Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-28-2009, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Lonely Hearts Club #16 - See? No mention of Fever OR Vampire Academy in this title, Im THAT good.

Soo new thread time

Last thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken|smile
Yay for a large paycheck then

Well the files Ive downloaded so far have been .avi files, but Im pretty sure the software I have lets me download torrents as well, as long as they're not too large you know, ... less than 500MB I think

I havent seen that movie but it does seem very interesting I mostly know Geena Davis from 'Long Kiss Goodnight' or is that what it was called where she was an assasin who forgot who she was, Ive seen that movie loads of time

Well good thing I havent seen the original, I dont have anything to compare the tv show with
Now you've reminded me of my Spice Girls obsession
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen
Sheida, you gotta try watching 10 Things asap. So so amazing.

I'm always annoyed when people complain about remakes and how they'll "ruin" the original. The original is still there and still great, so how exactly does the ruining work? The one thing that annoyed me with the 10 Things tv show was that news about it got out quite recently after Heath's death, and it seemed they were only trying to make money. But I've gotten over that now, and I think I'll give the show a try asap, I've heard pretty good things so far.

I had a girlcrush on Geena Davis in A League of Their Own before I ever knew what girlcrushes were. It's been years since I watched the movie, but I remember it was pretty cute. Wasn't Madonna in it, too?
I will, next time its on, I dont care where I am, Im getting home to watch it ASAP.

I dont mind remakes (though come see me if they ever announce a Star Wars remake, Ill be pulling my hair out) I wish people wouldnt rule them off just cause they're remakes you know, they should at least give it a shot, the show's pretty cute, kinda funny and yeah I think the thing most people are pissed about is that they're saying 'no one can ever replace Heath' ... whch I agree with, but ... we wouldnt have these complaints if he was alive would we?

And BTW how much do you love the title?

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 08-29-2009, 03:53 AM
Elite Fan

New thread! I'm very proud that you didn't mention Fever or VA in the title, good job

You're right, people wouldn't be saying that if he was still alive.

I heard there's gonna be a US remake of Skins, and I'm very interested to see how that will turn out. Btw, have your DVDs arrived yet, Sheida?
Old 08-29-2009, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Im very proud too Im not bugging people into reading anymore though I missed out the 'OT thread' part in the title and will eventually have to shorten it so I can fit that in

Do you have a site for me to download them from? cause that would be extra helpful, if not then Im gonna order them like ... yesterday

Old 08-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Passionate Fan

I think remakes should be considered separate entities from the originals. Like judge it as it stands, because there's no use in comparing, it's never going to have the same feel and atmosphere as the original. As far as the 10 Things.. series goes I've heard it has some smart writing (''Turn off NPR it's giving me menapause'' )
Old 08-29-2009, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

Sheida, I totally thought you had already ordered Skins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by street serenade (View Post)
I think remakes should be considered separate entities from the originals. Like judge it as it stands, because there's no use in comparing, it's never going to have the same feel and atmosphere as the original.
Yep, that's exactly what I mean. People should enjoy the remake as it is, and not waste time comparing and criticizing every single detail that was changed.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Anja - Yeah, ... my bad, I was supposed to order it though I did find a download last night and I got episode one, Ill watch it real soon and Ill get the rest tonight

Yeah, I agree, the movies should be judged as individuals, which is why Im so glad most of the time I havent seen the originals
10 things does have some good writing, its better than I thought it would be

Old 08-30-2009, 02:36 AM
Elite Fan

Don't watch it soon, watch it now! I love that show so much

Waaah, I hate essay deadlines. What I hate even more is finding new obsessions (*points to icon*) that I can procrastinate with instead of working on said essay. *slaps self*
Old 08-30-2009, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I did watch it now wow, it had a lot of sex didnt it? Im not used to tv shows like that but it was certainly interesting, I really liked Sid and Cassie, the others Im a bit meh about so far, and OMG Dev Patel Makes me wanna watch Slumdog again

Ooh Ive been meaning to ask you about your icon, what is it of?

What do you have to write an essay on?

Old 08-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Passionate Fan

Sheida, your icon is beautiful! And hey last night I was answering my PMs on YouTube(someone requested I vid Nicky's fic in a way, well, the Hamilton/Jake/Spencer storyline and dare I say I think I might be up for the challenge because I want to try something new with Sony Vegas) and started clicking around and came onto a Mortal Instruments fanvid in which the creator used Charlie Hunnam for the character Jace. There are a ton of them, but have you seen that one by any chance? Can you access YouTube any? If not I totally have to convert it and get that to you. It even made me squee and I haven't gotten to the books yet(they're in my cart on Amazon.com though)
Old 08-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Elite Fan

Sheida it does Not as much as Queer as Folk, but certainly more than your normal US teen show Sid/Cassie I adore Dev Patel, I'm strangely proud of him for doing Slumdog and becoming so well known. What did you think of Maxxie? He's my favourite (and no, not just because he's gay )

The seminar I have to write the essay for focused on German political parties, and we are free to choose any topic related to that. I decided to write on the National Democratic Party of Germany and whether it should be banned or not. Seemed like an interesting topic at the time, but I'm just not motivated.

The two lovely boys in my icon are Roman&Deniz from a German soap. They first got together on the show two years ago and I shipped them so much and then one of them was an idiot and decided he was straight after all But they're just in the process of getting back together now after all this time and I'm such a fangirl again Their complete storyline (with subtitles!) is available online, in case you have too much time on your hands.

Nicole, damn, now I need to read Mortal Instruments after all! There should be a movie version and Charlie should be in it. With pretty hair.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nicole - Thanks, isnt it just? reading Blood Promise has totally made me obsessed again
Oh My GOD Charlie as JACE??? He's like double the age that Jace should be but gaaah he totally looks the part, he'd be perfect if he were younger I havent seen that no, Ive seen a couple but always with Alex Pettyfer, I can download youtube videos through third party sites so just umm post the link here, thank you so much
and youre gonna love MI

Anja - oh wow Queer as folk has more sex thanSkins? wow, now thats saying something, it was definately a change for me cause most my tv shows are censored here you know so Ill be lucky if a kiss stays in lol I went on the Skins board and people were discussing Maxxie and ummm is it weird that I cant remember who he was? I was paying too much attentio - oh wait, he's the tap dancing guy right? oooh I did like him

Good luck on your essay, I have ... no idea about that topic

i might just check that out, since I do have a bit of time on my hands, they look cute together

Old 08-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken|smile (View Post)
Nicole
Oh My GOD Charlie as JACE??? He's like double the age that Jace should be but gaaah he totally looks the part, he'd be perfect if he were younger I havent seen that no, Ive seen a couple but always with Alex Pettyfer, I can download youtube videos through third party sites so just umm post the link here, thank you so much
and youre gonna love MI
Well, in the notes the creator said that it's slightly AU(and there's a large explanation about that but I don't know if you want me to post it) and Charlie is supposed to portray older Jace(there's another actor who portrays the younger version). My only complaint is that they used Katie Holmes for Clary and, I don't know, I read a bunch of reviews for the series a couple weeks ago and from all of the readers comments about her, I just pictured someone really different, but still, it's a pretty video.
YouTube - Clary/Jace - Let Me Sign (Mortal Instruments AU)
Old 08-31-2009, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh right, then he'd be perfect for older Jace, Im gonna have to check that video out tonight when my downloads free
Katie Holmes as Clary? Uh noooo I mean I can kinda see why they would choose her but no young Clary is kinda someone like ... Alexz Johnson or Emily Browning

Anja - I watched episode 2 of Skins and I liked this one better than the last one, I flove Cassie, she is the most adorable thing ever, and Sid/Cassie is all kinds of love and at Anwar's weird praying cause he was doing it all wrong

Old 08-31-2009, 10:02 AM
Elite Fan

Sheida, yay, you like Maxxie! And Cassie! Gosh, as soon as my essay is done I need to rewatch Skins, I'm totally in the mood now!

That video is gorgeous!
Old 08-31-2009, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That video was beautiful and Charlie at his absoloute hottest Abandon is perfect for Jace/Clary scenes

You should rewatch it shouldnt you have handed in your essay yesterday? or is it due next monday?