Supporters:

1. Countess
2. hlgreenie
3. Rastapopoulos
4. Lauren60
Previous thread: [1]
Old 09-13-2014, 05:32 AM
Moderator Manager

TFTNT! Fantastic start! I like what you did with the OP.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 09-14-2014, 09:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Tom Cullen was out and about last week promoting S5 and I must say he looked absolutely gorgeous while doing so!

I'm putting the link to his interview on the Lorraine program under the spoiler tag because they show a clip of a Mary/Tony S5 scene before the interview starts. The clip is quite spoilery...

Spoiler:

For those who don't want to be spoiled, here are a couple of gifs of Tom during the interview. Such a cutie!!

Old 09-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Extreme Fan

He seems to be the only one who is promoting series 5 at the moment, missed the interview but not crazy about him so that's okay.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:26 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for posting that under the tags. And yes, so far he's the only one I know who's out there promoting S5 which is good.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Poor Tom Cullen. Here he is a member of a large ensemble cast and he has to promote S5 all by his lonesome. He looked lonely. I guess he can't be part of the big Downton press events until Mary officially chooses Tony. I hope prior to S6 Michelle and Tom go out and promote the show together. It would be cute to see them interact out of character. They could talk about all things Mary and Tony. Or in the case of the Downton cast not talk about it. Here's hoping Tom will be out and about next year promoting S6 and that he will have some company!

Old 09-16-2014, 10:47 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, I figure he has to be part of the cast (like a series regular) to be able to go to the bigger press events and actually talk about the show. But I don't know how they do these in the UK though. Tom has been around for the most part last season so he should be part with the rest of the cast and going to these promo events.

Why is there a spider smilie there? Are you trying to not make me post here?

Old 09-16-2014, 10:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Maybe there is a good reason why he isn't part of the cast yet. Maybe because the couple Tony and Mary isn't official yet but it could also be that S5 ends in a different way we suspect so far.

We won't know for sure until S5 concluses.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:01 PM
Moderator Manager

And besides not everyone from the cast go to these events together. Brendan Coyle has been MIA with promoting for S5 as well.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SannraB (View Post)
Maybe there is a good reason why he isn't part of the cast yet. Maybe because the couple Tony and Mary isn't official yet but it could also be that S5 ends in a different way we suspect so far.

We won't know for sure until S5 concluses.
I agree. We have to wait and see how everything plays out. If Mary chooses Tony then I expect Tom Cullen will promote S6 with the rest of the cast. I am optimistic Tony will be "the one" but until I see it unfold on screen I won't believe it. There's really no telling what's going to happen. That's what makes it fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Why is there a spider smilie there? Are you trying to not make me post here?
Are you afraid of spiders? Sorry! It goes back to a post I did about Mary showing characteristics of a black widow. The puppy represents Tony and for kicks I thought I'd put the spider there to represent Mary. Don't worry, little spidey won't always make an appearance especially now that I know it could keep you from posting here. I'm hoping for more posters here not less!

A picture of Tony was featured recently as part of the countdown to "Downton Day". Mary too!

<---- Look! No spider! No worries!
Old 09-17-2014, 08:46 PM
Moderator Manager

Haha, yes I'm very scared of spiders. But those spider smilies are okay as long as they're not used to scare me away.

Awww, that's lovely! I do think Tony has a major story arc going in S5.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren60 (View Post)
I am optimistic Tony will be "the one" but until I see it unfold on screen I won't believe it. There's really no telling what's going to happen. That's what makes it fun!
I have no idea how this season will end. I read somewhere on Facebook that Evelyn Napier will also be part of S5 but i haven't found any further Information about it. In my opinion the end is totally open, i can't say who will be endgame and who not. At the moment Tony seems to have the best chances but on the other hand it's too obvious at the moment. You see them both together on covers of magazins, the trailers and pictures...but i believe that there will be still suprises in this season. The interaction is too simple and clear at the moment.

But i am sure in the fact that Tom Cullen will play a huge role in S5.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Yay! Season 5 is almost here!

It's been a long, tortuous wait that's for sure!

I have a strong feeling season five is going to be a GREAT one for Mary and Tony. It won't be smooth sailing. There will be starts and stops, twists and turns, ups and downs. I suspect it will be quite the dramatic journey filled with happiness and tons of angst. Doesn't that sound like fun? I really can't wait to see what's in store for Mary and Tony.

Here comes season five! Get ready! Hang on to your hat! Tighten up the corset! It's going to be a wild ride! I'm loving it already!

Here's a non-spoilerish S5 promo picture of Mary and Tony. I believe the original version had Tom in it as well. Sorry Tom. I love you but where Mary and Tony are concerned, three is definitely a crowd!

X

Old 09-22-2014, 06:15 AM
Moderator Manager

This was a great episode for these two. I believe Tony has been seeing Mary for quite some time and they are more keen with one another here. By the look of things, I can see a proposal (again) soon.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
This was a great episode for these two. I believe Tony has been seeing Mary for quite some time and they are more keen with one another here. By the look of things, I can see a proposal (again) soon.
Unfortunately, you could be right Lindsay, maybe poor Charles wasn't even in contention as we were led to believe from the last series, I can't say I'll ever warm to Tony, and I'm sorry to say Mary seems duller when she's in his company.