the links in the list for now. I also cut down the twitter links to only people that were directly involved in YA

As I was saying on the other thread, I'd also prefer having the original Strawberry Lane site back It'd save you a ton of work (coding, etc), Finnegan.

Last edited by wolkenfuehlen; 07-25-2020 at 01:34 PM
Old 10-20-2011, 07:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

I've sent the files to 2 people who have offered to host the Strawberry Lane site, so hopefully it will be online again soon. I'm actually really happy that other people are willing to take it over. It was the one reason I was hanging on to my site as long as I did, and I was sad to see it go.

Thank you to the awesome fans. Who says it's over, right?
Old 10-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Reviving "Strawberry Lane"

Quote:
iamgre@ at http://www.fanforum.com/59112482-post306.html
I said i would host it in full as it was.

I loved Strawberry Lane. I do not at all support what you are now declaring to do to it.
Quote:
wolkenfuehlen at http://www.fanforum.com/59120360-post307.html
Well, I for one would also prefer having Strawberry Lane back online exactly as it was, instead of finding just bits and pieces on your site, Finnegan Besides, it was just so pretty ...
Jessica, Anja,

I share your preference to have Strawberry Lane maintained just as it was. I doubt I have the tech skills to do that, however. And of course I'd prefer to have one of you do the work rather than do it myself.

If you have the requisite tech skills and resources, by all means contact Juli/Jewelianna the same way I did, and ask her for the files. I posted a description of how I did that on the thread of which this is a continuation, precisely so that others could do it, too. But I don't feel at liberty to distribute Juli's files or e-mail address, since I don't have her permission to do that.

I had intended to try to put as much of Strawberry Lane as possible on a Google site this weekend, but I'll wait a week, until the following weekend, in order to give you two a chance to see whether you can do better. If either of you manages to get the files, and can re-create the site more or less as it was, let me know during the coming week, please. If you can, I'll be delighted.

Later edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelianna (View Post)
I've sent the files to 2 people who have offered to host the Strawberry Lane site ...
Excellent. So a second and hopefully more tech-savvy person has the files. Jessica?

Last edited by Finnegan; 10-20-2011 at 07:47 PM
Old 10-20-2011, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Anja, TFTNT hun

Juli - your reasons for taking down the site are totally understandable, good luck with the teaching I hope someone manages to put the site back up

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 10-21-2011, 01:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah so grumpy me is now sick, tired, but not-so-grumpy me. This is more like what i had in mind when Finnegan inspired me to look for that copy of Strawberry Lane i had made some years ago. I never found it so i too wrote to Juli. http://strawberrylane.thefiveeight.com I agree with Anja that it is pretty. It is also pretty simple in its construct. What might come of it i am not too sure right now. I am really tired and really not feeling so good. But if anyone has suggestions i am open to ideas though no promise on implementing ideas. And if anyone knows the font used for the logo can you please tell me so i can make a proper favicon for the site. Thank you. I go sleepies now.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Loyal Fan

The revived "Strawberry Lane"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgre@ (View Post)
Beautiful. Just as it was. I could not have reconstructed that. Thank you, Jessica!

So, is that URL read for Anja or Sheida to post into the OP of this thread? And for me to post into my "References" section on "Rawley Revisited"?

Quote:
But if anyone has suggestions i am open to ideas though no promise on implementing ideas.
Of course I have suggestions. They're in a PM in your inbox. And I'm willing to do the non-IT work to implement them.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

Jessica, it's beautiful as always. Thanks for putting it up so quick! Will edit the link into the OP now
Old 11-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Loyal Fan

The online scripts of YA: what they are, where they come from

In the process of contacting Juli to get files of Strawberry Lane, I found out what the Young American scripts online are, and where they come from. I feel free to share that info, since it was given to me in response to a request for a description of the nature and provenance of those scripts that I told Juli I intended to post online if I, rather than Jessica, had ended up reconsituting the Strawberry Lane site. So now I've posted it on the scripts section of my website, here:

Quote:
The scripts of the eight aired episodes of Young Americans (YA) in this section are not transcripts of the drama as aired. They are edited versions of hardcopy production scripts bought in the autumn of 2000 bought by a YA fan , "Jewelianna," who until October 2011 maintained the Strawberry Lane fansite. "Jewelianna" typed them up into electronic form to post online. (Back in 2000, scanners were not common.) As she did so, she deleted a lot of material not used in YA as aired, transferring that unused material to a "cut scenes" file that she posted on Strawberry Lane, which I have copied into this section as "Material cut." However, the scripts that resulted from her editing are not transcripts; the drama as aired sometimes deviates from them substantially (although less than it deviated from the production scripts that "Jewelianna" edited). These are the only YA scripts now online. They are neither production scripts nor transcripts, but something midway between the two.

The hardcopy "source" production script of Episode 1 was dated May 18, 2000, according to "Jewelianna;" the dates of the hardcopy source scripts for the other episodes are not known.
All YA scripts now online appear to be identical; apparently they all derive from Juli's work.

I've long been puzzled about the YA scripts online, since they're plainly not transcripts (except for the script of the unaired pilot), but production scripts wouldn't already have the large amounts of "cut scenes" deleted from them but somehow preserved on the side. Perhaps others have shared my puzzlement. Now we know.

Last edited by Finnegan; 11-01-2011 at 09:31 PM
Old 11-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

So you finally got your answer. Thanks for posting that!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Accomplishments and work remaining

Anja,

The public now has better access to Antin's Young Americans and to information about it than we had two years ago:

-- During the past year, the two most informative website about YA still online -- Strawberry Lane and the YA section of the official SONY website (Rawley Academy Online) -- both went offline, but we found the former preserved by Archive.org and have put the latter back online.

-- We have recovered the 2000-2001 YA section of Fanforum (Rawley Academy), a treasure-trove of information.

-- We've become aware of Jessica's Oxblood site, which includes ratings info.

-- We've learned what the online scripts are, and where they come from.

-- We've made a decent-quality English-language version of YA (by redubbing the French version back into English), posted it online in short clips, and made whole-episode downloads available (at Rawley Revisited).

-- We've correctly attributed that mysterious piece of music played during the JaHammer cotillion kiss scene, "That's No Lie."

That's a remarkable accomplishment for any fan community. And it does take a community: the parts of it that I've done, I couldn't have done alone. Hell, without the bootlegs on YouTube and the Chinese sites, and without Juli's scripts, I wouldn't ever have rediscovered YA two years ago; I'd still have nothing but a vague memory of a tantalizingly interesting summer 2000 show I knew I didn't understand. And as we've recently seen, both in contacting Juli and in contacting Jessica, this board of Fanforum continues to serve as an indispensable focus for the fan community.

And that's just the factual stuff -- it excludes any progress we may have made in understanding the show. That said, there's a lot that remains to be done. For example:

-- The Wikipedia article on YA might be improved.

-- It would be interesting to find out what YA original footage exists, what original production scripts still exist, and where they are located.

-- Somebody really does need to interview Steven Antin and/or Joseph Voci to ask about the narrative perspective, the apparent anachronisms, the whole apparent adult level of meaning that the WB teen audience could hardly have grasped in 2000.

-- Above all, we need a critical appreciation of YA published in an edited venue (not a fansite), something that a Wikipedia article could cite (Wiki rules prohibit citing fan material). The fact is that no article about or review of Young Americans published in any edited venue is based on viewing of more than the first four episodes -- most are based only on the first episode. Given that information one needs to understand the whole show is given only at the end of the last episode -- notably the information that Scout and Bella are not in fact half-siblings, and that Krudski is narrating not from the present but from some time long after the events he has recalled or imagined -- that means that no published review of or article about YA in any edited venue could possibly convey an understanding of the show.

Last edited by Finnegan; 11-02-2011 at 04:28 PM
Old 11-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

We have come a long way. I'm not sure how likely it is that the ~goals you've set for fandom can be achieved, but I guess you/we can always try.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll interview Steve Antin yeah, I wish but I do hope someone does it

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 11-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

You interviewing him could certainly be interesting Yeah, let's hope it happens, someday...!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:52 AM
Loyal Fan

The new, improved Strawberry Lane

Take a look at what Jessica's done with Julianna's

fansite.

Improved, but in subtle ways. The basic structure and visual appearance remain unchanged. Nicely done, I think.

Best of all, the site still has an authoritatively factual "reference site" tone. Now more than ever, in fact.

And Jessica's had search engine bots crawl it, and put links to it online in various places, so now if you google for "Strawberry Lane" and "Young Americans," it pops right up.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

quite rare to come across YAfanfic so here's one:

Devotion to Fictional Characters - Away, With My Heart
ETA: NC-17-rated!

Last edited by wolkenfuehlen; 04-20-2012 at 03:57 AM