Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2015, 10:37 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah I usually check there too and no mention of him at the BAFTAS.

I'm glad that Dan has a busy career ahead. But we do miss Matthew on D.A.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captivating (View Post)
Maybe I shouldn't watch it, because then I'll be attracted to a psycho and that can't be healthy...
Haha, sorry, but this post is golden! You can't help but be attracted to him in The Guest, despite the little fact that he's a total psycho! lol

I'm so excited for him to see his career really taking off! I truly wish him the best of luck! But yes, Lindsay, I miss the hell out of him on Downton!
Old 02-11-2015, 08:44 PM
Moderator Manager

I would love to read a fic of Matthew as a father.

Pics here of Dan filming a scene with Richard Gere for ‘Oppenheimer Strategies’ in Central Park in NYC.: Dan Stevens

Also, Dan at a British Council dinner in NY: GQ headed stateside to celebrate the best British fashion talent - GQ.co.uk (he shaved!)

x

Old 02-12-2015, 09:32 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the nice pics Lindsay, it makes up for the non BAFTA showing. good that he shaved for the occasion too. lol.

Yeah, it's a real shame we didn't get to see him as a dad in Downton, and the same for Sybil with little Sybbie, they would have been so great with their son and daughter, aww.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, who would have thought that after 3 seasons, our fave characters are already gone?

Here is another link to the BTS pics of Dan with Richard Gere: Dan Stevens films with Richard Gere on the New York set of Oppenheimer Strategies | Daily Mail Online

Old 02-13-2015, 08:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Yeah, who would have thought that after 3 seasons, our fave characters are already gone?

Here is another link to the BTS pics of Dan with Richard Gere: Dan Stevens films with Richard Gere on the New York set of Oppenheimer Strategies | Daily Mail Online
Thank goodness I've got other fave characters, Matthew's and Sybil's partners just to mention two, otherwise I would have stopped watching after season 3.
I probably missed them more in the beginning, now I've got used to them not being around, but every time you see George and little Sybbie, there's a pang of what could have been.

Cheers for the link Lindsay.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks for all the links, Lindsay!

Quote:

Also, Dan at a British Council dinner in NY: (he shaved!)

That's what I thought! Thank God he shaved!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
Yeah, it's a real shame we didn't get to see him as a dad in Downton, and the same for Sybil with little Sybbie, they would have been so great with their son and daughter, aww.
Yes, they would've been GREAT parents and such a lovely thing to have seen. When I watch the current seasons I think about that often and miss what could've been, but what can ya do? That's what fanfics are for I suppose. lol
Old 02-13-2015, 10:00 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, I've got other favorite characters too (Violet just to name another one) and I usually stop watching when I don't like the SLs of the show or one of my favorites died/exit the show. I don't know why I'm stubborn and I'm still watching.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I've got other favorite characters too (Violet just to name another one) and I usually stop watching when I don't like the SLs of the show or one of my favorites died/exit the show. I don't know why I'm stubborn and I'm still watching.
But I suppose if the actors choose to leave, then JF doesn't have many options when it comes to writing them out, he couldn't really have M&M splitting up, or the same plot with Sybil and Tom, it wouldn't make any sense, so sad as it is they have to be killed off.

And I don't think I could have stopped watching after that, I cared too much what would happen with Mary and Tom.

I feel the same about Violet too, her and Isobel's friendship is one more good reason why I still enjoy it.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:53 PM
Moderator Manager

Same with me. I want to see what happened to Mary & Tom after their deaths. I do think that if the show only had 3 seasons, we all probably got our happy endings.

@BernsteinJacob: Dan Stevens and Susie Hariet at the Moncler party...

Old 02-15-2015, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
But I suppose if the actors choose to leave, then JF doesn't have many options when it comes to writing them out, he couldn't really have M&M splitting up, or the same plot with Sybil and Tom, it wouldn't make any sense, so sad as it is they have to be killed off.

And I don't think I could have stopped watching after that, I cared too much what would happen with Mary and Tom.

I feel the same about Violet too, her and Isobel's friendship is one more good reason why I still enjoy it.
I think JF did the right thing in killing his character off, I really can't see any other way. I'm still watching because I just love the cast in general and want to continue to follow their journeys. I do hate to say goodbye to certain characters who are leaving after this season.

Oh and I adore the Dowager's friendship with Isobel, most certainly a highlight for me!

Quote:
Aww, I'm happy you hung in there, Lindsay! I love this show because there's nothing else like it on television so it's a refreshing piece of entertainment for me!
Old 02-15-2015, 08:52 PM
Moderator Manager

That's also another reason, I don't really watch a lot of period drama nowadays and American TV doesn't have a lot of these type of shows.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:15 PM
Moderator Manager

Dan is cast as the Beast in the movie adaptation of Beauty & the Beast! He will be in the movie opposite Emma Watson (Belle) and Luke Evans (Gaston).

Old 03-05-2015, 05:45 AM
Elite Fan

I saw that!!! So exciting!
Old 03-05-2015, 09:15 PM
Moderator Manager

I am so thrilled for him! He can sing so that's not gonna be a problem. I am however looking forward to the chemistry between the Beast & Belle. So I hope Dan hits it off well with Emma.