Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2015, 04:52 PM
  #1
Fan Forum Legend

 
karamel's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 302,106
"At the End of the Day, Reality Wins" 4.01 Airs Sunday January 11th 10/9c Showtime

"At the End of the Day, Reality Wins" 4.01
Airs Sunday January 11th 10/9c Showtime


In the season 4 opener, Marty (DON CHEADLE) is back with a vengeance – ready to grow Kaan & Associates and conquer the consulting world. Revelations of what has occurred since last season begin to explain the ‘new normal’ at K&A. Marty lays down the law to a pregnant Jeannie (KRISTEN BELL) on her future with the company, and the Pod leaves one client in pursuit of a much bigger payday.


RULES

+ Respect each others opinions.
+ Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.
+ No bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases etc. is allowed.
+ Most importantly, have fun!
__________________
“Does 2 + 2 = 4? No! Because two cats plus two sausages is what? Two cats. Two drops of water plus two drops of water? One drop of water.”
They're like so in love
avy: AlwaysCB
karamel is offline  
Old 01-12-2015, 11:41 AM
  #2
Fan Forum Hero

 
Mason30's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 58,787
i really enjoyed this ep.

Seems like they are taking roscoe to a dark place - im not so sure im a fan of that. we'll see.
Thought Valorie curry giving Clyde a verbal slap was awesome. that could be fun.

i hope that Jeannie doesnt spend too much time apologising.
its done, its over now... shes better with bark, when she gave that client the cold hard truth it was fantastic... and then demanded a sandwich and icecream

i really liked the fact that jeannie wasnt conflicted about having the baby. she always wanted to be a mom, which surprises me, but considering how she explains her 'ideal', i am less surprised.

i am fairly certain that despite what she is saying the baby is marty's and not this other dudes whoever he is... im not even sure that he exists tbh. hopefully we find out 'the truth' soon.

doug was pretty priceless this ep.
the four samuri's.

"guggengheim, you have got to shut the **** up"
__________________
The park is closed. The walrus out front should have told you.
Mason30 is offline  
Old 01-12-2015, 06:54 PM
  #3
Fan Forum Legend

 
karamel's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 302,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason30 (View Post)
i really enjoyed this ep.

Seems like they are taking roscoe to a dark place - im not so sure im a fan of that. we'll see.
this could be a very interesting season for roscoe.. im excited to see where they go with him
Quote:
Thought Valorie curry giving Clyde a verbal slap was awesome. that could be fun.
shes definitely different from his usual type, should be fun to watch

Quote:
i hope that Jeannie doesnt spend too much time apologising.
its done, its over now... shes better with bark, when she gave that client the cold hard truth it was fantastic... and then demanded a sandwich and icecream
yup, what's done is done.. she has sincerely apologized.. it's not like marty is really a victim, he had his hand in it.

Quote:
i am fairly certain that despite what she is saying the baby is marty's and not this other dudes whoever he is... im not even sure that he exists tbh. hopefully we find out 'the truth' soon.
definitely marty's.. hope she tells him soon.. although he should probably know deep down already

Quote:

"guggengheim, you have got to shut the **** up"
classic the gang is back
__________________
“Does 2 + 2 = 4? No! Because two cats plus two sausages is what? Two cats. Two drops of water plus two drops of water? One drop of water.”
They're like so in love
avy: AlwaysCB
karamel is offline  
Old 01-13-2015, 11:19 AM
  #4
Fan Forum Hero

 
Mason30's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 58,787
im honestly of the mind that jeannie didnt do all that much wrong. sure marty paid the price but she was doing exactly what he would have done if the roles had been reversed, he was undermining her, not listening to her etc. so, yeah, marty much just deal now and let it go.

in other news, i agree, he must know deep down and is simply waiting for the shoe to drop. at 8 months along though... its pretty much time for her to come clean.
__________________
The park is closed. The walrus out front should have told you.
Mason30 is offline  
Old 01-13-2015, 07:53 PM
  #5
Fan Forum Legend

 
karamel's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 302,106
yea.. im not down with having a groveling jeannie for the next 11 eps.. so he better get his **** together
__________________
“Does 2 + 2 = 4? No! Because two cats plus two sausages is what? Two cats. Two drops of water plus two drops of water? One drop of water.”
They're like so in love
avy: AlwaysCB
karamel is offline  
Old 01-17-2015, 01:52 PM
  #6
Fan Forum Hero

 
Mason30's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 58,787
its odd (but maybe realistic) for someone with such a compromised moral compass to be so self righteous (he doesnt see his own faults as clearly as he should maybe?). i just want to smack him on the upside of his head every now and again.
__________________
The park is closed. The walrus out front should have told you.
Mason30 is offline  
Old 01-17-2015, 03:53 PM
  #7
Fan Forum Legend

 
karamel's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 302,106
i need jeannie to call him out on his **** like in the earlier seasons. she was practically the only one that did
__________________
“Does 2 + 2 = 4? No! Because two cats plus two sausages is what? Two cats. Two drops of water plus two drops of water? One drop of water.”
They're like so in love
avy: AlwaysCB
karamel is offline  
Old 01-18-2015, 02:38 PM
  #8
Fan Forum Hero

 
Mason30's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 58,787
yeah, im done with 'im sorry' jeannie... i want her to roar mother****er roar.
she knows exactly how to give him a dose or reality... hope she does so soon.
__________________
The park is closed. The walrus out front should have told you.
Mason30 is offline  
Old 01-25-2015, 05:32 PM
  #9
New Fan
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason30 (View Post)
yeah, im done with 'im sorry' jeannie... i want her to roar mother****er roar.
she knows exactly how to give him a dose or reality... hope she does so soon.
Her aggressive action sunk everybody's ship - including her own. Lets not lose sight of the fact that she not only screwed Marty and her employees Clyde and Doug, she didn't even achieve her objective, which was to grow Kaan &n Assoc. I love Jeannie but she failed on all fronts. Professional, personal, everything.
mychichi is offline  
Old 01-27-2015, 03:03 PM
  #10
Fan Forum Hero

 
Mason30's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 58,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by mychichi (View Post)
Her aggressive action sunk everybody's ship - including her own. Lets not lose sight of the fact that she not only screwed Marty and her employees Clyde and Doug, she didn't even achieve her objective, which was to grow Kaan &n Assoc. I love Jeannie but she failed on all fronts. Professional, personal, everything.
i agree, she absolutely did. and she knows it. its just that her whole 'all apologies' vs. marty's version of himself as fairly innocent and hard done by dude is creating discord with me at the moment. he most certainly is not the frog. he may be sinking but thats possibly because two scorpions cant make it across a pond on each others backs, that i know of...

it sucks that he did the time, but he also did the crime.
jeannie exposed it accidentally certainly, but it was still there to be exposed in the first place.

i think we also mustnt forget how a season ago Clyde was the one that screwed everyone over... (jeannie saved the day... and was good to him in getting him back on the team and martys side) and he did it entirely on purpose in the most cruel way he could.

but this is what they do i guess.
__________________
The park is closed. The walrus out front should have told you.
Mason30 is offline  
Old 01-27-2015, 05:25 PM
  #11
Fan Forum Legend

 
karamel's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 302,106
yea.. if it had actually worked out how jeannie wanted it to, i doubt anyone on the team would be saying 'well we cant trust you anymore scorpion. thanks for the business but it would be good if you left'
__________________
“Does 2 + 2 = 4? No! Because two cats plus two sausages is what? Two cats. Two drops of water plus two drops of water? One drop of water.”
They're like so in love
avy: AlwaysCB
karamel is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 09:06 AM
  #12
New Fan
 
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason30 (View Post)
i agree, she absolutely did. and she knows it. its just that her whole 'all apologies' vs. marty's version of himself as fairly innocent and hard done by dude is creating discord with me at the moment. he most certainly is not the frog. he may be sinking but thats possibly because two scorpions cant make it across a pond on each others backs, that i know of...

it sucks that he did the time, but he also did the crime.
jeannie exposed it accidentally certainly, but it was still there to be exposed in the first place.

i think we also mustnt forget how a season ago Clyde was the one that screwed everyone over... (jeannie saved the day... and was good to him in getting him back on the team and martys side) and he did it entirely on purpose in the most cruel way he could.

but this is what they do i guess.
Jeannie was in a position to help clyde - Marty, both professionally and personally, holds Jeannie in higher regard than Clyde. Also for Clyde, the Jeannie/Marty thing is a minefield to which, even if he were inclined to help, what would he do? He's angry at and dependent on Jeannie. Marty is vulnerable, not completely on his game. (His decision-making seems to be off this season; getting rid of Jeannie is a terrible business decision - Roscoe is completely out of control) Marty and Jeannie appear to be having an on-again/off-again relationship, of which Jeannie told the CEO in the 2nd ep in the parking lot that: She cut ties to Marty "and that was somebody I loved." I don't know how eager I would be to jump in those waters.
mychichi is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 01:42 PM
  #13
Fan Forum Hero

 
Mason30's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 58,787
this is true she was.... but im not expecting clyde to swoop in and save her ass. Jeannie can do that on her own i'd say. and even if he tried, im sure he can do nothing to get jeannie back into marty's good graces... and he is probably enjoying not being the black sheep of the pod for a while.

i do like to think that when they find out that marty is trying to oust her that they will have her back a bit more. because i believe they at least know and appreciate her value.

i think my point is that mostly i would just settle for clyde not spitting in jeannies coffee. i think he can 'hate' her as much as he wants and he doesnt have to defend her, but thats just being super ****ty to someone that helped pull your butt out the fire a few months previously. but maybe thats just me.

as for marty and jeannie. they seem a little bit damned if they do, damned if they dont. who knows if they are better for each other together or apart... we dont, and they definitely dont. this baby will, i hope, offer a different dynamic on their relationship, otherwise i fear we will go around in very complicated circles for a good long while.
__________________
The park is closed. The walrus out front should have told you.
Mason30 is offline  
Old 11-07-2015, 11:11 AM
  #14
Fan Forum Hero

 
Mason30's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 58,787
let me know when you're ready.
__________________
The park is closed. The walrus out front should have told you.
Mason30 is offline  
Old 11-07-2015, 07:15 PM
  #15
Fan Forum Legend

 
karamel's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 302,106
sorry, int was on/off all day x____x
__________________
“Does 2 + 2 = 4? No! Because two cats plus two sausages is what? Two cats. Two drops of water plus two drops of water? One drop of water.”
They're like so in love
avy: AlwaysCB
karamel is offline  
 

Bookmarks


Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:58 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2023.

Copyright © 1998-2023, Fan Forum.


TEST