Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2014, 10:35 PM
Moderator Manager

Regarding that link:

Spoiler:

I agree about Daisy. We're used to having her around since S1 and we have seen the character develop so it will be a shame for her to leave.

And yeah the whole SL with Bates/Anna & Green just needs to end this season. I can't believe we still have to endure that this season. Not a good season for A/B story-wise. I'd rather take the drama of the rape last season over their non-existent SL this season.

Do you think that if Marigold is old enough to understand, Edith will tell her everything?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Regarding that link:

Spoiler:

I agree about Daisy. We're used to having her around since S1 and we have seen the character develop so it will be a shame for her to leave.

And yeah the whole SL with Bates/Anna & Green just needs to end this season. I can't believe we still have to endure that this season. Not a good season for A/B story-wise. I'd rather take the drama of the rape last season over their non-existent SL this season.

?
I couldn't agree more about the Bates/Anna drama, it's dragged on and on, and really needs to be resolved in the CS, preferably with a happy ending.

I'm sure Daisy won't remain a kitchen maid forever, I think Mrs Patmore might have to get used to being without her eventually, but we'll see if she'll be staying on for S6.

This is funny.....http://uk.eonline.com/news/599099/ge...ys-allen-leech

Last edited by carrie.suze; 11-20-2014 at 08:45 AM
Old 11-20-2014, 11:55 PM
Moderator Manager

LOL, I'm looking forward to this. We really should get like a BTS of this or something.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
LOL, I'm looking forward to this. We really should get like a BTS of this or something.
Me too, can't wait to see him in a 1920's tux, it'll be great to have no angst going on at Downton for a change as well, wish it was a whole hour long episode.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:51 PM
Moderator Manager

I wonder if it's a comical clip or a drama one? We know it's for charity but I wonder how long it will be and what Clooney will be doing? Btw, this will air before the CS right?

Old 11-22-2014, 07:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I wonder if it's a comical clip or a drama one? We know it's for charity but I wonder how long it will be and what Clooney will be doing? Btw, this will air before the CS right?
Another teaser about it here, looks like it'll be just a short one, and
warning there's a little spoiler about the Christmas episode further down the page.

‘Downton Abbey’ Season 5 Spoilers: Allen Leech And Elizabeth McGovern Tease George Clooney’s ‘Hilarious’ Role In Christmas Short
Old 11-23-2014, 04:54 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for that link! I don't want to be spoiled but I checked it anyway. This is funny, haha:

Quote:
Clooney is reportedly set to kiss the Dowager Countess (Maggie Smith) as well, but McGovern didn’t confirm or deny the rumor. “He was kissing everybody that day!” she said. “But he wasn’t trying it on, it was all scripted.”
I need a YT clip of this segment asap.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Thanks for that link! I don't want to be spoiled but I checked it anyway. This is funny, haha:

I need a YT clip of this segment asap.

Haha, it sounds like they had a lot of fun filming that, I'd love to see some behind the scenes clips too.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:41 AM
Moderator Manager

I have a feeling that they might release one just because it's Clooney. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

The CS is still a month to go and I really hope it's gonna be a good one.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

I might have misunderstood, but it's my thinking Clooney isn't actually written into a script, but is doubt sone sort of extra thing with part of the cast (like a fundraising thing?)

Random question:
Watching old seasons, when Mary's marital prospects are limited due to her Turkish mishap, her parents were hoping she'd be interested in Anthony straland.. But when Edith initially starts seeing him her parents what to squash the romance due to him being so much older. There can't be that much of an age difference between the two girls, but surely they wouldn't want to be an 'old man's drudge' , and pushing an old man in a wheelchair when she's 50, and violet stated about Edith.
I'm not seeing how they could approve of Mary taking him on and it Edith, seems it would be better for both the girls to remain spinsters?
Idk, I've always wondered about that.
Lol
Old 11-24-2014, 08:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

Sorry for typos (am on phone) and autocorrect makes it worse. Lol
Old 11-24-2014, 10:07 PM
Moderator Manager

Yes, Clooney isn't in an ep. He filmed a DA special with the cast which will air perhaps before (or after?) the CS ep itself.

Yes, if age was an issue with Edith, why weren't they reluctant to pair him with Mary? I'm assuming it's the whole inheritance thing which Mary has to bear.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:37 AM
New Fan

I found weird the thing about Mary/Anthony and Edith/Anthony too... but I think the principal problem about Edith marrying him may not be an age difference if not that he was ill... plus he was old. Anyway, it was something that doesn't make so much sense for me... especially about Anthony waiting until being in the church to reject her...
Old 11-25-2014, 04:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Val. (View Post)
I found weird the thing about Mary/Anthony and Edith/Anthony too... but I think the principal problem about Edith marrying him may not be an age difference if not that he was ill... plus he was old. Anyway, it was something that doesn't make so much sense for me... especially about Anthony waiting until being in the church to reject her...

Yea, I just found it odd. True, Mary's mom was all for Mary pursuing Anthony after her Turkish skirmish (lol), but Anthony's age was NOT an issue at that point. Go forward a few years after the war, when Edith is interested, his age is all of the sudden a problem (when Edith is 50, she'll be wheeling around a one-armed OLD man, as Robert said)....face it, Edith was a spinster by that age, young men her age were scarce due to war fatalities, so I'd think any man interested in Edith at that point in her life would have been welcomed with open arms (well, one with a title, money and an estate, which Anthony had).

It was just weird.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

This doesn't have anything to do with DA(lol), but each time I look at Rose's hubby's toothy grin he reminds me of Prince William. Same toothy grin. so cute.

(And my niece is a dead ringer for the actress that plays Mary) LOL