Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-31-2005, 05:36 AM
Elite Fan

Nicky, I love your new Jared obsession and all the pretty Jared avatars you keep using. Yay for real-person slash.

I want to see Willy Wonka, too! I think I'll go and see it right after they start airing it here next week.
Old 07-31-2005, 05:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen
Nicky, I love your new Jared obsession and all the pretty Jared avatars you keep using. Yay for real-person slash.
I just love this pose he's in with the current avatar. It's so sad - probably the saddest point in the movie.

Is Willy Wonka out already? Did you enjoy it Jesse? It looks so good. I just can't get over the fact that Johnny Depp used Marilyn Manson as inspiration. Heaven.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 08-01-2005, 03:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

My beautiful Fluffy:

This photo is a few years old, so he's not looking as "cute". He's about 8 now, but still acts like a kitten. Very playful!

Yeah, the 3 headed dog in "HP" was named Fluffy also.

Anyone else reading/read the new book?

Being a huge JRM fan, I still haven't watched "Alexander"!

Anyone seen "Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind"? That movie rocks!

Right now I've been watching "American Gothic" (TV series) episodes. I had the hugest crush on Lucas Black. Has anyone seen this show before? It was out mid '90s...

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 08-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

Ooh, fluffy kitty!

I'd read the new HP the day it came out. Was involved in some pretty heated discussions for a couple of days, and then I got over it.

I thought Eternal Sunshine was a bit overrated, actually. Charlie Kaufman hit his highpoint with Being John Malkevich and I thought everything after that was a bit of a downhill slide. Especially Adaptation - what the was that ? It had a good premise but everything just fully fell apart in the end. Eternal Sunshine was better but I don't think it's as good as everyone's making it out to be.

Old 08-08-2005, 04:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm just over halfway reading it through for the second time. After that, I might read "The Stand" again, even though it made me sick/paranoid/nightmares.

I just finished watching "American Gothic", it made me have really weird vivid nightmares.

Right now, I can't wait until the DVD release of "Undeclared" woo-hoo!

Hanson are releasing "The Best Of Hanson: Live And Electric" in October. I'm not too keen on the cover art though. This CD will be using the recordings from their 2 Melbourne shows. I feel so lucky!

Anyone have a huge crush? For me, it's been Gabriel Mann, such a talented and terribly under rated actor. Ho hum.

I've made a ton of Lij avvies, here are some of my faves...

Obviously, my opinions on "Eternal..." would be bias. I haven't seen Kaufman's other films, but would love to.

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 08-08-2005, 12:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

"Charlie..." was awesome!!! I saw it again with my mother today, and it improves every time I see it (or clips from it).

There was an advert at the movies on Saturday for a new flick out soon called "Green Street", starring Elijah Wood and Charlie Hunnam. Appears to be about football hooliganism. I was falling asleep but then really scared my boyfriend by sitting bolt up and staring intently at the screen, saying "Is that . . . ? Cuz he looks like . . ." etc until they showed the credits screen.

I got a new tattoo!!! It's a little fleur-de-lis on my thigh, really tiny but I like it. Got it done earlier today.

Those avvies are really cool Brek!

I'm Just A Riddle, Wrapped Up In Mystery, Surrounded By Bitch.....
Old 08-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

So they're calling it "Green Street" in the UK? Is it called "Hooligans" in the States still? I'm so confused with the naming of that film. I just hope they're showing it here.

Would love to see a pic of the new tattoo Jesse.

Cool avatars Brek. What's American Gothic about? I vaguely recall the name but don't know if I just imagined it.

Old 08-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

Nice avatars Brek.

They're calling it "Green Street" now? I thought they were going for "Green Street Hooligans" - or is that only in the States?

I'd love to see a picture of your tattoo as well, Jesse.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

It's just weird that movies would have different names in different countries. I liked "Hooligans" the best, I think.

My shiny new obsession:

CRISPIN GLOVER!

Quote from behind the scenes on "Willard":
"Everybody thinks that when you meet him, he's about to kick you in the head or smething. Or just he's into really weird things, or he's going to behave irrationally or something. That's not what I found.
You'll really have to be well-versed on a lot of different things to be able to run with him."

I love Renaissance men.

Old 08-11-2005, 03:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

Jesse, so cool that you got to see a "Green Street" trailer! I'd freak out if I saw one... I can't wait to see this movie, I've been a huge fan of Elijah for a long time now. I think he's amazing.

You have to show us your tatts too.

"American Gothic"? Ugh, I couldn't explain it properly.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111880/
http://www.scifi.com/americangothic/
http://www.jumptheshark.com/a/americangothic.htm
http://www.garycole.net/tv/ag/
http://www.angelfire.com/ok/nuridin/
http://www.cyberpursuits.com/heckifiknow/ag/

Check 'em out...

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 08-11-2005, 04:36 AM
nki
Absolute Fan

Love the Creepy Thin Man. i like the last av, too. Brek..

Gabriel Mann, Abandon and Life of David Gale, right? I knew he looked familiar...

^see this? i think i want it....

...bad.

I've been pretty busy, and finals are coming up. I'm not that good with time management, so I've been trying hard not to post/ lurk.....much.

Old 08-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Elite Fan

Nikki, good luck with your finals! I know you'll do well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversun
It's just weird that movies would have different names in different countries. I liked "Hooligans" the best, I think.
I completely agree. Especially since "Green Street" or "Green Street Hooligans" seems a lot more complicated than simply "Hooligans". Why confuse the viewer?
Old 08-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

Do NOT get me started on this!!!

I still can't get over the fact that they replace English movie titles with different English titles here in Germany. It's the stupidest thing ever! (I won't even start how pathetic the attempted translations to German are)

Just a few examples: "A view from the top" was suddenly "Flight Girls" here in Germany.
"Cradle to the Grave" was "Born 2 Die"
and the silliest thing ever:

"Cellular" was "Final Call"

Need I say more?
Old 08-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

it is weird. i don't even know what "Green Street" is. not that i have any interest in football whatsoever, but i never even heard of it.

i remember an Eddie Izzard sketch once when he was complaining that he though the movie "Speed" was going to be called "La Vitesse" in Fren ch, but it was just called "Speed" (only said with a French accent, making it sound like "Spid"). that's kind of an opposite example. it's weird though . . .

ooh, a new tattoo Jesse? i wanna see! i've never been brave enough myself, but i love other people's!!
Old 08-12-2005, 05:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

Looks very creepy indeed. His name is Crispin Glover?

Yeep, Gabe was in "Abandon" and "Life Of David Gale". I also love "Josie And The Pussycats" and "Things Behind The Sun".

What do Interpol sound like? I bought that album (without the DVD) for a penpal once...

I've just bought "Undeclared" and "3rd Rock" DVD's from amazon. I nearly caved about bought "The Muppet Show", but I'll be buying "Roseanne", "Lost" and "The O.C." season 2 soon.

Changing a movie title so many times would be confusing. I know in Australia they sometimes change the title, or add an extra bit.

Nearly finished reading "HP" for the second time. I might read "The Stand" next, even though it made me so paranoid and gave me nightmares for months!!! Anyone else seen the movie or read the book?

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek