Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-15-2015, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

"Everything's So ******ing Obvious, I'm Starting to Wonder Why We're Even Having This Conversation" 4.11 Airs Sunday March 29th 10/9c Showtime

"Everything's So ******ing Obvious, I'm Starting to Wonder Why We're Even Having This Conversation" 4.11 Airs Sunday March 29th 10/9c Showtime

No Synopsis Yet.

VIDEO TO COME
RULES

+ Respect each others opinions.
+ Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.
+ No bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases etc. is allowed.
+ Most importantly, have fun!
Old 03-15-2015, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

the award for longest possible episode title goes to this one.

for us to discuss spoiler tag free.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:55 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason30 (View Post)
the award for longest possible episode title goes to this one.

for us to discuss spoiler tag free.
no spoiler tags!

watched ep11. I suspect we who watch early episodes will have to wait until Mar. 29 to see the finale when it airs.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

popping in over here too because i forgot this existed! i just finished watching and i already word vomited my thoughts elsewhere, but i did want to add that i've been really impressed with ben schwartz this entire season, even more than usual and especially this episode. his scene in the cafe was excellent
Old 03-16-2015, 03:37 PM
New Fan

Yeah, Ben had a really good arc this year.

Donis too - Roscoe's certainly the offspring of Marty and Monica... whew, what a disaster! Didn't see that coming.

Jeannie with the CFO offer... the baby, the boys with their app project, Marty going nuclear on Deena - the HoL season finale will be quite the dustup after all.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

wow. things are set up for quite the intense final 30 minutes. to be honest im a little scared of how they are going to fit everythign in. there is lots to wrap up.

my thoughts on the ep...

that whole scene with clyde's dad was just one of those jaw dropping ones for me. firstly i cant believe that anyone would dare play the cancer card when they dont have cancer to get an 'in' and then i dont understand even more how you play the card and then are such a complete and utter *******. despicable. although you almost felt for him in the end and then he just dies. poor clyde. thats gonna **** him up 6 ways to sunday.
and he was just starting to emerge from his ******* persona as well... as someone that cared about someone else etc. Ben was fanfreakingtastic though that whole scene.

as for doug... my goodness he is a monumental tool. i really shouldnt be able to stand him but he amuses me greatly.

this marty and dena power play is interesting to watch. she is monica 2.0, but with WAY WAY WAY more smarts... and less 'im completely ****ing crazy watch me burn' tendancies. ive enjoyed mary mccormacks take on her as well... the best utilization i have come accross of a guest star arc yet.

i can only imagine that her trying to get jeannie out is because she knows that jeannie on many levels is necessary for martys success. she rights his ship (when she isnt getting him arrested) backs his corner, offers support, offers smarts, and owns his heart. removing her would be removing everything that he wants and needs and just about everythign that he works for in one almighty swoop.

gonna be interesting to see what happens (i would assume that marty and jeannie team up to make it look like she will take the job or something and then they pull a pin somewhere and make things go BOOM) but that being said.... its a great offer and jeannie may be tempted, especially considering complications of working with a man that made it clear a few weeks earlier he didnt want her there (although that has changed), that sent him to jail and that is the father of their baby.

i hope they dont make her take it though. that would be like revising the start of season 3 with clydes defection. been there done that.

as for Roscoe. holy ****. i did not see that coming. solid writing and a great arc for him.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:37 PM
New Fan

Yup. There's a ton to resolve, but when I think about it - the way the writers handle their season finale - there might not be any resolutions, just open-ended plotlines. Will Jeannie take the CFO job, will the boys get a hefty payout for the their app side-project, will Marty(K & A) survive Deena... Rosce??? (kinda not sure about where this one is going), I also feel this Malcolm situation might show its ugly head too. The season 4 ender seems like it will be more in line with the end of season 2 than 3.

Also, Jeremiah, in ep 3 i think, said "sometimes family is a ********** disaster, but you get through that disaster together." Cryptic stuff considering how HoL's typically end their seasons.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

you may be right on that front but i hope they dont leave it ALL open ended.
i wouldnt normally worry... and im not actually worried now but we havent had official renewal yet... we generally hear around about episode 6 and the viewership figures are down... although, that may have alot to do with this whole week early streaming thing.

my other problem with open ended is the fact that we have to wait 9 freaking months to find out what happens.

fair call on the family disaster line.
i think the theme for the season has been 'family' to a certain extent... but hopefully Malcolm can stay out of our way for the finale. we dont have screen time to waste on him (although he is unresolved), or monica for that matter.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:54 PM
New Fan

The season finale is usually better when the next season starts and you can reflect on it. Season 3s finale was a kick in the stomach.

The length of time between seasons is brutal.

As for renewal, viewership of cable shows is complicated and plus the cable companies aren't very forthcoming with info regarding it. I read somewhere that all the principal actors are still under contract for the following year - whatever that means.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

yeah, i assumed they would have tied them into a 5 year deal with an option to extend by 2 years or something like that.
im sure we will get our 5th year... you dont just let a cast like this go if they are all signed on... im not sure that we will get a 6th though.

wonder if they will release the finale on sunday or if we will have to wait for the rest of the world to catch up first.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:30 PM
New Fan

Darn season finale... who knows when we'll see it. Showtime usually doesn't early release them.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

Showtime is airing the last two episodes of HOL back to back tonight.
Please note: this thread is an open and active discussion. so SPOILER ALERT if you are lurking.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

i really liked clyde's arc this season

his dad dying was a crazy scene.. such a emotional rollercoaster ride for clyde.. poor guy.. hes gonna nee some serious therapy after all that
Old 03-30-2015, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

clyde had a great arc this season. really well done.
as for his dad... well he deserved to faceplant that sticky bun. ass. who does that?
Old 03-30-2015, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

yea.. didnt think even he would go that far