Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiemom09121416 (View Post)
-----------
Aww, thanks for providing the link.
(and thanks to everyone for welcoming newbies like myself!)

Ok, now gotta snark a bit. My first impression upon watching this video of the easy-on-the-eyes Julian??
his tie is crooked. (gee, where's a valet when you need one)
Haha, I don't think he had a valet on Downton, so that's probably why, and who needs a straight tie when you can sing like that.

I'd love to see a video of that young girl you mentioned Aggie, have you got a link to it.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:54 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Well I might buy the Christmas music cd. I am not ashamed to admit it. LOL I listened to the sample provided and it's beautiful. (Did anyone see the video of the young girl that wanted to be famous--after her death her father put a video online of her playing the DA theme?) it was sweet.
Yes I saw that, it was bittersweet though.

Quote:
I enjoyed this series--but even though everyone complains about # (or lack thereof) of episodes, that again makes it all the more special. Sometimes the best stuff comes in small packages! And heck, it's better than nothing, it's still the best thing on tv!
Thank you. I know most of us are frustrated with the show lately and most of what I'm reading are just complaints of how this show should have ended after S3 but it's nice that some of us still do enjoy it (I know I still do to some degree).

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Thank you. I know most of us are frustrated with the show lately and most of what I'm reading are just complaints of how this show should have ended after S3 but it's nice that some of us still do enjoy it (I know I still do to some degree).

I still enjoy it, too, that's why I'm so anxcious if Tom is going to stay or not. If he's going to leave, I will leave the show, too and it would break my heart in a way. But it would be even worse to watch it without him and Sybbie.

So right now, I'm a bit depressed.

That said: Other than Tom's storyline I enjoyed the series. There're always boring storylines in each series, but there was a lot of entertaining stuff this year, too.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
Haha, I don't think he had a valet on Downton, so that's probably why, and who needs a straight tie when you can sing like that.

I'd love to see a video of that young girl you mentioned Aggie, have you got a link to it.
--------http://www.inquisitr.com/1572273/anna-van-keulen-heartbreak-alert-as-father-posts-video-of-daughter-playing-downtown-abbey-theme-fulfilling-her-wish-in-wake-of-tragedy/
Old 11-11-2014, 12:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
--------http://www.inquisitr.com/1572273/anna-van-keulen-heartbreak-alert-as-father-posts-video-of-daughter-playing-downtown-abbey-theme-fulfilling-her-wish-in-wake-of-tragedy/
Thanks for that aggie, for some reason there's no link there, but I did look her name up and found her video on Youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJltZEOGJPg

she plays that so beautifully, it's heart-breaking to think she died so young.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Thanks for that aggie, for some reason there's no link there, but I did look her name up and found her video on Youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJltZEOGJPg

------
Sorry the link didn't work, my computer is tempermental and uncooperative sometimes..but you googled around and found it anyway, so mission accomplished.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
------
Sorry the link didn't work, my computer is tempermental and uncooperative sometimes..but you googled around and found it anyway, so mission accomplished.
Don't worry about it hun, mine's the same sometimes, as you say mission accomplished in the end.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:38 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andorra (View Post)
I still enjoy it, too, that's why I'm so anxcious if Tom is going to stay or not. If he's going to leave, I will leave the show, too and it would break my heart in a way. But it would be even worse to watch it without him and Sybbie.

So right now, I'm a bit depressed.

That said: Other than Tom's storyline I enjoyed the series. There're always boring storylines in each series, but there was a lot of entertaining stuff this year, too.
I understand about you being depressed about this SL. I still think someone or something will change his mind in the CS and will make him stay. I've read some stuff on Tumblr that they're hoping Edith will offer a job to Tom in the publishing office and that he can't say no. Because otherwise, if there wasn't anything by the CS, then Tom should go.

Quote:

Thanks for this. So heartbreaking but beautiful.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:21 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm hoping those ideas about Edith offering Tom a job will turn into reality, at least it'll keep him around, and possibly give him a more interesting SL.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:40 PM
Moderator Manager

Tbh, I don't like reading all the specs on Tumblr because some of them makes me so angry. Tumblr was also the reason I was massively spoiled for S3 so I'm staying away from that site when I can. It has a lot of negative energy there and I only speak for the D.A. fandom, some of the other fandoms are pretty harmless there.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:44 AM
New Fan

Regarding George, there's no age limit as to when he can inherit. However, if he inherited before he was 18 or whatever the legal adult age was or is in the UK, someone else would have to run the estate. That would probably be Mary.

ITA that the show will probably end either next series or series 7. I think Mr. Carson will retire and he and Mrs. Hughes will get married. He'll either be replaced by Thomas or Molesley, depending on whether or not JF decides to give Thomas a real love interest in which case, he'll probably leave Downton. I think Edith will move to London with Marigold to run her publishing company.

Last edited by RCBadger; 11-14-2014 at 07:02 AM
Old 11-15-2014, 12:06 AM
Moderator Manager

For now it is Robert since he is still alive. When Robert dies, that's the time George will inherit. If Robert died and for example George was only 15 y.o. that time, and I'm assuming 18 is the legal age limit, then I suppose guardian is Mary until he's legally allowed to sign documents, etc.

It's nice that we do get another season because I'd be frustrated if there are loose strings hanging by the time the CS airs. I still think that we'd know when the show will end and we can see SLs come to an end soon. I reckon a happy ending by the time the show is over.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Ok, series 5 is over and we are awaiting the Christmas episode. So anyone have any predictions?

I hope Isobel and Lord Merton tie the knot, Tom and Sybby move into Crawley House (hopefully some local young lady catches his eye), and Mary falls in an abyss. (lol, not really, but she's a mean girl and has some karma coming,lol).

And I hope Robert acknowledges Marigold as a member of the family.

(I like happy endings, although JF doesn't seem to be a fan of them, lol)

Spoiler:
Old 11-18-2014, 10:16 PM
Moderator Manager

Aggie, I spoiler tagged your post.

Predictions? I do hope Lord Merton & Isobel tie the knot too. I want Tom to stay and find a woman who is nice & would love Sybbie too. Anna doesn't go to trial and that the Green SL will finally be laid to rest. Daisy or Rose leaves by the CS, although I'd like for Rose to leave more than Daisy since I don't like seeing Mrs. Patmore upset. Edith will finally find her happiness and find a man who will love Marigold like his own. For Mary to be less irritating towards Edith but still be bitchy overall and for her to find a man she will feel the most connection with and who will also love George in the process. I also want Thomas to be happy adn to make new friends. I want Carson & Mrs. Hughes' frienship to be stronger and likewise with Violet & Isobel even if Isobel gets married. As for Robert & Cora, after what happened to them this season, I can probably see Robert dying soon (when the show will end) so George can inherit.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Aggie, I spoiler tagged your post.

Predictions? I do hope Lord Merton & Isobel tie the knot too. I want Tom to stay and find a woman who is nice & would love Sybbie too. Anna doesn't go to trial and that the Green SL will finally be laid to rest. Daisy or Rose leaves by the CS, although I'd like for Rose to leave more than Daisy since I don't like seeing Mrs. Patmore upset. Edith will finally find her happiness and find a man who will love Marigold like his own. For Mary to be less irritating towards Edith but still be bitchy overall and for her to find a man she will feel the most connection with and who will also love George in the process. I also want Thomas to be happy adn to make new friends. I want Carson & Mrs. Hughes' frienship to be stronger and likewise with Violet & Isobel even if Isobel gets married. As for Robert & Cora, after what happened to them this season, I can probably see Robert dying soon (when the show will end) so George can inherit.

That's quite a laundry list, LOL!
(hope I wasn't wrong about posting the spoiler link)

I'd rather Rose leave the show than Daisy, Daisy's been such an integral part of the show since the very beginning, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, LOL...I'm all for women breaking through the glass ceiling and I certainly wouldn't want to impede Daisy's future. (let's face it, she's advanced as far as she can downstairs)
As far as the Bates/Green thing, that slipped my mind just because the entire story line irritates me. When that issue was addressed all season my eyes sorta glassed over and my mind wandered.
I truly hope Edith and Isobel find happiness, although at this point I think Edith needs to focus just on Marigold, the poor thing has been removed from the only mother she knew, so she's got some bonding and adjusting to do.

Last edited by aggiemom09121416; 11-19-2014 at 05:50 AM Reason: misspelled word! crikey!