Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-06-2014, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

"Joshua" 3.12 Airs Sunday April 06th 10/9c Showtime

"Joshua" 3.12
Airs Sunday April 06th 10/9c Showtime

Marty (DON CHEADLE) and his new Kaan & Associates Pod pursue an organic grocery store CEO (DANIEL STERN). Jeannie (KRISTEN BELL) endures Doug (JOSH LAWSON) reminiscing about the “old team,” while expressing his dislike for their new co-workers at Galweather Stearn. Meanwhile, Clyde (BEN SCHWARTZ) struggles in his new position working for Monica (DAWN OLIVIERI), who is a far more heinous boss than he could have imagined.

RULES

+ Respect each others opinions.
+ Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.
+ No bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases etc. is allowed.
+ Most importantly, have fun!
Old 04-06-2014, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

what a finale.
i'm just posting my thoughts i expressed on the kb board here to start discussions.

---------------
holy ****. that finale. i am so gutted. they were so perfect and happy together at the beginning... and she literally broke his heart and her own at the same time... i feel so bad for both of them because jeannie really didnt mean for any of that to happen... and it looks like she planned it so well because her 'friend' saved her... so marty feels totally betrayed, but that scene where she tells him and he just looks at her and says 'its okay' oh my gosh.

how on earth are they going to find there way back to each other after this... the whole next season is going to be jeannie trying to redeem herself with marty instead of the other way around which was this season.... also, that final moment when he asks her what she wants and then walks away and she says 'you' with clyde and doug in the room, and then signs the documents and the camera cuts to their faces and back to hers. oh my gosh. that is the most open and vulnerable she has ever been... damn. so hectic.

----------

im assuming they will have to do a time jump for season 4. because marty is his work and those are his people... i dont see how they can marry the two worlds if he isnt straddling them. maybe it picks up on his first day back or something... but with jeannie still the boss etc?

i bet jeannie is going to have worked her ass off to make that place a success since she imploded it... to win him back over or something. the worse alternative would be if she ****s it up.

ETA:
also, does anyone know the significance of calling it Joshua? what am i missing?
Old 04-06-2014, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

no idea.. maybe some biblical reference? but not sure

sad how happy they were at the beginning and then this **** has to happen

sets up for a crazy season 4 though. cant wait.

love this season gonna miss it
Old 04-07-2014, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

according to don its this:

Quote:
Don Cheadle
Joshua Tree. Pretty place. Bad situation.
this season was just so consistently good. im so impressed by it... but i dont know how we are suppossed to survive 9 months.

would assume they will pick up at the end of the courtcase... what do you think?

Jeannie has some serious redeeming today. i wonder if it is so completely broken as to be unfixable?

"ive never been an honest person marty. it just never felt like a viable option"
"me either. its okay. it's okay"

Oh my.

oh and jeannie crying and freaking out in the bathroom. and she already referred to it as 'had' 'i had a good thing going' she knew it was over already.

for not 'nice' characters they really know how to break your heart.

loving the kb love though and i damn well agree with Josh 100%

Quote:
Josh Lawson
Straight up if @IMKristenBell doesn't get an award 4 this season then I can no longer trust Hollywood 2 get anything right. @SHO_HouseOfLies
Quote:
Don Cheadle
@IMKristenBell is killing it!!
Quote:
Jessika Borsiczky
I think @IMKristenBell does some of the best ever acting you can see anywhere right here. @SHO_HouseOfLies

Jessika Borsiczky
I love how @IMKristenBell played this scene. So much quiet emotion. @SHO_HouseOfLies
Old 04-07-2014, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

nothing's unfixable..
i dont think they would have built them up to this level and not have it continue.. cant wait for s4.. this hiatus is going to be the most torturous one yet
Old 04-09-2014, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

i hope so...
mostly though i think im just concerned that they will make us wait an entire season to get to the point where they may or may not get together again... painfully drawn out in other words.

if they really wanted to go against expectation they pick up the show with them already back together/still together. dealing with their issues but managing somehow...

although i guess they cant be together until the court case is over anyway... because it would be deemed a conflict of interest.

dear lord, i've thought about this too much.
back to work i go
Old 04-09-2014, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i just hope marty realizes that jeannie didnt do this to **** him over

onto other things.. the roscoe and lex stuff was weird for this ep.. in the midst of everything else happening.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

yeah... me too. it will piss me off if they dont at least make him receptive to that fact.
it was a big giant **** up... but more than that, im fairly certain most of it was done by jeannie just to prove her worth, and that she can land big stuff by herself etc. sigh.

i think the writers suddenly realized that they hadnt given a resolution to the roscoe stuff this season and they had suddenly run out of time so they just decided to throw that together quickly... it certainly didnt feel well thought out. just tacked on. 'cause it was super odd and unnecessary.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

it started out with lots of potential but yea that storyline ended so weirdly
Old 04-13-2014, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

i wonder how dougs boobs are. no mention of them this episode...
his email confession was mad. ridiculous man.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

and the ideas for his novel...
Old 04-15-2014, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

he's such a tool
Old 04-15-2014, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

back to the jeannie/marty...
when he was making breakfast for her
and how excited they were for the dinner date .. gah
Old 04-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

oh my gosh yes. it was such a perfect morning.
they were so content in each others company... and so playful.
i hope these crazy kids can work it out.

the actual dinner scene was so sad because marty was so excited to be there and jeannie was so incredibly stressed about it all unravelling.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

yea.. him saying how looking forward to that dinner was the only thing that kept him going that day

i was like damnit.. couldnt even give us one real nice date