Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-03-2008, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

Episode Discussion - Episode 2 - Our Town

See also: Episode 1 - Pilot

Discuss away! I'm in a bit of a rush right now, so I'll post my thoughts later.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

Awww I'm sorry I wasn't able to join the pilot episode discussion, I was really meaning too but things got super hectic at uni and I had no time to watch the pilot episode again, I am so sorry.

I'll see if I can join the episode 2 discussion.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:48 AM
Loyal Fan

So, my thoughts on the episode:

First of all, I really don't like it that Will is lying to his best friend. If they're best friends, he should know that his best friend would be happy for him, and lies always have a tendency to come out in the open in the end, and that never goes well. Also, Sean is really hot

Listen to Scout, trying to convince Will (and himself) that he and Bella are "just friends" now. Nobody believes you, honey. I thought getting that job in order to be close to her is really sweet, though. I already said Scout was a real sweetheart, didn't I? Let me repeat that. As always, he seems a lot more in love with her than she with him.

Jake. First of all, she's gorgeous. I'm always surprised by that again. Even with the short spiky hair and the unflattering underwear, she's gorgeous. I really like the way she seems so comfortable in her own body, because that highlights the conflict – she's a girl, and she enjoys being a girl, but she still does this. I also like her tone when she writes the letter and looks at the "Rawley Boys" on the envelope – you can hear she doesn't really believe it'll help. I also like how she jumps when Hamilton speaks, and the look on her face when he says "I know" and pauses. She's like "what does he know? Does he mean 'I know you have breasts' or something else?" and Hamilton, the way he's floundering with his "I am! No, I'm not! I mean…" so adorable. It's like he's trying to convince himself more than her. And Jake is all like "what? What!? I cannot believe I'm really having this conversation. I'll go now – preferably somewhere I can hit my head repeatedly against the wall". And Hamilton's all like "right. Yeah…" *stare* "I'll be going now…"

I really like Scout. More than I did the last time I watched this. He's such a dork. And he's all excited and everything. And I like Bella's dialog. She's sassy.

Jake and Ham again. Why does Hamilton have, like, a gazillion dogs? Anyway, you can see how uncomfortable he is around her, and that's why he's all "what's this got to do with me?" but then he hates hurting her, so he offers to help in the end. And he can't help but smile back at her, but he's not liking this whole situation at all.

Sean and Will. It was obvious this would end badly. Stupid Will. Poor Sean.

Poor Scout, watching Sean put the moves on Bella. And then leaning on a gum someone left there. And Sean is taking out his anger with Will on Scout. But Scout's the better man, and he's not rising to the bait.

Party. Jeez, New Rawley sure has a lot of teenagers their age. Where did they keep them until now, in the closet?

Jake and Ham again. They don't have nearly enough scenes. For once, Jake's the dork. She's seen mission impossible one too many times. Hamilton with the lawnmowers? Cute. It's a funny scene. I love their laughs, especially Kate's.

The party, Scout and Bella. Bella doesn't really like it when Scout looks at other girls, does she? The fight between Sean and Scout – I understand where Sean was coming from, but he should've stepped off when Bella told him to. This is the only time I've actually felt sorry for Will, btw (when they tell him to leave, too). I really like the dialogs between Scout and Bella. Witty and with humor. And you can see how they want each other, and can't.

Jake and Ham bonding over mean parents. Aww. And Jake's telling him she's not gay? A little too late. Who has sketchy moments, anyway? But I like it when they smile at each other.

Ha! You got kicked of the team, Will! Good for Sean. And Will's feeling sorry for himself, yet again. And taking it out on Scout. Stupid Will. Don't know why Scout puts up with him. And then he goes and whines to Finn about how everything's messed up with Sean, when it's his own fault for hiding things from him in the first place. I wonder if Finn guides anyone else the way he does Will. Favoritism, much? I'd say so.

Bella telling Scout to cut Will some slack? Riiight.

Hamilton blowing Jake off. I get why he does it, though. And they're smiling at each other again! So cute. But Ham's really bipolar at the moment, isn't he?

Bella, Scout and Will. Unified against the Rawley jerks. We've already noticed Bella has a mean streak, haven't we? First that comment about that girl's feet, now the comment about cutting their breaks…

Will and Sean make up. You're lucky your friends are so forgiving, Will, Scout included. I would've got tired of you already.

So, those are my thoughts, can't wait to hear what you gues think.

Only dead fish go with the flow
Old 02-04-2008, 07:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

busy day i will be back to this
tilmorningcomes.com
Old 02-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Loyal Fan

What? No one else has anything to say?

Old 02-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

I'm soooo sorry I'm late with this. Life has just been terribly busy this week.

I just don't get how Will could've thought Sean wouldn't find out that he was now going to Rawley. I mean, Will's mum must've been psyched and told her friends, or someone must've seen Will in town with some Rawley kid (=Scout), or Bella must've told him. Obviously she doesn't know she's supposed to keep it a secret from Sean, why else would she practically invite Scout to Sean's party?

Quote:
I thought getting that job in order to be close to her is really sweet, though.
Gosh, it so is. I'm developing the hugest crush on Scout again while rewatching.

Quote:
I really like the way she seems so comfortable in her own body, because that highlights the conflict – she's a girl, and she enjoys being a girl, but she still does this.
I agree completely. It's not a case of "boys have it easier in life, I'll dress up as a boy". I'm not saying she hates being "one of the guys", but she certainly loves being a girl, she loves nailpolish and shopping and gossiping about boys.

Quote:
She's like "what does he know? Does he mean 'I know you have breasts' or something else?"
Definitely. And I loved how Ham tried to explain that he wasn't gay to Jake. He's so insecure.

When Will tells Sean he had stuff to do at the house, it's so obvious that he's lying.

Will was his whiny self again when he told his mum that he'd surely screw it up at Rawley at one point. That boy really needs some self-confidence.

I can totally understand why Sean is angry. His best friend kept something this important from him. Of course he'd feel like Will doesn't want him around anymore.

Quote:
Anyway, you can see how uncomfortable he is around her, and that's why he's all "what's this got to do with me?" but then he hates hurting her, so he offers to help in the end.
When she decides to leave, it's so obvious he's made up his mind (for now, at least) and that he wants Jake in his life and wants to help her.

The Felicity-watching groundskeeper is a classic! I love J/H giggling together in that scene. They just get along so well.

Quote:
Party. Jeez, New Rawley sure has a lot of teenagers their age. Where did they keep them until now, in the closet?

Ah, the inevitable Scout/Sean/Bella triangle. The joy.

Quote:
Bella doesn't really like it when Scout looks at other girls, does she?
Really? I actually really think Bella is over Scout already. Or, almost. She doesn't seem jealous at all when she tells Scout the name of the girl that walked past at the party. Scout, on the other hand, is so so jealous of Sean.

Quote:
This is the only time I've actually felt sorry for Will, btw (when they tell him to leave, too).
Yeah, me too. But then again, it's his own fault things turned out this way, right? He could've just told them, and maybe they would've been supportive, and he wouldn't have to choose a side.

I absolutely love the dialogues between Scout/Bella (and also Scout/Bella/Will), too. So fun!

Quote:
Will's feeling sorry for himself, yet again. And taking it out on Scout. Stupid Will.
Agreed. It's all Scout's fault again. Just like in the pilot with Will's cheating on the exam.

Why does Will tell Finn every single detail of his life when he's known him for 2 weeks and he's a teacher?

Quote:
I wonder if Finn guides anyone else the way he does Will. Favoritism, much? I'd say so.
Finn likes him. Wait, let's not go there.

Quote:
Hamilton blowing Jake off. I get why he does it, though. And they're smiling at each other again! So cute. But Ham's really bipolar at the moment, isn't he?
I hate how Ham later ignored her. It's really harsh to do that. But, I get why he did it... He wants her, but then again he's just scared. I mean, imagine being in his position! *cuddles Ham*

Sean = best friend ever. He's so supportive of Will and just sooo proud! Will doesn't even deserve him. I want him to be my best friend.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
I'm soooo sorry I'm late with this. Life has just been terribly busy this week.
Oh, poor you I hope life calms down a little for you soon.

Quote:
I just don't get how Will could've thought Sean wouldn't find out that he was now going to Rawley. I mean, Will's mum must've been psyched and told her friends, or someone must've seen Will in town with some Rawley kid (=Scout), or Bella must've told him. Obviously she doesn't know she's supposed to keep it a secret from Sean, why else would she practically invite Scout to Sean's party?
Yeah, I know. It's a small town and everything, too. I bet everyone is in each other's business.

Quote:
Gosh, it so is. I'm developing the hugest crush on Scout again while rewatching.
I know! I didn't really pay attention to him (or anyone else, for that matter) when I was watching it the first few times, because I was basically watching it for Kate. But now, because I have to comment on it and everything, I pay a lot more attention to him, and he's just so cute! If I didn't have such a huge crush on Kate already, I'd probably have a crush on him.

Quote:
I agree completely. It's not a case of "boys have it easier in life, I'll dress up as a boy". I'm not saying she hates being "one of the guys", but she certainly loves being a girl, she loves nailpolish and shopping and gossiping about boys.
I think she enjoys certain aspects of being a guy - you know, playing soccer and video games and being a computer wiz and everything, which people always frown upon a little when you're a girl. But I think she's really secure in her femininity, as well. And I bet Ham is a large part of her frustration, too

Quote:
Definitely. And I loved how Ham tried to explain that he wasn't gay to Jake. He's so insecure.
Yeah, he's all like "adda! Wibba! Blaugh..." you're not convincing anyone like that, Ham.

Quote:
When Will tells Sean he had stuff to do at the house, it's so obvious that he's lying.
Will was his whiny self again when he told his mum that he'd surely screw it up at Rawley at one point. That boy really needs some self-confidence.
I already said enough times how much I actually don't like Will, so I won't say it again.

Quote:
I can totally understand why Sean is angry. His best friend kept something this important from him. Of course he'd feel like Will doesn't want him around anymore.
Yeah, I think that's why he was so angry, too. It's not only that Will lied, but he also felt like Will was replacing him with Scout, who was "better" (rich, son of a senator, part of Will's new life and his rommate).

Quote:
When she decides to leave, it's so obvious he's made up his mind (for now, at least) and that he wants Jake in his life and wants to help her.

The Felicity-watching groundskeeper is a classic! I love J/H giggling together in that scene. They just get along so well.
Yeah, it's like he decides he's cutting all ties with her, but then she comes and he can't help but feel the way he feels, and it's too strong to actually let him push her away. And that scene in the basement is one of my favourite scenes. So adorable. I wrote that scene in my fic (I'm doing a rewriting of the episodes, only AU from "cinderbella" since Hamilton doesn't kiss her and find out she's a girl than) and I had so much fun with it!

Quote:
Really? I actually really think Bella is over Scout already. Or, almost. She doesn't seem jealous at all when she tells Scout the name of the girl that walked past at the party. Scout, on the other hand, is so so jealous of Sean.
I said before that I think Scout was a lot more in love with her than her with him, but I definetly think there was a little jealousy there. Come on, saying "biggest feet I ever saw on a girl" is really, really mean. It's deliberetly saying something off-puting about her when Scout seems interested.

Quote:
Yeah, me too. But then again, it's his own fault things turned out this way, right? He could've just told them, and maybe they would've been supportive, and he wouldn't have to choose a side.
Everything's Will's fault

Quote:
Why does Will tell Finn every single detail of his life when he's known him for 2 weeks and he's a teacher?
Will needs to whine to someone, and since he's alianated all his friends, he needs to find someone new. Plus, Finn's the only one actually interested in hearing him whine.

Quote:
Finn likes him. Wait, let's not go there.
Once a slasher always a slasher, ha Anja? I know how you feel.

Quote:
I hate how Ham later ignored her. It's really harsh to do that. But, I get why he did it... He wants her, but then again he's just scared. I mean, imagine being in his position! *cuddles Ham*
Jake=confusion. Remove source of confusion=feel better. Thus=remove Jake. That's Hamilton's line of thought. I thought he was harsh, too, but I get his reasoning, as well. I think it's a bit cowardly, but then again, I guess it's really frightening finding yourself insanely attracted to your guy friend after years of being attracted to only girls. Still, he does the right thing in the end so I can find it in my heart to forgive him

Quote:
Sean = best friend ever. He's so supportive of Will and just sooo proud! Will doesn't even deserve him. I want him to be my best friend.
I want him to be my boyfriend did I mention he's super hot?

Old 02-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I know. It's a small town and everything, too. I bet everyone is in each other's business.
Totally. That's why I wonder why Sean's mum didn't tell him over the dinner table or something. Like "Ellen said that Susan Krudski told her that Will is going to Rawley now".

Quote:
I think she enjoys certain aspects of being a guy - you know, playing soccer and video games and being a computer wiz and everything, which people always frown upon a little when you're a girl.
Yeah, just like having a motorcycle.

Quote:
I already said enough times how much I actually don't like Will, so I won't say it again.
No, don't bother. I know the feeling.

Quote:
Yeah, I think that's why he was so angry, too. It's not only that Will lied, but he also felt like Will was replacing him with Scout, who was "better" (rich, son of a senator, part of Will's new life and his rommate).
That's exactly what I meant. Sean must feel like Will wants to leave his whole townie life and his townie friends behind.

Quote:
I said before that I think Scout was a lot more in love with her than her with him, but I definetly think there was a little jealousy there. Come on, saying "biggest feet I ever saw on a girl" is really, really mean. It's deliberetly saying something off-puting about her when Scout seems interested.
Sigh, yeah, maybe. I think maybe Bella is just a lot more rational about the whole situation. Scout, though he may not be completely aware of it, is still flirty with her, no? God, I just feel so sorry for him.

Quote:
Will needs to whine to someone, and since he's alianated all his friends, he needs to find someone new. Plus, Finn's the only one actually interested in hearing him whine.
True. Again, I wonder why Finn bothers. He must have better things to do in his time than to listen to whiny teenage boys.

Quote:
I think it's a bit cowardly, but then again, I guess it's really frightening finding yourself insanely attracted to your guy friend after years of being attracted to only girls.
I wouldn't want to be in his position. Poor Ham.

Quote:
I want him to be my boyfriend did I mention he's super hot?
He is. How about, you get Sean, I get Scout. Deal?
Old 02-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Scout is still flirting with her, I agree. Poor Scout.

I want Kate. But I so wouldn't kick Sean out of my bed You really prefer Scout over Sean? But he's so... short. Sweet, but short guys really turn me off.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

I'm short, so I guess he'd still be taller than me. Besides, you just gotta love Scout. So sweet! And never underestimate the appeal of the man-boobs!

(We're already on episode 3 today and I think this might be the first time I mentioned the man-boobs! *gasp* )
Old 02-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Loyal Fan

How could have I forgotten the man-boobs! *gasp* but man-boobs don't really do it for me...

Old 04-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Passionate Fan

So...does anyone know what the phrase 'where's the pink of it all?' mean? I honestly haven't ever heard it before. *scratches head*
Old 04-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, I havn't heard it, but the meaning's quite clear

Old 04-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, heh.

Random note: Jake in a leather jacket=hot. I mean really, she totally looked like a super-cute boy in that outfit.

*blushes*
Old 04-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think it's a phrase that's used a lot. But I guess the meaning is pretty clear, isn't it?

Yeah, Jake is one of the cutest boys in the whole school.