Old 04-13-2014, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Allegiance {3.19} Episode Discussion | Original Air Date April 13, 2014

Allegiance {3.19} - Episode Discussion

Sunday, April, 13 10/9c on ABC

r e v e n g e

A DAY AT THE RACES LEADS TO NEW REVELATIONS
AND A TAKEDOWN THAT MAY BE EMILY'S LAST, ON ABC’S “REVENGE”

“Allegiance” – As Emily learns onto the identity of a key conspirator against her father, Victoria sets a trap she knows Emily can’t resist, on “Revenge,” SUNDAY, APRIL 13 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

“Revenge” stars Emily VanCamp as Emily Thorne, Madeleine Stowe as Victoria Grayson, Henry Czerny as Conrad Grayson, Josh Bowman as Daniel Grayson, Nick Wechsler as Jack Porter, Gabriel Mann as Nolan Ross, Christa B. Allen as Charlotte Clarke and Barry Sloane as Aiden Mathis.

Guest stars TBD.

"Allegiance” was written by Ted Sullivan and directed by Jennifer Wilkinison.

“Revenge” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound. A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to airdate.

For more information on “Revenge,” visit ABC.com/Revenge.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:02 PM
Supreme Fan

DOUBLE SHARPIE!
It was a Perfect Illusion
Old 04-13-2014, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

OMG That ENDING

I actually screamed, "Finally!!"
Old 04-13-2014, 08:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Hmm...mixed feelings about that ending, because now that Victoria's realized this is revenge for David, she should pretty much immediately realize that this must mean that Emily is his daughter. IIRC, she didn't buy that fake Amanda was the real deal, and Emily Thorne is the right age and has the right look.

But I have a feeling Victoria's not going to be that fast putting two and two together -- otherwise she would have done it at the end of this episode. If this continues to drag out, with Victoria not yet realizing that Emily=Amanda, I'm going to have a really hard time believing it.

Other thoughts:

* Loved Jack helping Emily. Will put more thoughts on that in the Jack/Emily thread later.

* Also happy that Jack/Margaux finally seems to be ending. Good for Jack realizing that Margaux going after Nolan was the final straw.

* I'm glad for the renewed focus on Victoria/David in this episode. That backstory is a huge part of why I initially was hooked on the show.

* As soon as I saw the sneak peek of Victoria arguing with that guy (shoot, can't remember his name now...) I figured that Victoria was setting Emily up. It was just so obvious, so it annoys me that Emily fell for it.

* I wish the show would stop trying to make Nolan/Aiden happen. It's just so forced and not nearly as entertaining as Nolan/Jack.

* Speaking of Aiden, the whole Oscar/Pascal/Aiden's dad story is one big snooze.

* I'm actually happy that Javier betrayed Nolan, not because I want Nolan hurt, but because I just really want things to be shaken up as much as possible heading into the finale.

* That said, I find it hard to buy that Charlotte is so emotionally invested in the success of a guy she just met two episodes ago, and had shared, like, two scenes with before tonight. And isn't this her first post-Declan relationship? It would be nice to see her reflect on that a bit.

* Loved Nolan declaring war on Daniel and Charlotte, but the writers need to actually follow through on it. So many little sub-plots have been started and then dropped with little or no consequences. I don't want that to happen with Nolan VS Daniel.

* The red/black sharpie transition shot was cool.

* I don't fully understand the point of Nolan's program...maybe I missed the explanation, but why would someone want that app? What's the purpose of it? Margaux already knew she wanted those shoes -- she didn't need the app to tell her that.

* I miss Stevie, especially now that I'm no longer suspicious of her.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

I didn't expect Victoria to have a black sharpie. I knew she was smart from the beginning, but looks like she is smarter than Emily now... and it's not like her. Something is not adding up - either we were fooled for almost 3 seasons or we still were fooled LOL Looks like Victoria is a master mind behind all this??? I am confused.
She figured out Emily's agenda (Revenge), but still missing the key point - who Emily really is. After today's episode I doubt Vcitoria ever loved David Clark, but was using him.

Hated Margo this episode even more (as well as Daniel). I feel bad for Nolan. And glad he came and freaked out Daniel and Charlotte. I hope nothing bad will happen to him. And I am not looking for his jail friend to be against him. And not even to see him back and bagging for teaming up with him (as Nolan predicted today). We don't have time for this!

I am so happy Jack was working together with Emily. And I cannot believe his mom is gone... it was quick and nobody told her that "killed because of her writer" is really not that dead... And Jack let her only close relative, the mother he just learned about leave so easy? Why we even had to see Stevie there? What was the point?

Aiden's story about his father and that he was killed is something I personally don't really care about. It makes everything complicated. But at least we learned Pascal is a killer... cold blood killer.

Now we need to wait 2 weeks for a new episode, but I will have to wait even longer - I hate the way abc does it now - you have to wait a week after it's airing date to see episode online unless your cable provider is in their list (and ours is not)... or if you are paying to watch it sooner... At this point I feel show runner supposed to pay to its fans to watch it

After all, looks like this show is going to its end. Otherwise I don't see what they could show next season.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:56 PM
Master Fan

Damn. I liked this episode much better, but it was 60/40. I don't like Aiden, but closure about his father was vital to the mission. I'm glad that Pascale finally has a damn point.

Javier annoyed me, but none of us like the minor characters. Charlotte and Daniel's plotting was cute, but Nolan's revenge was better.

I wish Jack and Margaux wouldn't end this way. It's not how either of them meant to and she's honestly upset that she hurt him. Daniel and Margaux are a better fit,but if Jack didn't love her, he wouldn't have found his way back to Emily. He was too angry,too bitter and too lost to be with anyone. I hope to god they part ways as friends somehow.

Quote:
Now we need to wait 2 weeks for a new episode, but I will have to wait even longer - I hate the way abc does it now - you have to wait a week after it's airing date to see episode online unless your cable provider is in their list (and ours is not)... or if you are paying to watch it sooner... At this point I feel show runner supposed to pay to its fans to watch it

After all, looks like this show is going to its end. Otherwise I don't see what they could show next season.
Trust me-It's not just ABC. The CW has TV on Hiatus, NBC has Revolution on hiatus and a few other networks are being like this. It's annoying, but some networks like to wait before they air stuff. Once Upon A Time and Revenge take two days, even if some arrive the next day.

The show is going to end next season-The writers were clear from the beginning. They didn't want to extend it and they wanted it to come full circle. Why else would Victoria have figured it out?

I'm so annoyed with the writers. This entire show has had Victoria being in love with David and no one else could be him. Even if it would explain a lot, if she never loved him, I'll be pissed off.

Last edited by Against_all_odds; 04-13-2014 at 09:02 PM
Old 04-13-2014, 09:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic (View Post)
After today's episode I doubt Vcitoria ever loved David Clark, but was using him.
Well, I do think her feelings were genuine -- otherwise she wouldn't have been so furious with Pascal.

What annoys me is that S1 made it seem like he was the great love of her life. Now it seems like the show is trying to say that was Pascal.

Quote:
And I cannot believe his mom is gone... it was quick and nobody told her that "killed because of her writer" is really not that dead... And Jack let her only close relative, the mother he just learned about leave so easy? Why we even had to see Stevie there? What was the point?
I like to believe that once they were in L.A. and she was sober again that Jack told her about Mason. I think he had to hurry and get her out of the Hamptons because he could see what it was doing to her sobriety/mental state.

While I think more could have been done with Stevie (and the whole "Stevie owns Grayson Manor, no wait, not anymore" bit was a big waste of time), I think she did serve a few purposes:
1. We watched her become a positive force in Jack's life. It's nice to know that with his dad and Declan both dead that he at least has his mom back (and Carl has a grandmother).
2. She's the reason Emily got a hold of the evidence connecting Pascal to the conspiracy.
3. She told Jack that she can see he's in love with Emily, a revelation that I think we actually started to see the repercussions of in this episode.

I do hope she comes back, though. Maybe if Emily or someone else needs a lawyer?

Quote:
I was looking at an old article earlier, and it said that before S1 premiered, critics were skeptical that the show could last for multiple seasons on its original premise. Apparently the producers told them back then that the show wouldn't always focus on Emily's revenge on the Graysons, and that once that was over they would move on to something else.

I don't know what their plan is for S4...I do think it could go for at least one more season, provided that the finale opens up a lot more doors. Because you're right, with Victoria so close to realizing what's going on, the show can't continue on its current path. Something will have to change.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
I was looking at an old article earlier, and it said that before S1 premiered, critics were skeptical that the show could last for multiple seasons on its original premise. Apparently the producers told them back then that the show wouldn't always focus on Emily's revenge on the Graysons, and that once that was over they would move on to something else.

I don't know what their plan is for S4...I do think it could go for at least one more season, provided that the finale opens up a lot more doors. Because you're right, with Victoria so close to realizing what's going on, the show can't continue on its current path. Something will have to change.
I'll be so annoyed if they just move on. Pretty Little Liars had a suggestion like that and it didn't go over well.

If everything is said and done, Emily gets her revenge and she can finally be with Jack, wtf else does she need to get revenge for?
Old 04-13-2014, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
If everything is said and done, Emily gets her revenge and she can finally be with Jack, wtf else does she need to get revenge for?
Given the fact that Barry Sloane has been hired for a new Pilot and that Aiden's future in the show is still uncertain, he may not survive the season finale. Emily could have a new revenge (?) God I really hope I am wrong because I really love Aiden and Emily But I am trying to be realistic...

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 04-14-2014, 02:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Where are people getting the impression that Victoria never loved David and she was the mastermind? I'm missing something
Old 04-14-2014, 06:07 AM
New Fan

What a great episode! I was a little upset with last week's show. While it may have been needed to bring Aiden and Emily together, etc. etc. etc. it was very much the definition of a soap opera in my opinion. That's not why I watch Revenge.

Allegiance, however, was much more Revenge-y. The opening sequence, was anyone reminded of S1 ep 02? The polo match? Finding the next target before crossing him off her list. I found that the whole show went back to its roots and what made it an awesome show to begin with.

I did find it interesting that there were only a few faces crossed off the list, though. What were there, four or five? For some reason I thought there were more.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenaya (View Post)
Where are people getting the impression that Victoria never loved David and she was the mastermind? I'm missing something
I think it was based on her conversation with Pascale(At the end). Correct me if I'm wrong, but whoever she was talking to, she talked about revenge for David and how she had to make her choices.

I don't think she was the mastermind then,I think she is now. She's onto things and she's probably going to be in charge of the hunt for Emily's secrets.

It's been hard to remember that she loved David b/c of this b.s. with Pascale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
Given the fact that Barry Sloane has been hired for a new Pilot and that Aiden's future in the show is still uncertain, he may not survive the season finale. Emily could have a new revenge (?) God I really hope I am wrong because I really love Aiden and Emily But I am trying to be realistic...
I feel for their fans, but if Daniel doesn't die, Aiden will. It sucks,but people have been losing their favorite characters left and right in the last few months. I want Emily to wrap up her revenge by S4. I suppose I could tolerate S5,but killing Aiden still has to do with the Graysons and revenge against this whole thing.

Quote:
I did find it interesting that there were only a few faces crossed off the list, though. What were there, four or five? For some reason I thought there were more.
I didn't notice that-I thought it was just Liam. They can't cross off Pascale b/c he's alive atm.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenaya (View Post)
I didn't get that impression either.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I knew from day 1, from the moment Pascal was mentioned that he was connected to the Grayson's. Man, is he in deep, though, and what he did concerning Aiden's father is disgusting. Pascal, in my mind, is worse than the Grayson's. He is a murdering psychopath. So is Conrad but to me, Pascal is even worse. They are both horrible, though.

Margaux, his daughter, has gone from initially liking her to absolutely loathing this witch. I hate her with a passion, I hate her even more than Daniel at this point because you would expect Daniel to be this vindictive and manipulative. You would not expect Margaux to do this to Nolan as a supposed girlfriend of Jack. She is a witch, and I can't stand her. Her blowing off the fact that Jack was taking care of his alcoholic mother was pathetic. She couldn't have cared less. That is the definition of a heartless, self-serving person. She is the perfect love interest for Daniel. I can't stand her.

I love how Jack went straight to Emily after Margaux was heartless regarding his mother. Jack knew the only way to get emotional comfort and understanding was to go to the only person in his life he connects with and truly loves and that would be Emily. It was beautiful. In fact, every Jack and Emily scene was pure beauty. I love how he helped her, they literally took down that guy and it was so awesome to see. I loved the scene with them drinking wine after the fact as he tells her it's not going to work out with horrible Margaux. I loved it. I also noticed when they touched hands as they were passing that piece of paper or whatever, it looked romantic. Even THAT looked like foreshadowing and was romantic because the chemistry is thick and their connection is so real and believable. It was outstanding. Jack and Emily are well on their way. They are now true friends, very close, totally gray with that emotional/romantic connection. They are destined to be together, the writing's on the wall.

Victoria now knows Emily is doing this for David. WOW!!!!! The question is does she know why? Will she put it together that Emily is David's daughter? That has to be coming next but I am shocked she found out that literally Emily is getting revenge for David. Huge development!

Charlotte is literally poisoned by Daniel and it's really sad. I don't care about Margaux because I want her to go down in flames, I can't stand her. What she's already done is disgusting. She looks like the female form of Daniel, the evil monster. But Charlotte is wrapped up in all of this and is a victim. Her own sick brother is playing her. I want Charlotte out of this mess. She is not evil like Daniel or power hungry and vile like Margaux. She is like Emily, Jack and Nolan, she belongs with them, not these other evil serpents. I can't wait for her to find out she's Emily's sister. I would love for that to be in the season finale. It's long overdue.

Oh I loved how the beginning of this episode had a season 1 feel... it really reminded me of season 1 and the potential this show has to be so good. I loved that the sharpie is back! This episode reminded me of why this show is worth watching.

The very best scene of this episode was clearly Nolan going to war against Daniel. Oh man, that scene is not only the best of the episode, but one of the best of the entire series. It was so awesome I was grinning...

•“I just want you to understand. This is...war.” - Nolan
•“Are you out of your mind?” “No, but you must be, for pissing off a genius.” - Daniel and Nolan.

Nolan for the absolute win! Nolan looked so powerful and hungry for victory. He made Daniel look like a pathetic evil troll shrinking to defeat as Nolan's energy and words took him down lower and lower. Bring on this war because Nolan is going to destroy Daniel!

Excellent episode. I am so confident as an Emily/Jack fan. It was a beautiful episode for them. I love Nolan and what he is going to do to Daniel. I want both Pascal and Margaux off my screen. I hate them both.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:30 AM
Master Fan

I wouldn't mind Daniel and Margaux, though. They can be an evil super couple of doom. I don't think she didn't care at all or she wouldn't have told Jack to wait,but Daniel brings out the worst in her. I don't hate her,but I like their chemistry much better and initially, she took her clothes off for Daniel.

She and Jack are from two different worlds and with her new success,she won't have time for him at all. She should have realized that going after Nolan meant she'd lose a man who was truly there for her in every way. Jack can help Emily now and they'll all focus.

Nolan was the man,but he always is for the most part.