Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-21-2012, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Board customization

Hi everyone,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customizing message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture suggestions or colour ideas, please post them on this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible.

Your suggestions for possible colors and pictures will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customized look possible, the final decision concerning how this board will be customized will be made by the members of the Graphics Team, because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colors fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customization process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM or ask them on the message board customization thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customized.

Note: It usually takes less than 2 weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic & colours get put up, it will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Kasia
Old 03-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Elite Fan

I think the colors should be red, black & white

I'll look for some good pictures.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

We try to stay away from such strong colours as red/black/white because it's hard on the eyes. Or are you thinking of something like the vampire diaries board?

Who do you guys want in the picture? It's hard to whittle the cast down
Old 03-24-2012, 12:03 PM
Elite Fan

I was thinking something different. Something darker and less bright.

For the cast I don't know. Jessica and Evan for sure because both are returning but I don't know about the others. I want to know what everyone else thinks
Old 03-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Something dark is definitely the right way to go. The Vampire Diaries board is very...romantic, if that makes any sense? AHS is a horror show, so I think the colors should be a a little different. I forget where I saw this, but someone pointed out that they use a lot of greens and reds on the show, and I realized they were right. But black works, too. I've been looking around at other boards just to get an idea.

Maybe we could make it so the board kind of resembles the opening credits? When the credits come on the screen - they're in white, and the background is black. So maybe we could have something where the threads and such are in white, and then the background is black with dark red and dark green accents or something? If that's not too much trouble, of course. And only if everyone else likes that idea. I'm just throwing out suggestions.

Actually, I just checked out the Criminal Minds board, and although it's not a horror show, it has a similar color scheme to the one I'm suggesting, just with more gray than green.

As for the picture of the cast members, I'm not sure what to do. But I agree that Jessica should definitely be on it, since she was a main character in season 1 and will be a female lead in season 2. I'm not sure whether we should also include Zachary, Lily, and Sarah, since they're also coming back? They didn't have large parts in season 1, although Zachary is coming back as a lead in season 2, but Sarah's and Lily's roles haven't been specified. Evan played a major character in season 1 and is coming back as well, but we don't know how big his part will be this season, do we? Maybe we could just use Jessica, Evan and the Harmons' actors, since they were the first main cast?

Last edited by Kwinks; 03-25-2012 at 04:33 PM
Old 03-25-2012, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

The colours should be definitely dark, maybe something like the Buffy or the Criminal Minds boards?

As for the banner, that's really tricky because the cast might be changing regularly. But I think we should definitely add those who are going to return next season.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, it should be dark and scary looking. The banner should just have the name in it since it has a different cast every season.
Franky/Matty, Sid/Cassie, Effy/Freddie, Sid/Tony, Freddie/Cook, Rich/Alo, Naomi/Emily, Franky/Grace
One of Franky's biggest stans.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Loyal Fan

I like the idea of red, but no super bright. Black, red and Grey/silver maybe?

I also think it should just be the AHS logo, since the cast will be changing every season.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx (View Post)
I also think it should just be the AHS logo, since the cast will be changing every season.
I think this is a fanastic idea.

Some logo pictures:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DoR9bKJs6U...Story-logo.jpg

http://www.shootonline.com/go/media/...7107fe937f.jpg
Old 03-27-2012, 04:28 AM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
The colours should be definitely dark, maybe something like the Buffy or the Criminal Minds boards?

As for the banner, that's really tricky because the cast might be changing regularly. But I think we should definitely add those who are going to return next season.
We are re-customizing those for a reason. I get that this show is dark and stuff but you should really consider that if the contrast between the white font and the background is too crass it will hurt the eyes.

And we only do red in little doses. Like highlights. Because that gets eye-cancery really fast as well.

Thanks for the logo.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Loyal Fan

I kind of figured if there was going to be red, it would have to be used sparingly. I was thinking a darker red, so that it doesn't, you know, kill people's eyes.

So black for a background would be too much then? Maybe we could use black as the background, but then use the white for the font and as part of the accents, too, just to lighten up the rest of the board so that it isn't too dark and it doesn't create too much of a contrast? Like, I know you're re-customizing the Criminal Minds board, but you know how it has gray in it? Maybe instead of the gray, you could just use more white so that it's not too dark? Or maybe we could have it so that the black and white are switched? Like, the background can be white or light gray, and the lettering could be black, and then there could be dark red highlights or something? I'm just trying to think of something that'll reflect the show, but that's also doable. It's unfortunate, because red, black, and white are very symbolic of the show...
Old 04-22-2012, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We have now finished making all the graphics and picked a winner, so this thread will now be closed until the colours & graphic have been set up - then I'll re-open it so you can tell us what you all think!

If you have questions please post them on the Info Center's Message Board Customization Process Thread, but please check the opening post to see if your question has been answered there first.

Thanks everyone.
Kasia