Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2014, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

It would, but I doubt it'll happen. Sorry! Didn't mean to invoke any kind of panic.

I was just trying to explain that ABCFam has weird blocks of shows. Usually their winter season runs from January-March; their spring season March-June; their summer season June-August.

When SAB came back in 1C, it had a September-October run, which was odd.

I am 95% sure if it gets a renewal it will be January as it has been since the second half of season one premiered.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

What's odd of being renewed? Lol.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:18 PM
Elite Fan

The odds of a renewal you mean?

I think they are okay. The ratings slipped a bit from where they were a year ago, but seem to be steady now.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

^yeah, that's what I meant. Ha.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yikes! Especially considering The Fosters had a huge upswing in viewers and demo following.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah that's not good.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Maybe people are tired of Daphne acting like an idiot over Angelo when they were only bonding for like 4 episodes?

It's hard to place ratings blame on one story though.

I've been in and out of this show since the whole hideous Zarra arc. I feel like instead of keeping the seasons flowing, every ten episode is it's own mini show. Complete with new characters and completely forgetting about old ones.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:45 PM
Addicted Fan

I agree with too many new characters. It also separates the characters in ther own worlds. I like watching the characters we already know interact together.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
I agree with too many new characters. It also separates the characters in ther own worlds. I like watching the characters we already know interact together.
^ Yes, THIS, so much THIS!

The huge number of NEW guest stars every season is killing Switched at Birth. It becomes impossible to connect with the characters we know and love.

How deep of a story were the writers ever going to tell about Ty and his PTSD, about Cambell and his traumatic brain injury, about Sharee and her mentally ill mother?

In Season 2B and 3A, I would have rather seen a continued focus on the main characters, along with the ones we had just met in Season 2A at Carlton.

I don't know where to focus. I feel as though I have barely gotten to know Mary Beth and Travis, Melody and Gabe, Debbie and Cameron. And they should be important characters.

I barely know Toby!

Season 1A and 1B were great. We had Ty, Wilke, and Simone. Things seemed fine.

But after that, should I focus on Chef Jeff, Zarra, Nikki, Teo, Noah, Natalie, Matthew, Elisa, Jace, Chip Coto, Parker, Lana, Leo & Victor, Abby, Renzo?

Ahhh!

I try hard to follow and care. How many people know who Cody and Amy are from Season 2A? I do!

But even as closely as I follow, I still cannot make connections with that many characters.

I WANT MY FOCUS ON BAY, DAPHNE, EMMETT, and TOBY.

Why won't the writers let me get to know them better?
Old 07-29-2014, 03:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)

The huge number of NEW guest stars every season is killing Switched at Birth. It becomes impossible to connect with the characters we know and love.

How deep of a story were the writers ever going to tell about Ty and his PTSD, about Cambell and his traumatic brain injury, about Sharee and her mentally ill mother?

In Season 2B and 3A, I would have rather seen a continued focus on the main characters, along with the ones we had just met in Season 2A at Carlton.

I don't know where to focus. I feel as though I have barely gotten to know Mary Beth and Travis, Melody and Gabe, Debbie and Cameron. And they should be important characters.

I barely know Toby!

But after that, should I focus on Chef Jeff, Zarra, Nikki, Teo, Noah, Natalie, Matthew, Elisa, Jace, Chip Coto, Parker, Lana, Leo & Victor, Abby, Renzo?

Ahhh!

I try hard to follow and care. How many people know who Cody and Amy are from Season 2A? I do!

But even as closely as I follow, I still cannot make connections with that many characters.

Why won't the writers let me get to know them better?

Yes. This. And what was said about the mini show. Just when I start to like someone, they disappear.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

I barely know Toby!

Ahhh!

Why won't the writers let me get to know them better?]
Who are Teo and Elisa? I'm pretty sure Jace was the British guy right? Back in the mini show when Daphne was into politics. Remember when she was into cooking?

We get all this random stuff and all I want to see is Bay bonding with Regina, which we've have absolutely never gotten. I don't mind new stuff here and there, but the show changes focus so much it's just puts me off.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Not surprised at all.. Start listening to the damn audience for gods sake.. Promote it more and enough with these pointless guest stars and trivial stories
Old 07-29-2014, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeSomeday (View Post)
Who are Teo and Elisa? I'm pretty sure Jace was the British guy right? Back in the mini show when Daphne was into politics. Remember when she was into cooking?

We get all this random stuff and all I want to see is Bay bonding with Regina, which we've have absolutely never gotten. I don't mind new stuff here and there, but the show changes focus so much it's just puts me off.
Teo was the guy who was with Bay in the pilot program for like an episode. Well, technically he was in 2x01 and 2x02 and then never heard from again. He was replaced with Noah, but he and Bay had a cute little banter going on (though lbr, he probably would have become a love interest because platonic friends of opposite sexes? )

Elisa was the daughter of the woman running against John who hooked up with Toby. She's played by Lea Thompson's real life daughter. We found out in 2x10 that Elisa is bipolar and that's why her mom dropped out of the race and John won.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeSomeday (View Post)

Cody and Amy? no really, who?

And you forgot Aida..and what's that girl that thought she was pregnant by Chip Coto, and Nikki, and Nikki's mom...and Sharee's mom..