Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

I just think elephants can totally improve any show. And then imagine it would have been a baby elephant! Can you see Grace and Bella hosing it down, giving it a bubble bath at the petrol station? That scene would have been a winner for sure.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 03-24-2012, 12:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
A baby elephant! Can you see Grace and Bella hosing it down, giving it a bubble bath at the petrol station?
Talk about hard to please. You're given two 1949-vintage trucks, and you want an elephant? Those old trucks are the size of an elephant. They're as tall as Bella even when she's standing up.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:14 AM
Elite Fan

Well, first of all it was a baby elephant (although I wouldn't have been picky). I understand the appreciation for vintage vehicles in a way but in my personal opinion a baby elephant has a bit more charisma. Plus I always found the commercial cliché of young pretty women in tight shorts and shirts cleaning a guy's car kind of tacky. Definitely nothing I would want to see Bella and Grace being subjected to. But then, I'm I woman.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 03-25-2012, 06:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

I was going to suggest that an elephant would be such an odd thing to randomly put in a show but then i remembered that scene from Sunshine Sketches Of A Little Town where they pretty much do just that. But i don't think Mr Antin was aiming for a comedy. I want a 1939 bicycle and a 1929 truck and a 1989 mobile phone

And of course, more of Dean Flemming. Cuckolding an absentee character is either intentionally compounding too much or a careless error.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:16 AM
Elite Fan

These are all good things to aim for. I stick to the baby elephant though. Comedy - perhaps, I like random things but if you will, have a circus come to town or something. Going to the circus or carnival... also strikes me as a bit retro, no. Maybe only where I live.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We could have it as a romantic gesture, a dream that involves an Indian style ride on an elephant? no?

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 03-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

That'd be cute, I think!

Jessica, agreed. More Dean Fleming, more of a lot of the parent characters.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

Sheida - I'm all for it as long as there's an elephant.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I always found the commercial cliché of young pretty women in tight shorts and shirts cleaning a guy's car kind of tacky. Definitely nothing I would want to see Bella and Grace being subjected to. But then, I'm I woman.
Neither of the two 1949-vintage green trucks (white-painted painted bumpers, predating chrome) is "a guy's car." They're both always at Charlie's garage. Evidently they belong to him. And Bella's always working on them. In episode 1, she tells Scout that she's hoping that Charlie will give her the one she's currently working on for her 18th birthday.

A 1949 truck - just what every girl wants for her birthday. But Scout says nothing. Nobody ever says anything about any of the conspicuous anachronisms at Bella's garage. The 1930's coke machines, the coke in glass bottles that it dispenses, the 1940s gas pumps with collars for gas globes, the ancient radio and the ancient air pump, the 1920s architecture of the garage canopy (a custom-built set prop) ... nobody ever says anything about any of that. Like they're all perfectly at home in a time warp ...
Old 03-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Elite Fan

Yes but she isn't working on it in a thong and a see through t-shirt. Is what I'm saying.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yes but she isn't working on it in a thong and a see through t-shirt. Is what I'm saying.
Not quite. But watch that first (anachronistically awesome) scene of YA 1 again. It starts 1:20 minutes into this clip.

When Bella bends over in those tight jeans to put her sponge back into the bucket ... imagine seeing that from Scout's perspective, rather than the camera's.

Early in episode 1, before the Scout-Bella story-line gets all angsty, Bella's pretty brazen, in a working-class "what you see is what you get" way.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I did and... everyone knows I'm not a teenage boy and I'm probably not a good enough lesbian to read much into it.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

And you've never tried seducing a guy who walks by while you are washing your dad's truck on a Sunday afternoon? Neither have i but it seems cliché enough it must be real and not just something they put in movies.

Speaking of bending over... the adverts at the top of the page for me are of adult diapers and corsets. It just seemed too funny to not mention.

I would have liked to see more of actual in-class scenes. It seemed like almost everything was not in a class room and yet this is a summer term at school. Did they really have that much free time between classes?
Old 04-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jessica - my adverts are a lotion for stretch marks

I would have liked to see class scenes as well they didn't only have Finn as a teacher did they?

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 04-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgre@ (View Post)
I would have liked to see more of actual in-class scenes. It seemed like almost everything was not in a class room and yet this is a summer term at school. Did they really have that much free time between classes?
It does seem that at summer term the higher ups are much more ... lenient with attendance etc. but yes, I too would have loved to see more in-class scenes or even just different teachers. Ah, the curse of only having eight episodes.

But I do think that, in general, you don't get a lot of in-class scenes on shows simply because things important for the storyline rarely happen in class and much rather after class/between classes. But we didn't get to see that, either, which is sad.
Did we actually see a class scene in a class room? All the Finn classes I can remember took place outside.