Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Lonely Hearts Club - OT Thread #14: Nobody Here Has Watched Lord of the Rings?! :O

New thread, I shall continue on from the last discussions and say 'you must all watch them
Seriously I love those movies, yeah they're a bit long (and the books are even longer) but the characters, the relationship, the special FX, everything is just awesome

Please tell me you've seen Star Wars

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 02-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Passionate Fan

I've never seen Star Wars, yet, ironically, I've seen Spaceballs(a Star Wars parady from the 80's) several times. I don't know why.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw Spaceballs once many many years ago, didnt think it was very funny,

Star Wars is awesome Best movie ever, Luke Skywalker = Best movie character ever

Old 02-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Passionate Fan

Spaceballs is really hookey, cheesy 80's fun. It's not funny-funny, it's just something that's so bizarre you can't turn away.

I've been housesitting for the past several days(which is kinda why I've not been posting much), and being alone in a big house has made me realize I could never live on my own. I'm just not built for it. I need to talk constantly for some reason, I need someone to laugh at my jokes and bicker with.

The person I'm living with now kind of made mention that he was giving thought to moving out and I was like ''Dude, you can't. I'd go insane with no one to talk to!'' We've formed our own little bond. We argue, we laugh, we know how to handle each other and that kind of friendship is rare I don't see how I could ever find that again.

So, who here lives alone and who here does the roommate/family thing?
Old 02-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do the familt thing and I would go insane if I were living alone, I have a tendency to talk a lot and even when noones there to listen I talk to myself, ... which can often result in weird looks from strangers so I think if I were living alone Id probobly never get off the internet/phone

Old 02-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Um, I've seen the whole LoTR trilogy I'm not a big fan or anything, but my family and I have this tradition of going to the movies on Christmas Day and we always try to pick the big holiday blockbuster, so three years in a row we watched the LoTR movies. And that's my story.

I still live with the family. I don't really have a reason to move out, because my school is in this city & hey, no rent! But it doesn't really bother me, because I have a really weird schedule so I spend a lot of time at home alone. I can really do the alone thing. If you put me in a social setting, yeah I'll talk and laugh and have fun. I love doing that. But I can also spend a whole day alone with no one else. In total silence. But only because I honestly believe whatever is going on in my head is more interesting and worthwhile than what's going on in the real world. And that might not be too healthy
Old 02-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, I can do the alone thing to an extent, but after awhile I'll start climbing the walls.

*sigh* I just found out the drummer from my favorite band, Better Than Ezra(<--see icon) is leaving the group to join Sugarland(a hugely successful country act, I actually really liked their singles beforehand, but now I'm just bummed that they stole him ) full time. I'm actually sad because I've been listening to them since I was 13. I met a lot of friends through that band. Including my last boyfriend. Ah, I hate change.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Love the new thread name! I have only seen the first LOTR in the theaters and I fell asleep. And I never tried to see it again or watch any of the other ones. It just never interested me, which always makes me look like a huge looser in front of die hard fans, which seems to be just about every other person I meet.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Passionate Fan

LOTR is kind of like Monty Python to me. I constantly hear about how amazing and brilliant it is, yet I just don't understand it.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Loyal Fan

There are so many "classics" that I just haven't even had time to watch yet, let alone enjoy. And there are some that I have watched and didn't care for. It doesn't really bother me when someone doesn't agree with my taste.

Well, there was one instance where that happened. My ex didn't like The Beatles. The Beatles. Obviously this was a sign that the relationship was doomed.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by melon_collie (View Post)
There are so many "classics" that I just haven't even had time to watch yet, let alone enjoy. And there are some that I have watched and didn't care for. It doesn't really bother me when someone doesn't agree with my taste.

Well, there was one instance where that happened. My ex didn't like The Beatles. The Beatles. Obviously this was a sign that the relationship was doomed.
He didn't like the Beatles!? Clearly that was not going to work out.

By the way Teri love the new Aviator. I loved the episode where Jenny was a waitress and she found out about Marina and in the process completely ignored her costumers. Classic Jenny. That is where the pic is from right?
Old 02-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

I have seen the LoTR trilogy when they first came out at the cinema. I catch them every time their on tv. But what I can't do is watch them one after the other in direct succession. If I did, I'd be screaming at Frodo, "Will you get there already?!"

We laugh every time we see the part where Faramir's dad is burning him alive. The dad was such a drama queen!

I have seen Star Wars too all 6 episodes. I thought it was cheesy to put Hayden at the end of Return of the Jedi as the ghost of Anakin Skywalker.

I still live with my family. I haven't tried doing the 'alone' thing but I think I could hack it. In college I learned to do stuff by myself. The first time eating alone (as in all by myself without friends or classmates) was daunting but I got used to it because none of my friends had the same schedule and I didn't care much for my classmates. The first time I watched a movie all by myself was pretty uncomfortable too but I got used to it. I did it not because I really wanted to see the movie but because I had time to kill while waiting for some city hall bureaucrat to process my papers.

Last edited by lovea; 02-12-2009 at 04:27 AM
Old 02-12-2009, 09:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by avasadie (View Post)
By the way Teri love the new Aviator. I loved the episode where Jenny was a waitress and she found out about Marina and in the process completely ignored her costumers. Classic Jenny. That is where the pic is from right?
Yup yup. One of the many facets of Jenny. Although it was funnier when she was waitressing at The Planet and she lasted, like, a day. The look on Billie Blaikie's face was classic.

And I like you avatar too. I use the original b&w version of it as my background
Old 02-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

I actually did see all of Star Wars, so I'm not completely out of the loop.

I currently live with my dad, but once uni starts I move back into my own little flat (though I do drive home to check up on my dad every weekend). I actually have to say that I love living alone, at least for a couple of years. I mean, I have a habit of talking to myself, too, but I think that actually started long before I ever moved out for the first time. It's more a way of me collecting my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by street serenade (View Post)
*sigh* I just found out the drummer from my favorite band, Better Than Ezra(<--see icon) is leaving the group to join Sugarland(a hugely successful country act, I actually really liked their singles beforehand, but now I'm just bummed that they stole him ) full time. I'm actually sad because I've been listening to them since I was 13. I met a lot of friends through that band. Including my last boyfriend. Ah, I hate change.
I feel your pain. Just happened to one of my favourite bands, Placebo, two years ago. Whenever I think of the band I still think of the 'old' drummer. With the new drummer, it feels like a whole new band to me.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by street serenade (View Post)
*sigh* I just found out the drummer from my favorite band, Better Than Ezra(<--see icon) is leaving the group to join Sugarland(a hugely successful country act, I actually really liked their singles beforehand, but now I'm just bummed that they stole him ) full time.
I always thought band members ditching their old bands in favor of another is like selling out. I feel the same way about cast members getting some fame then leaving the show that made them famous. That's why I had a lot of respect for the Friends cast. They negotiated together like a collective bargaining agreement so the show could go on with a complete cast as long as both the actors and the network were happy.