Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2009, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I mean those two even had enough chemistry on paper to make me int a huge fan of the show, wheras I didnt even remember the other characters names after reading the scripts

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 01-14-2009, 05:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by avasadie (View Post)
I don't think I ever would have recovered from a blow like that! We would never have seen all those great Jahammer kisses and snuggles.
They still would, except Ham still doesn't know Jake's secret. It would've been fun to see him reluctant to do it but really getting carried away and getting into it.

Example, they'd be force to kiss publicly like a stage play (Rawley girls vs Rawley boys). Of course there would be a kiss on the actual performance plus a rehearsal kiss where Jake would say "We gotta practice" and "It's not like we haven't done it before."
Old 01-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by avasadie (View Post)
Without Jake and Ham I never would have taken an interest to the show. And to be honest if we had never seen them get together, I am not I would have stayed a fan for so many years.
I think there is only so much suspense a fan can take. If they had carried on with the story without Ham finding out and them getting together for more than, let's say, two seasons, I probably would've given up on them, too.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
I think there is only so much suspense a fan can take. If they had carried on with the story without Ham finding out and them getting together for more than, let's say, two seasons, I probably would've given up on them, too.
Same here. I tend to get annoyed when shows drag out the "suspense" of a couple getting together for too long. I guess I am sort of an immediate gratification kind of person.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
in the hypothetical scenario that the show was ubersuccessful, and within weeks had already been renewed for a second season,

Jake reveals her secret to Ham as a cliffhanger in the season one finale. How mean would that have been?
I personally think this could've worked. Then the very certain season 2 would start off on that revelation scene and Ham's reaction. But once the secret is out, it has got to remain out (at least between the two of them).

How about this scenario: The production does not show us that Jake is really a girl from the get go, we find out only when Ham finds out ???
Old 01-15-2009, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like shows where couples have to overcome obstacles to be with eachother, most shows just have couples together like 3 episodes into the first season and well it can get kind of tiring after about 6 seasons of them just constanstly breaking up and getting back together, so if we were to have a longer YA I would have liked more suspense but seeing as we didnt, it was fine the way it was

About not knowing Jake was a girl, I think it would have been harder to enjoy Hamiltons dumb moments and see him trying to cope with having feelings for Jake, besides I think most of the excitement was that we knew Jake was a girl who liked him but she couldnt tell him anything
I dunno though, might have been cool to find out with Hamilton, I can just imagine the gaps

Old 01-15-2009, 07:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Wednesday (View Post)
well it can get kind of tiring after about 6 seasons of them just constanstly breaking up and getting back together,
Amen to that!!! I've just had it up to my eyeballs with Meredith and Derek in Grey's Anatomy doing that! If it weren't for Cristina and the new Major Hunt -- I would've stopped watching that show last season!

Quote:
About not knowing Jake was a girl, I think it would have been harder to enjoy Hamiltons dumb moments and see him trying to cope with having feelings for Jake,
Actually one of my favorite Hami scenes (where I thought Ian really showed his mettle as an actor) was when he asked to talk to Jake in the middle of the dance floor in CinderBella. You could see his eyes switch from "I'm willing to do this" to "Nah, I don't think I can" in a split-second. I mean if your eyes could talk like that, you're a real actor, a thespian even.

Quote:
I dunno though, might have been cool to find out with Hamilton, I can just imagine the gaps
I remembered this twist from Sidney Sheldon's Windmills of the Gods. His assassin's name is Angel. By the way the story progressed, I and the investigators in the story thought Angel was a man. In the end, it turned out that Angel was a fat, unattractive woman who looked like a fishmonger's wife or a laundry woman. I had to backtrack thru the pages to see if Sheldon used the female pronoun only to realize that he had cleverly avoided using a pronoun for the character. This twist also translated to the tv-movie of that book.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovea (View Post)
How about this scenario: The production does not show us that Jake is really a girl from the get go, we find out only when Ham finds out ???
Argh, I am undecided. One the one hand, I love those surprising gasp moments when you find out something huge together with the characters. On the other hand, I really enjoy when I know something the characters don't know, and I get a chance to giggle, for example, at poor Ham questioning his sexuality. I love to see him suffer, have I mentioned that?
Old 01-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I meant to say gasp too, not gaps

And I definately know what you mean about Ian being a great actor at being able to portray that much emotion through his eyes and like Anja said, I like to see Hamilton suffer so Id have loved to see him going through all that whilst knowing that there was no need for him to worry about his sexuality.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
in the hypothetical scenario that the show was ubersuccessful, and within weeks had already been renewed for a second season,
Say we got 20 episodes for the first season -- if you're not amenable to the revelation being the season ender cliffhanger, what episode number would you think is acceptable for the revelation?

Would you prefer a revelation -- as in Jake revealing her secret, or an accidental discovery?
Old 01-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd like a revelation, cause I think accidental discovery's are kinda cliche and it sort of annoys me when people in movies or shows find out huge secrets by accident all the time and then they get the whole 'I've been betrayed' look on their face

Old 01-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

An accidental discovery, however, gives birth to the "reverse" revelation -- where the discoverer reveals that he already knows the secret.

There's also the possibility of a "reverse" confusion -- whereby, in this case, Ham is able to really get into the romantic twists because, by now, he knows it's okay. And it's Jake getting all confused ... "Does he like me as a girl or as a guy?"
Old 01-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

While the whole reverse confusion could've been fun, I think I would've preferred the big revelation scene (that we actually did get) to it. It just shows that Jake likes him so much she has to tell him, because she can't take confusing him anymore.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh yeah the reverse confusion does seem fun but I dont think it would have worked with these two, an issue this big and a person like Hamilton who is pretty much kind of confronting would not have been able to keep his knowlege a secret long enough to confuse Jake

Old 01-18-2009, 06:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It just shows that Jake likes him so much she has to tell him, because she can't take confusing him anymore.
Unlike us who want to torture Hamilton much, much longer and more and more often.