Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-11-2014, 10:08 PM
Moderator Manager

Downton Abbey actor Robert James-Collier joins the Men in Blazers to talk about his love for Everton and why the club will surge back in the second half.

After the Pies with Robert James-Collier, Part 1 | NBC Sports

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:49 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Even though “Downton Abbey” is a period piece, the story lines of the upstairs family and the downstairs staff are ones that strike a chord with its modern audience.

Fusion’s Alicia Menendez sat down with Rob James-Collier, who plays the drama-starting Thomas Barrow. Thomas is a gay man — which, in the Edwardian era in England, is a criminal offense. But his struggle with his sexuality is not a plot device that can be regulated to the past.

“In all the other seasons when he was threatened to be exposed, he wasn’t ashamed or apologized for who he was,” James-Collier told Menendez. “For the first time ever we see Thomas question himself, his sexuality and who he is.”

Collier told Menendez that this season would be a defining one for Thomas, with a “harrowing” story line that was both rewarding and challenging as an actor.

“The craziest thing was that this thing still goes on today, which I was well amazed when I did the research,” he told Menendez.

Most “Downton” fans will better understand Thomas and his character on the show as the upcoming season progresses.

“If you’re ever going to understand it, this is the season, and if you don’t understand it after this, I’m not doing my job as an actor.”
Finally, we understand why Thomas is such a jerk on "Downton Abbey" -- Fusion

Old 12-17-2014, 05:05 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

^ That sounds interesting.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 12-18-2014, 12:54 AM
Moderator Manager

Actors Hugh Bonneville (Lord Grantham) and Rob James-Collier (Thomas Barrow) talk about season 5 of Downton Abbey and take questions from the audience.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
British actor Rob James-Collier joins guest host Piya Chattopadhyay to discuss his role as the ambitious and manipulative under-butler Thomas Barrow on the Masterpiece TV series Downton Abbey.

James-Collier reflects on playing a gay character at a time when homosexuality was outlawed and reviled, and how he steers clear of stereotypes to bring complexity to the role.
Rob James-Collier on playing Downton Abbey's devious under-butler | Q | CBC Radio

Old 03-12-2015, 08:15 PM
Moderator Manager

Rob met Kate when the Duchess visited the DA set yesterday.