Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-20-2013, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by webinterlude (View Post)
The first thing THayer did was to put Emma on the spot. Who knows if Ethan punched him for sleeping with Sutton, or for taunting Emma about the imposture. Remember, Ethan walked in just as Char told Emma that Ethan was cheating on her with someone named Emma, and Thayer suddenly appears and said 'Yes Sutton, who is Emma?" Which I always thought was a really nasty thing for him to do. A stunt worthy of Sutton! So Ethan might have punched him just for that, I still think he was more protective of Emma than mad about being cheated on by Sutton.
Which to me, Ethan didn't even seem all that mad at Sutton for it.. maybe because he expects that behavior from sutton especially when he was kind of dealing with Luke at first too.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

That's true, and really his anger and the reason he broke up with Emma was because she didn't tell him that Sutton was staying with Thayer. She kept Sutton's secrets from him. Not that he cared so much about Sutton, or the fact that she cheated on him, which like you say wasn't the first time. But that he felt stupid that Emma knew about it. Or he felt hurt that she didn't trust him. Remember she said, I wanted to know if you would pick me for me, not because Sutton cheated on you.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
That's true, and really his anger and the reason he broke up with Emma was because she didn't tell him that Sutton was staying with Thayer. She kept Sutton's secrets from him. Not that he cared so much about Sutton, or the fact that she cheated on him, which like you say wasn't the first time. But that he felt stupid that Emma knew about it. Or he felt hurt that she didn't trust him. Remember she said, I wanted to know if you would pick me for me, not because Sutton cheated on you.
Well techically he did choose Emma, at the homecoming Dance in front of all of "sutton's closest friends"
Old 03-20-2013, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

You can't really say that for sure. He could have been forcing Sutton into a public relationship by being seen with Emma. And it would have worked, cause Sutton was willing to be public with him when she returned. But he had to decide to break up with Sutton and be with Emma, rather than just cheating on Sutton.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
You can't really say that for sure. He could have been forcing Sutton into a public relationship by being seen with Emma. And it would have worked, cause Sutton was willing to be public with him when she returned. But he had to decide to break up with Sutton and be with Emma, rather than just cheating on Sutton.
Maybe, but then he did say "it was no accident to Sutton " which made me think he did choose Emma and he also said "Why do you care? You left LA without telling me, you won't even be seen in public with me" So therefore he wants to be with a girl who appreciates him more than what Sutton has been doing as of late in his mind.

and if he has to force himself to say "I love you " to Sutton even when he said it to her, he didn't feel it.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

Well, I agree with you about all that, but I can also see what Emma wanted, which was to be sure he really wanted her, and wasn't just taking her because he couldn't get the commitment he wanted from Sutton.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Well, I agree with you about all that, but I can also see what Emma wanted, which was to be sure he really wanted her, and wasn't just taking her because he couldn't get the commitment he wanted from Sutton.
Now it seems like the cycle starts all over again
Old 03-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

Maybe so, but in reverse. Before, Emma was crazy about Ethan, but didn't want to betray her sister, and she wasnt' sure about Ethan's feelings. Now Ethan doesn't want to betray his brother, and isn't sure about Emma's feelings.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Maybe so, but in reverse. Before, Emma was crazy about Ethan, but didn't want to betray her sister, and she wasnt' sure about Ethan's feelings. Now Ethan doesn't want to betray his brother, and isn't sure about Emma's feelings.
So in other words Emma may have to fight for Ethan this time around.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Twilighter Tee♥ (View Post)
So in other words Emma may have to fight for Ethan this time around.
Well I think she should. As much as she cares about him, she hasn't done much for him. except tutor him, and help clear him of murder charges. She says she has chosen him, so she better mean it.

I don't think he chose his family over Emma at the end though, I think he decided the timing was right for him to stay away, support his brother, and when the secrets were out, he could be with Emma for real. Maybe he is tired of always being the boyfriend involved in lies and secrecy.

I wonder if he would go away with Emma now? (if Dan is OK and doesn't need him)

Old 03-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Well I think she should. As much as she cares about him, she hasn't done much for him. except tutor him, and help clear him of murder charges. She says she has chosen him, so she better mean it.

I don't think he chose his family over Emma at the end though, I think he decided the timing was right for him to stay away, support his brother, and when the secrets were out, he could be with Emma for real. Maybe he is tired of always being the boyfriend involved in lies and secrecy.

I wonder if he would go away with Emma now? (if Dan is OK and doesn't need him)
Yeah I agree..

I just hate this drought again. It is annoying
Old 03-23-2013, 09:11 AM
Master Fan

I love the calm collected Ethan, but I have to say the strong silent type does need to give way occasionally so that we know what Ethan is thinking. I'm glad that it is usually Emma he shares things with. But I would like to see some more friendships. I loved the scenes with Mads this season. and I would like to see some bonding with Jordan. And I still want Ethan to talk the whole twin secret/murder/ plotting thing out with Dan, that would be a great subject to give them both a really emotional scene!

Old 03-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just need him to talk period and be honest I mean with everything
Old 03-23-2013, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Twilighter Tee♥ (View Post)
I just need him to talk period and be honest I mean with everything
That would really be nice, wouldn't it?

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 03-23-2013, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Strongღ (View Post)
That would really be nice, wouldn't it?
I mean if you think about if he was honest about things with Emma so... why cant he do that with sutton unless he is afraid of her