Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Graphics Team

General Discussion: Season 1 ~ They will all be missed dearly.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Passionate Fan

I think the first 6 episodes of AHS were flawless. Everything in my mind was just perfect. The thing that ruined it though was Tate becoming Rubberman. I'm not one of those people who are in denial and thought Tate was an amazing person (I'm not sure how anyone could after episode 6, I was scared crapless), but the whole reveal was just so frustrating. It was so blatantly obvious that it was Tate but shocking at the same time because they actually went through with it. It could have been okay... but it just seemed stupid. The Nora/Tate relationship was good but at the same time, it was hard to believe that Tate went through all of that for someone that we had never even seen him interact with beforehand. And then in the end, Nora couldn't even handle a baby

Also, what was with the anti-christ baby? Is that going to be brought back up in season 2 or was Billy Dean just a hoax?
Old 01-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Loyal Fan

I was so annoyed when they revealed Tate had done that for Nora. I feel like they were too busy trying to make the rubberman thing mysterious so they didn't consider that the reasoning behind what Tate done wouldn't have as much pay off given the lack of interaction between him and Nora. I'd rather they didn't give us all the answers and answered a few well rather than a rushed, sloppy written one.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

I wish they had planned who was going to be the Rubberman since the beginning. I don't care what RM says, I'm sure it was a last minute decision because a lot of things don't make sense or seem too contrived.

Also I wish they had taken more time to explain the Nora-Tate connection so we would have understood better why he do that for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_vanilla (View Post)
Also, what was with the anti-christ baby? Is that going to be brought back up in season 2 or was Billy Dean just a hoax?
Unfortunately no. S2 will have a new location and new characters but some actors will return to play different characters.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
The thing that ruined it though was Tate becoming Rubberman. I'm not one of those people who are in denial and thought Tate was an amazing person (I'm not sure how anyone could after episode 6, I was scared crapless), but the whole reveal was just so frustrating. It was so blatantly obvious that it was Tate but shocking at the same time because they actually went through with it. It could have been okay... but it just seemed stupid.
The thing that bothered me about it was that it was just a little too obvious. I had predicted it was Tate back in episode one, but I was hoping I was wrong. And after that episode, I had convinced myself it couldn't be him for exactly that reason: I was thinking that they would want us to think it was him, and then have it be some new character or something. I like Tate, but I was hoping the Rubber Man would be some other evil entity in the house that was responsible for all the ghosts being stuck there, or for the house being a magnet for evil. I don't know. I guess I was just hoping the Rubber Man would provide us with some answers to the mysteries of the house, and instead, we get Tate. I was just a little disappointed.

And do they ever tell us why the hell Tate was running around in the rubber suit on Halloween? I don't recall there being a reason he needed to don the suit in those episodes. Unless Tate just enjoys creeping around in a latex suit like some weird fetish-suit-costumed super villain for no reason.

Quote:
The Nora/Tate relationship was good but at the same time, it was hard to believe that Tate went through all of that for someone that we had never even seen him interact with beforehand. And then in the end, Nora couldn't even handle a baby
That bugged me as well. They literally hadn't interacted at all until episode eight. It made sense that Tate wanted a different mother figure in his life, but I still think they could have given us a few more scenes with them together, even after episode eight.

Last edited by Kwinks; 01-01-2012 at 07:53 PM
Old 01-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie23 (View Post)
I was so annoyed when they revealed Tate had done that for Nora. I feel like they were too busy trying to make the rubberman thing mysterious so they didn't consider that the reasoning behind what Tate done wouldn't have as much pay off given the lack of interaction between him and Nora. I'd rather they didn't give us all the answers and answered a few well rather than a rushed, sloppy written one.
I agree.

I can't think of any of the hand, but I feel like there was so many dropped storylines. I remember reading that we would eventually see all of Constance's kids, but we never met the 4th did we?

April
Old 01-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'Vruck (View Post)
I remember reading that we would eventually see all of Constance's kids, but we never met the 4th did we?
No we didn't which is a darn shame because a lot of us were looking forward to getting that question answered.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

im really upset that they are doing a different cast next season! im going to miss them all so much!
Old 01-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterCupcake (View Post)
im really upset that they are doing a different cast next season! im going to miss them all so much!
I know! There is so much they can still do with the same house and family. Could of kept them for 1 more season.

April
Old 01-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Graphics Team

i want to know about constance's 4th child.. and now we won't find out... grr!! or did i miss something?

i just expected a more twisted ending and instead it was really lame IMO.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos blues (View Post)
i just expected a more twisted ending and instead it was really lame IMO.
I think a lot of us and the network hyped it up so much that everything just felt so weird and out of place which is so disappointing

But yeah, the story line or whatever felt really cheap and lame.

Last edited by DUHsoTK; 01-03-2012 at 03:14 AM
Old 01-03-2012, 06:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHsoTK (View Post)
I think a lot of us and the network hyped it up so much that everything just felt so weird and out of place which is so disappointing

But yeah, the story line or whatever felt really cheap and lame.
Agreed!! He rushed it to mjuch in the end and didn't answer anything but then problem with that is we are left hanging cause well next season a new house new place and new chacters which I don't like at all ..

My problem with this writer who also does glee .. He really likes the idea of changing and mixing his characters like in glee he announced that season 4 they will introduce new people and get rid of some of the old while that make sense .. It never seem to work with American show british shows do it a lot but it works cause the writings awesome ..

And with A HS. Even though it could work .. He should of planned the ending better gives us answers or leave the story running for another season ..cos it's only 13 episodes so jphe can make it really good and explain it better than introduce this new part to the story
Old 01-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Loyal Fan

RyMu said in an interview that he might go back to the Harmons in either season 3 or 4.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Master Fan

I don't trust him

valentina
tumblr twitter
Old 01-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I don't trust him
I don't either, to be honest. It's weird. If he wants to go back to the Harmons, then why not do it next season? Why wait until season 3? Maybe because of the actors? Perhaps he wanted to give them a break. I know Connie, Dylan, and Jessica agreed to do one season only, but Connie and Dylan seemed to have changed their minds. I remember reading one interview in which they both stated they would like to come back next season. If he feels like there's a chance that he could do something with the Harmons or Constance again down the road, then he must have gotten the idea that the actors might be okay with coming back at a later point...Idk.