Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2015, 10:21 PM
Elite Fan

Let's just take a deep breath here before anything gets out of hand. As a representative of this board, I will say we try hard to not make anyone feel unwelcome.

Obviously nobody wants to feel that way and that was not the intention. I think there's just a lot of emotion concerning the show right now and we're all coming from different experiences and opinions.

Everyone is welcome to an opinion of course.

As far as the big "C" my own opinion is it's too early to gauge what ABC Fam will do simply because there's a lot of other factors. And we're only two episodes in and it might be premature to go there. But that is only my opinion.

I have seen speculation about it and it's going to come up. Clearly nobody wants to think about a show being canceled, but we want to stay apprised of the ratings.

So, it'll probably keep coming up. I think as long as everyone remains respectful, it'll be fine.

Grits, I am sorry that I don't know your name, but if you would like to continue discussing this matter, feel free to PM either myself or Amy. But I want to reiterate that it is never our intention to make posters feel unwelcome.

I think it would be best if we could move on and just continue discussing ratings and again, if anyone would like to discuss further, I'd rather do it privately than take up time on the thread.

Last edited by Slayerfan714; 01-15-2015 at 11:02 PM
Old 01-16-2015, 04:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRITS83 (View Post)
Just because someone doesn't post often doesn't mean they aren't a fan. I have posted on this forum before. It's just been a while because I've had other things going on in my life. I posted what I did because ratings are a concern at this point and as I said, if I had to guess, this will probably be the final season. That's my opinion and I'm allowed to share it. If you don't like my opinion please just ignore my posts. I really don't see any reason to call me out or try and make me feel unwelcome simply because you don't like what I had to say.
You are welcome here. We all love getting to know fellow fans of Switched at Birth and discussing the show.

You are entitled to your opinion, too, and of course, you are entitled to share it, to shout it from the rooftops even.

As a moderator, I am not allowed to ignore posts.

For some people, Switched at Birth is just a TV show and objective speculation about its possible cancellation is fun, like a game.

For me and for some others, the story is like a dear friend. I can discuss its demise, but I do not wish to do so glibly.

I appreciate what you had to say GRITS83. I don't dislike your opinion. I respect it. That particular speculation just happens to break my heart.

I want you to know, because I do hope you post here more often.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:09 PM
Master Fan

Showbuzz Daily is reporting Switched at Birth got 0.53 rating and 1,205,000 viewers on Tuesday night.

Pretty Little Liars dropped to a 0.7 Tuesday night, so that's a solid performance for Switched.

I'm glad to see it's staying above one million viewers. Hopefully, it will go even higher in the next few weeks.

Chasing Life only received a 0.4 for its premiere. Though, The Fosters received a 0.5 for its premiere.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Showbuzz Daily is reporting Switched at Birth got 0.53 rating and 1,205,000 viewers on Tuesday night.

Pretty Little Liars dropped to a 0.7 Tuesday night, so that's a solid performance for Switched.

I'm glad to see it's staying above one million viewers. Hopefully, it will go even higher in the next few weeks.

Chasing Life only received a 0.4 for its premiere. Though, The Fosters received a 0.5 for its premiere.
Thanks for the news, Amy.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:43 PM
Addicted Fan

at least it stayed steady from last week. and considering the movie into a different day and time, and the lack of promotion compared to the fosters and chasing life i think that's decent.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
at least it stayed steady from last week. and considering the movie into a different day and time, and the lack of promotion compared to the fosters and chasing life i think that's decent.
I hope it does well tonight.

We'll find out in a day or two.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

Showbuzz Daily is reporting .58.

Their numbers are a bit confusing to read, so it might get rounded up to a .6. And in terms of viewers, it says 1.297.

I'll update this when tvbythenumbers puts it up.

ETA:

Tvbythenumbers has SAB listed as a .6.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...y-more/356497/

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...1-27-2015.html
Old 01-28-2015, 03:33 PM
Master Fan

So for those keeping track:

Last night, Switched at Birth scored 0.6 with 1.297.

And on Monday this week, The Fosters scored 0.49 with 1.203.

Also on Monday this week, Chasing Life scored 0.29 with only 0.782.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:07 PM
Addicted Fan

yeah pretty good considering everything else other than pll is lower.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
yeah pretty good considering everything else other than pll is lower.
I wonder if this controversial storyline over the next few weeks will boost the Switched at Birth ratings, or if it will tank them.

No pun intended.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Ratings went up this past week with the promos they had. I don't think the storyline will hurt current ratings. But depending on how the story is resolved it could then drive away viewers.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:20 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sure they'll go up during the time the arc airs, but there is a possibility the way they go turns people off.

Or maybe not.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I'm sure they'll go up during the time the arc airs, but there is a possibility the way they go turns people off.

Or maybe not.
I hope that the ratings go up, but I just get this feeling that they might go down for the next two episodes. I guess we'll find out in a few days.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I hope that the ratings go up, but I just get this feeling that they might go down for the next two episodes. I guess we'll find out in a few days.
I guess it could go either way, but yes, we will find out in a few days.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I guess it could go either way, but yes, we will find out in a few days.
Yeah. I stay perpetually nervous about the ratings.

I noticed that DW Moffett tweeted a thank you to fans for last Tuesday night's ratings. He's a nice person. He really seems to appreciate that fans, and I definitely appreciate what he gives to the show, what they all give to the show.