Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-06-2015, 10:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpolishchick2 (View Post)
If Travis was smart, he would not go there with Bay. He'll end up hurt in this and this thing with Garrett, is nothing more than a sexual rebound.
I agree about Garrett being a sexual rebound. I'm not sold on it being a bad idea for Travis. Bay already thinks they have a lot in common and he's been really supportive of her. And honestly, it really seems Travis is not that invested in his friendship with Emmett.

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 10-09-2015, 04:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpolishchick2 (View Post)
If Travis was smart, he would not go there with Bay. He'll end up hurt in this and this thing with Garrett, is nothing more than a sexual rebound.
I think Bay would readily agree that rebounding is what she is doing with Garrett. Bay is not interested in a relationship with Garrett. She is just interested in having sex with him, and she knows that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassiek (View Post)
I agree about Garrett being a sexual rebound. I'm not sold on it being a bad idea for Travis. Bay already thinks they have a lot in common and he's been really supportive of her. And honestly, it really seems Travis is not that invested in his friendship with Emmett.
I agree that Travis has zero investment in his connection with Emmett. I would not even call it a friendship, because it isn't.

But Travis does care for Melody, and Emmett is her son. So if Travis cares about his connection to the Bledsoe family overall, it would be better for him not to enter into a relationship with Bay.

But hey, perhaps Travis's feelings for Melody don't run that deep.

I'm not sold that Travis's feelings for Bay run that deep either, though. I don't even think Travis knows the real Bay. He has this image of her in his mind, and he believes that it is true. But Bay is a lot more multi-dimensional than Travis is even aware.

Travis does not know Bay took the fall for Daphne yet. Travis sees Bay as someone who needs protecting, just at a time when Bay feels she is strong enough to stand without someone else's protection.

Yes, Travis is supportive of Bay, and yes, they have a lot in common. I do believe Bay values Travis's friendship, and if Travis asks Bay for a romantic relationship, she will certainly consider it.

But I do not feel Travis is who or what Bay wants. Bay already tried to play it safe with Tank, and it blew up in her face. Bay doesn't want the safety of a good man right now. Bay wants to be adventurous and explore, either alone or with someone of a like mind.

I don't see that as Travis right now. But I guess we'll see what happens.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And I'm now getting more and more DC flashbacks. This is seriously some Pacey Joey stuff going on *sigh* so I guess Garrett is AJ from right before Pacey and Joey got together. But of course this is a different show (same major guy involved but that means nothing).
It does remind me a lot of DC, too. Not to get too OT, but I think the writers were surprised the popularity of P/J, but I haven't really been looking at social media to see how people feel about Bay & Travis. It would have been interesting had social media been around (at least to the extent it is now) during the DC P/J/D triangle. There were message boards and the like, but no FB, twitter, tumblr, etc.

I'm not really sure on where they'll land on Bay & Travis. It's hard in this day and age to flip the switch on the couple the fans perceives to be the OTP and turn another couple into it. But I guess DC did that so

It's funny that Bay was perceptive enough to look at Emmett before they even interacted and just know from the look Emmett gave Daphne that he was into her, but she seems to have no idea that Travis is into her. And when Daphne told Bay Tank was into her, Bay denied it.

I wonder if Bay has any inkling that Travis has feelings for her. She doesn't appear to. But then again, even if she did, I can see Bay avoiding it. Just because she said he's one of her best friends. She needs that now.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
It does remind me a lot of DC, too. Not to get too OT, but I think the writers were surprised the popularity of P/J, but I haven't really been looking at social media to see how people feel about Bay & Travis. It would have been interesting had social media been around (at least to the extent it is now) during the DC P/J/D triangle. There were message boards and the like, but no FB, twitter, tumblr, etc.

I'm not really sure on where they'll land on Bay & Travis. It's hard in this day and age to flip the switch on the couple the fans perceives to be the OTP and turn another couple into it. But I guess DC did that so
I get the feeling that the writers are 100% in control of how fans feel about Bay & Travis, and although I was not around for Dawson's Creek, I have a feeling that those writers were in control at the time, too.

To me, the Dawson's Creek writers decided to flip the switch, because that's the resolution that they loved best in the writers' room, and for no other reason.

The Switched at Birth writers stole a lot of Travis's thunder by introducing Garrett for Bay, and I believe that they did that on purpose. The writers are intuitive enough to know that if they wanted to build up Travis as Bay's OTP, then they could complete the annihilation of Emmett's character and do that.

With Bay using Travis to make Emmett jealous in Mexico, with the introduction of Garrett as a sexual partner for Bay, and with Travis's jealousy causing him to violate Bay's trust, I don't sense that the writers want to make Travis Bay's OTP. The same is true for Garrett, too. I don't sense that the writers want to make him Bay's OTP either.

Bay's OTP could be Emmett, someone she has not met yet (or interacted with recently), or Bay could be meant to live a life alone. Those seem to be the writers options, at this point.

I'm not sure which way the writers might go. After reading the ideas for Season 3 of the now cancelled Chasing Life, I realize that there seems to be a war on love in Hollywood these days. Writers seem to feel the Hollywood ending is cliche, at the moment. I think that's idiocy. Real life has plenty of Hollywood endings in it. Most of those same writers are in romantic relationships, while they are penning their stories. I see evidence of it on Instagram and Twitter. Some writers are even in marriages with young children.

Why wouldn't that be a true outcome for characters, too?

I'm not saying that anyone's relationship has to be perfect. But I, for one, LIKE seeing people have perfectly imperfect romantic relationships that they care enough about to accept the problems and work through them together.

A friendship like Bay and Travis share could be a foundation for that, if passion existed between them, too. But I do not feel it.

Bay & Emmett's passion for each other and their mutual meeting of the minds is absolutely a foundation for that kind of relationship. And yes, Bay & Emmett would have some differences to work through, too, but there's nothing wrong with that. That's the MOST interesting part of the story.

Quote:
It's funny that Bay was perceptive enough to look at Emmett before they even interacted and just know from the look Emmett gave Daphne that he was into her, but she seems to have no idea that Travis is into her. And when Daphne told Bay Tank was into her, Bay denied it.

I wonder if Bay has any inkling that Travis has feelings for her. She doesn't appear to. But then again, even if she did, I can see Bay avoiding it. Just because she said he's one of her best friends. She needs that now.
I think it's always easier to see someone's feelings for someone else, than to believe someone has feelings for you. Bay seemed shocked when Emmett kissed her for the first time at Buckner.

I don't think Bay has any idea that Travis is into her. I don't think she would have been heartless enough to use him the way that she did in Mexico, if she realized that he was nursing real feelings for her. Bay is an incredibly sensitive soul, and she would not have done that to Travis, unless she thought that it wouldn't affect him at all.

I hope, after everything Bay went through with Tank, that she will shut down Travis's fantasy about a relationship with her the instant she gets wind of it. I hope she will clearly and succinctly let him know that they are friends only, and that is all she will ever feel for him.

I believe Bay is a lot more in touch with her feelings now, than she was when Tank had a crush on her. I also feel like Bay is pass the BS of needing to entertain other people's wants and desires ahead of her own.

I hope she is. I also hope that Bay & Travis can maintain a platonic friendship, in the way that Bay & Tank should have been able to maintain a platonic friendship.

I wonder if Emmett and Travis will be able to repair their rift.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

This will all be really interesting.

As for people's opinion of Travis/Bay...I don't have Facebook, but sometimes I drop by there to look at pictures. It seems pretty mixed. The same with Youtube. It could go either way if fans have their say. It will have been a slow buildup if they do go there...and friendship is still fine if they don't. They have built a connection there.

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 12-13-2015, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
This will all be really interesting.

As for people's opinion of Travis/Bay...I don't have Facebook, but sometimes I drop by there to look at pictures. It seems pretty mixed. The same with Youtube. It could go either way if fans have their say. It will have been a slow buildup if they do go there...and friendship is still fine if they don't. They have built a connection there.
Yeah I think there is a mixed reaction
Old 12-15-2015, 10:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

I support a Travis/Bay friendship, but nothing more. So what if Bay liked a kiss? I've thought a kiss was a good one without pursuing a romantic relationship. I really get the feeling Bay wasn't as interested in as Travis as Travis is in her. She said it herself, Travis is a friend. I hoped she learned what sometimes pushing a friendship into a relationship can turn out, aka Tank.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:54 AM
Addicted Fan

I think they will still explore Travis and bay. To what extent idk but it would seem like a lot of wasted screentime to drop after they had them kiss in the finale. Plus daphne has already rejected Travis would they also have bay reject him too? Maybe they discover they're better as friends without any lingering or hard feelings, different to how tank still had feelings for bay because he still wanted to be with her. Or even though it's hard for me to see when looking at the larger narrative, maybe they plan to take them all the way. Blah.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sure they will Travis's feelings won't go away just like that.. specially since he's been having them for a while now

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-16-2015, 09:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
I'm sure they will Travis's feelings won't go away just like that.. specially since he's been having them for a while now
I don't even feel like Travis's feelings are sincere. If the writers wanted to make this storyline believable, then there are so many better ways that they could have done it. To me, it seems like Travis fell for Bay on a whim. It's so stupid. The things that the writers showed us last season aren't sincere. In fact, Travis screwed up in MAJOR ways. He made mistake after mistake with Bay. Travis's love was selfish, not selfless.

Telling Garret about Tank?

Renting the art gallery without telling Bay?

Those two things are huge no-no's and Travis dove right into them. He is such a loser dweeb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
I think they will still explore Travis and bay. To what extent idk but it would seem like a lot of wasted screentime to drop after they had them kiss in the finale. Plus daphne has already rejected Travis would they also have bay reject him too? Maybe they discover they're better as friends without any lingering or hard feelings, different to how tank still had feelings for bay because he still wanted to be with her. Or even though it's hard for me to see when looking at the larger narrative, maybe they plan to take them all the way. Blah.
Yep, Daphne has rejected Travis. Mary Beth has rejected Travis. Every girl attending Deaf Awareness Day at Maui, Kansas, rejected Travis. Just because a few girls thought Travis was cute on the ball field, it doesn't make Travis a catch. Travis has a big red "L" on his forehead, if the writers ask me. All we've ever seen is Travis be a loser in love.

And when someone breaks up with Travis, he sure doesn't spend much time saddened by the loss. Whether Daphne or Mary Beth, Travis moves on quickly.

Travis comes from a horrible home life. He is not good in school. He has a temper that makes him a terrible hot-head, and it's not just for big things, but for small ones, too. Travis has been a disloyal friend to Emmett, by making a move on Emmett's soulmate for whom he knows Emmett still has feelings.

Travis brings alcohol to underage parties, just like Tank. He is stupid enough to send Bay to a bedroom with her ex-boyfriend, while Emmett was away at college.

If the writers take Bay & Travis all the way, then to me, it can only be because Lizzy Weiss wants to replace Sean Berdy. I've read many times that Ryan Lane would have received the role of Emmett, if Sean Berdy had not come along. Maybe the writers feel that they made a mistake all those years ago.

This week, Lizzy Weiss tweeted a joke about her propensity to fire lead actors, in regards to D.W. Moffett. Sarcastically, she tweeted that D.W. had forgotten her birthday, and she doesn't take kindly to that, joking that his character would be killed off the show. But there is a lot of truth in humor, and if Lizzy Weiss feels a need to joke about the topic, then she must be sensitive to it. I wouldn't doubt for a minute that she would do something like that. She jokes that she makes all of her creative decisions that way, but truthfully, we are all influenced by personalities, whether we like to admit it or not.
Lizzy Weiss ‏@Lizzy_Weiss Dec 15
.@DWMoffett @LoveBerdies DW forgot my birthday this year and I really don't take well to that. I make all creative decisions this way.
It's a bummer for many reasons. I would have liked to have seen Bay with Garrett or a hearing character. WHY do the writers keep pairing Bay with Deaf characters? That's not realistic at all, and it diminishes the specialness of her relationship with Emmett. Ditto Emmett's relationship with Skye, a hearing girl. Can't any Deaf person date another Deaf person on Switched at Birth.

Plus, what was all that nonsense about Bay learning not to torture Emmett in Mexico, by dating his brother, if she is just going to turn around and do it. That's so stupid. I know Emmett gave her his blessing, but I don't care. If Bay has ANY feelings left for Emmett whatsoever, then dating his brother is unfair to both men.

If the writers are going to do this, then I don't want Travis claiming Melody as his pseudo-mom anymore. I'm tired of that anyway. Melody really went overboard in her "adoption" of Travis. He ain't that special. She doesn't need to devote her life to him.

The problem is that the writers are mixing up their personal feelings for the actors with the characters feelings for each other. There is NO REASON for Travis to be as close as he is to Emmett or Melody. I can see Travis's relationship with John, somewhat. Because John felt somewhat like a failure in his relationship with Toby, I do believe John's fondness for Travis. But the writers have not sold me on Melody's fondness for Travis, or Emmett's fondness for him, or even Daphne's fondness for him. The writers need to build up those relationships, if they want me to believe in them.

I hate the idea of Bay ending up with Daphne's reject.

If Bay & Travis have sex, then I won't want her to ever go back to Emmett. It's just too weird for me.
Old 12-20-2015, 05:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Bay doesn't have feelings for Travis. She said it herself, she views Travis as a really good friend.. If she's learned anything from Tank, she'll not go there. You can like a kiss but I still find it hard to believe she'd go there with how loyal she is to Mary Beth.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I knew very early on they would go Pacey and Joey at least for a bit. It was that same episode that really sold it for me...Pacey just waited around for a long time to move in. I did hear that he wasn't originally supposed to end up with Joey, though. And that Dawson was supposed to get her. I can also see a splash of Pacey in Emmett so I think it may be hard to match them quite so perfectly. And the long wait that Pacey/Joey fans had to endure could be something similar with Bay and Emmett. That being said, I still feel like Travis is this series Pacey and that Bay and he could grow together. If the writers decide to go that route.
When the girls return from China, Travis will have been waiting 10 months for Bay. That's a lot of time for the sexual tension to grow between them, even though they are out-of-sight and somewhat out-of-mind.

Bay will have had time to work through her heartbreak over Emmett, on her own. When Bay returns to the U.S. and sees Travis for the first time, all of that sexual tension between them, since the kiss, will still be there, and Bay will presumably be ready for a relationship that is not a rebound. Bay will be ready to move on with her life.

Emmett suggesting to Melody that they open their home to Travis was a truly kind gesture. Did Dawson do things like that for Pacey? Was he good to him?

My mind is closed to Travis for two reasons. First, I hate how he refused to consider allowing Bay to stay at Carlton, even after she helped the Deaf students. And second, I hate how Travis knows how deeply Emmett feels for Bay, and as his brother, he believes it was okay to make that move.

Quote:
I wouldn't say like better. Right now in her life and in his life, I think they would be good for each other.
I know Bay will be good for Travis. She will open his world to so many new possibilities. He needs that. I'm sure that is part of his attraction to her.

It would have been the same for Tank. Bay would have been so incredibly good for Tank, if she had sexual feelings for him. But she didn't. So trying to make their friendship a romance, without the sexual feelings, turned disastrous.

Bay really liked Travis's kiss, so I suppose she could develop sexual feelings for him. Travis is already Bay's best friend, so they have that solid foundation. I could see this being the second great love of Bay's life, if the writers take it there.

Emmett didn't (and doesn't) want to be with Bay any longer. I'm sure he has mixed feelings about it, but he wants to focus on his career and realizes a relationship with Bay would be too much pressure.

Emmett gave Bay his blessing, if she wants to be with Travis. Why can't I feel excited about Bay falling in love with Travis?

Something is missing. The writers could have given us moments to make me believe in the sincerity of Travis's love for Bay, and I haven't seen them. I'm not feeling it.

What gives? Do the writers want me to "not feel it" or do I have some inexplicable disconnect that no one else has? Is everyone else feeling the Travis love connection?

Quote:
As for if people will root for Bay and Travis more...I don't think we'll know for sure until we get into their relationship. People on youtube seem to be swaying to Travis' side, though. And they aren't even together (yet).
Many people posting on social media seem to see Bay & Emmett's breakup differently from me. My sister saw it like I do, and I did nothing to influence her. I wanted her honest reaction to the episodes this season, so I made sure she knew that. And she felt like I did straight down the line. We both felt like Bay was more to blame for their lost connection. So I am not the only one, but my sister and I might be the only two.

Maybe Travis will be good for Bay.

I am sure Travis will offer Bay emotional security. That's one thing Emmett does not provide. Emmett faked it, for a while. He seemed to want to protect Bay, but he couldn't keep it up. Emmett hurt Bay more than anyone or anything else ever did.

After everything Bay had been through with the switch, Emmett made promises of emotional security to Bay, but Emmett failed miserably. Both times.

The first time, Emmett was too traumatized by his own emotional problems, stemming from his parents' divorce. And the second time, Emmett was hurt by what happened between Bay & Tank and chose to put his career first.

The net result is that Emmett is forever branded a flake in my mind.

I don't care if Emmett becomes the most famous director to ever grace Hollywood, when it comes to matters of the heart, metaphorically speaking, Emmett has a bright red capital "L" for LOSER tattooed in permanent ink on his forehead now.

If Emmett had to fail, I wish he had only failed one time. Oh, well. C'est la vie.

Travis will be loyal to Bay, too. I thought Emmett was loyal to Bay, even after he cheated with Simone. Although it is odd, after the cheating, but I do not feel as though Emmett is loyal anymore. For me, that is something Emmett's character lost in Season 4.

Quote:
I don't think anyone could ever be as obnoxious as Dawson. He is just so terrible. I do say that Travis has the potential for the same lovableness. It's difficult because we still don't know him yet. I do like him though. I'm not 100% sold on him but I hated him before so it may be that getting in the way.
I've never watched an episode of Dawson's Creek, but are you sure Emmett's character is not there? He's pretty obnoxious.

Are you feeling more sold on Travis as the weeks go by? Or less?

I just cannot sell myself on Travis's lovableness. I already bought into Travis's abusive tendencies the writers tried to sell us during Season 2, and I cannot switch gears now.

I still remember Daphne's words to Emmett, after Bay's anti-Valentine's Day party, "He's an angry guy."

That's how I have always seen Travis. He has been in more fist fights than any other character. Nothing has changed. He is a bully.

I still remember Travis flailing his arms and hands all around in the air, making fun of the way Noah talked. That's why Noah called him a seal. Travis started it, with his bullying. Not only were the students in the pilot program trying, but Noah was dealing with losing his hearing. Travis was a jerk to all of them, especially during the uprising.

Plus, the idea that Travis was truly ready to go all vigilante on the dude from the food truck robbery scares the bejeezus out of me. He was waiting in the shadows outside the guy's workplace. That's insane.

Sometimes I wonder if the writers are not setting up Travis to be in an abusive relationship with Bay, but then, I remind myself that Bay has been through so much trauma in the last couple of years, and I tell myself that there is NO WAY the writers would do that to her next season.

Still, one of the hallmarks of abusive people is that they fall in love quickly and completely. Travis sure did with Bay.

Emmett's first kiss was delivered with the words "I like you."

Whereas Travis's first kiss was delivered with the proclamation "I love you, Bay." They have not even gone out on a date yet. Travis is moving things mighty fast. He knows Bay as a friend, but does he REALLY know Bay?

I wonder if Bay will ever tell Travis that she is NOT the one who vandalized the construction site. Travis told her that he is impressed she is a felon. He doesn't know the truth about Bay's decision yet. Travis doesn't know how that played into Emmett feeling completely abandoned by Bay on their graduation day.

I wonder how Travis will take revelations like that, when he is Bay's partner?

Or maybe Bay will put Travis first, in a way that she could not put Emmett first, because of his cheating. Maybe Bay & Travis will never have any relationship problems.

But Travis seems hostile. A lot. That's a classic sign of a potentially abusive partner. I can see why Travis admired that Bay pled guilty to felony property damage with a crowbar. That's right up Travis's alley.

Travis put down Mary Beth, making her feel like a ball and chain and shaking her fragile confidence in herself. That's another classic sign of an abusive partner. Despite loving Travis, Mary Beth broke up with him because of that.

During their relationship, Travis refused to talk about problems with Mary Beth. That's another classic sign of an abuser. I can still remember Mary Beth's words to Travis, as they waited for Derrick Coleman to show up at Alabama Al's. He was upset with her asking questions.
MARY BETH: As long as I don't ask you about your family? That's okay, but you don't want to talk about mine either. Every time I bring up my brother, you change the subject. I'd rather talk about him and feel a little sad than not talk about him at all. Okay, I won't push you on it.
Travis is more like an over-involved parent than a boyfriend. That's another classic sign of an abusive partner. Bay even claimed he made her feel like a child.

Telling Garrett about Tank is a HUGE mistake. So is paying for the art space without Bay's knowledge. It would have been a beautiful gesture, if Travis had taken Bay's portfolio and carted it around to different gallery owners to see, because he believes in her ability. That would have been a vote of confidence in Bay. But to pay someone to offer Bay the space as a lie, that was wrong.

9 Warning Signs Of Toxic Relationships | YourTango

Quote:
I believe his feelings for Bay. To me it said it all in his silence and in his actions. That was played very well.
It doesn't work for me. It doesn't feel sincere in the way that Emmett's feelings for Bay once felt sincere.

But seeing how that worked out in the end, I suppose Travis might be as sincere as a person could be. Obviously, looking at Emmett, I am a HORRIBLE judge of character.

Quote:
As for his bad home life and his emotional damage, that's what makes a compelling character. Hell, that's half the reason I was so in love with Pacey. He persevered even though his home life was bad. I see Travis as being the same. They parallel very well.
Again, I never saw Dawson's Creek, so I cannot compare, but it makes Travis seem more threatening to me. Knowing that he was abused by his parents and sexually abused by other adults and coupling that with is aforementioned anger, I feel like Travis is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode.

Plus, I really question Travis's morals. Travis was a-okay with Emmett keeping it a secret that Matthew was the one vandalizing the cars at Carlton. Travis was perfectly fine with cheating on an assignment this season in college.

How does Travis's stance on those two issues mesh with Bay's values?

Bay may have given into her feelings for Emmett in the park, while she was still dating Tank, but that doesn't mean she is okay with that kind of dishonesty.

Quote:
Time will only tell, but I think it will be long and drawn out. That's the way that Paul and Lizzy like things. :/
I don't even care anymore.

The writers have so ruined the romantic relationships for me that I have lost all feeling. I'm numb.

Quote:
Like I said perviously, I don't know if it bodes poorly. Pacey was a dark horse but an obvious one. Whereas Travis snuck up on us. And I still think Emmett has a dash of Pacey as well. So the storyline might play out like that as well. It would be interesting to go in deep comparison but I think it would take way too long and be a little outside of the realm of this thread...lol.
I loved Emmett's dark horse tendencies, but like I said, now he just seem unctuous to me.

I still have the mental picture of Emmett's boots hitting the ground in Mexico, and the dust that it raised. I still hear the roar of his motorcycle as it pulled up to the Kennish driveway, when Bay summoned him to say, "You are the one who I always come back to," while John Kennish's "Where in Mission Hills can I buy the morning-after pill" still hung in the air.

That "James-Dean-Rebel-Without-A-Cause" persona was so appealing, when I thought that it hid a sweetheart underneath. Now that I know it hides a self-centered ass, it's not appealing at all. It's obnoxious to the nth degree.

Here are some interesting thoughts on Bay & Travis, from earlier in this thread.

There are my own words:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I like the emo teen label. I would love to see Bay become a close friend to Travis. She's already a bit of a cupid for him with MB. I want to see Bay and Travis become good, good friends. I really do.

I think it's highly likely that Travis and Bay will be become even better friends than ever before, because of MB.

Bay could build up Travis's confidence by telling him he has that whole Matt Damon thing going on!
There are Alyssa's words:

Quote:
You know, as big of an Bay-Emmett fan as I am, I have to say, I think my crack!ship is Bay and Travis.

I definitely don't want them to be romantic now, but in an alternate universe no-Bay-and-Emmett? Yeah, I could have gotten into Bay and Travis. Sadly Vanessa is just shippable with nearly everyone and Ryan is so charismatic.

I am on board for a Bay-Travis besties friendship though.
I don't know.

Now that Emmett's true character has been revealed and he has been shown to be such a loser, maybe Travis is the best for Bay.

Whatever. I don't care. No character on Switched at Birth seems to have any quality worth believing in anymore.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I guess we are goign to see what more could happen between these two
Old 12-26-2015, 10:21 PM
Elite Fan

For fun, I went back to find my post that Amy quotes and it was from February 2013. Just about three years ago. At that point, we were only in 2A.

I've been so wrong on so many levels with this show, but I don't think they thought about Travis/Bay in 2013. I think they just used the current situation with Bay and Emmett and decided to throw Travis in there. But that's not all that surprising to me. I find that the longer a show goes on, the more random couplings you tend to find. Some of these are flash-in-the-pans, just filler, and I guess depending on writing changes and even audience response, some can stick.

Travis and Bay were definitely random. What I like to call the out of nowhere ships, which can be cool depending on certain factors. A couple I shipped really hard pre-Switched at birth and Bemmett was sort of OON. Meaning that while there was build up in the season where they got them together, there was no build up or foreshadowing in the preceding season. They hardly interacted and were with other people. I guess it depends on the writing and the actors' chemistry.

Neither of those seem to be particularly strong with Bay/Travis at the moment.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
For fun, I went back to find my post that Amy quotes and it was from February 2013. Just about three years ago. At that point, we were only in 2A.

I've been so wrong on so many levels with this show, but I don't think they thought about Travis/Bay in 2013. I think they just used the current situation with Bay and Emmett and decided to throw Travis in there. But that's not all that surprising to me. I find that the longer a show goes on, the more random couplings you tend to find. Some of these are flash-in-the-pans, just filler, and I guess depending on writing changes and even audience response, some can stick.

Travis and Bay were definitely random. What I like to call the out of nowhere ships, which can be cool depending on certain factors. A couple I shipped really hard pre-Switched at birth and Bemmett was sort of OON. Meaning that while there was build up in the season where they got them together, there was no build up or foreshadowing in the preceding season. They hardly interacted and were with other people. I guess it depends on the writing and the actors' chemistry.

Neither of those seem to be particularly strong with Bay/Travis at the moment.
I think one of two things happened. Either the writers read this thread, and we planted the seeds for a Bay & Travis coupling, OR the writers saw the same behind-the-scenes picture that I saw of Ryan Lane giving Vanessa Marano a piggy back ride while she eats an apple and thought, "Oh, they'd be cute together."

Vanessa Marano waxes poetic about how much she loves to work with Ryan Lane, so perhaps that plays into the writers' decision, too.

I remember Vanessa said that filming her sex scene with Sean Berdy was her least favorite moment on the show. She alluded that it was because of the cold, but as momentous as that scene was to Bemmett fans (who once upon a time were in large enough numbers to be important to the show), it seems crass for Vanessa to state it was her least favorite scene to film ever.

Way to drive a "Frida Kahlo" size pole through our collective guts, Vanessa. Thanks.

Honestly, I think the writers may have had a falling out with Sean Berdy in the middle of Season 1, and because of that, they have minimized his character's presence as much as possible and have brought in Ryan Lane to take his place. He is the actor who auditioned for the role originally and would have received it, if the writers had not hired Sean Berdy at the last minute.

For me, it's not that the character of Emmett is no longer involved with Bay. Romance drama is par for the course on a TV series. The telling sign is that the character of Emmett has been belittled and downplayed since the beginning of Season 1C.

I'll say one thing for the writers. No matter what their feelings about the actors, they have elicited some amazing performances from Sean Berdy throughout the entire series. The writers and producers are a LUCKY bunch to have enjoyed the work of such an extraordinary talent.