New This or That thread:

http://www.fanforum.com/f376/switche.../#post79020648

ETA;

New anti-abc thread:

http://www.fanforum.com/f376/switche.../#post79112252

Last edited by Slayerfan714; 11-29-2014 at 04:05 PM
Old 12-13-2014, 09:37 AM
Absolute Fan

Hi, I'm Sam. I just started watching the show and I'm only 2 episodes in but I really like it so far
I'm in love and always will be
Old 12-13-2014, 09:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by samzi (View Post)
Hi, I'm Sam. I just started watching the show and I'm only 2 episodes in but I really like it so far
Welcome Sam. I'm Alyssa and I hope you enjoy yourself on the board!
Old 01-01-2015, 07:53 AM
Master Fan

New The Person Above Me (TPAM) thread:

http://www.fanforum.com/f376/tpam-11.../#post79557558
Old 02-18-2015, 04:41 PM
Master Fan

New Hangman Thread # 9:

http://www.fanforum.com/f376/switche.../#post80251045
Old 03-01-2015, 04:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Hi!

Name: Sarah
Birthday (would you like to be added to the list?): May 16th, and sure.
Why do you love the show?: I mainly started watching because I find the ASL immensely fascinating, but now I watch because I love seeing the relationships, romantic and otherwise. Plus, the cast is so pretty.
Fav character?: Bay
Fav couple?: Ty/Bay, Wilkie/Daphne, pretty much anyone but Emmet and Bay (please hold your pitchforks). But to me, I think the relationship between Daphne and Bay is far more important than any of the romantic relationships they could have on the show.
Other boards you post on: Right now, none. I used to post on the site very often, mostly on the Reese Witherspoon board, but then life/school got really busy and I haven't been on here in a few years. Life has calmed down since then (although I'm starting graduate school in May, so this calm won't last too much longer!).
Anything else: I love talking about Switched with people, and not a lot of my friends watch it, so hopefully I'll remember/be able to post here a lot.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:44 PM
Master Fan

Welcome, Sarah!

My name is Amy. Glad to have you here joining us!

I love Bay & Emmett, so we disagree there. I thought Ty was a horrible boyfriend for Bay. And I think Daphne and Bay actually hold no importance in each other's life.

Truly, I just don't think that relationship means anything, nor should it mean anything. (So, you will have to hold your pitchfork for me, too!)

BUT, I have always loved Reese Witherspoon, and grad school was one of the best times of my life. You will adore it! I cannot wait to hear more about your studies.

I find ASL fascinating, too. Emmett is my all-time favorite character, and his ASL is beautiful. I am mesmerized by it.

We have an off-topic thread where we talk about everything from the weather to work, and we also have individual episode threads. There's a general discussion thread for the show, too.

I hope to see you there!
Old 03-01-2015, 10:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Welcome, Sarah!

My name is Amy. Glad to have you here joining us!

I love Bay & Emmett, so we disagree there. I thought Ty was a horrible boyfriend for Bay. And I think Daphne and Bay actually hold no importance in each other's life.

Truly, I just don't think that relationship means anything, nor should it mean anything. (So, you will have to hold your pitchfork for me, too!)

BUT, I have always loved Reese Witherspoon, and grad school was one of the best times of my life. You will adore it! I cannot wait to hear more about your studies.

I find ASL fascinating, too. Emmett is my all-time favorite character, and his ASL is beautiful. I am mesmerized by it.

We have an off-topic thread where we talk about everything from the weather to work, and we also have individual episode threads. There's a general discussion thread for the show, too.

I hope to see you there!
Hi, Amy! It looks like we have different opinions, but that's okay! To each their own. :-) I will definitely check those threads out and post in them.

I'm so excited to start grad school. I'm going for library science, what did you go for?
Old 03-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavitaebella (View Post)
Hi!

Name: Sarah
Birthday (would you like to be added to the list?): May 16th, and sure.
Why do you love the show?: I mainly started watching because I find the ASL immensely fascinating, but now I watch because I love seeing the relationships, romantic and otherwise. Plus, the cast is so pretty.
Fav character?: Bay
Fav couple?: Ty/Bay, Wilkie/Daphne, pretty much anyone but Emmet and Bay (please hold your pitchforks). But to me, I think the relationship between Daphne and Bay is far more important than any of the romantic relationships they could have on the show.
Other boards you post on: Right now, none. I used to post on the site very often, mostly on the Reese Witherspoon board, but then life/school got really busy and I haven't been on here in a few years. Life has calmed down since then (although I'm starting graduate school in May, so this calm won't last too much longer!).
Anything else: I love talking about Switched with people, and not a lot of my friends watch it, so hopefully I'll remember/be able to post here a lot.

Welcome, Sarah.

My name is Alyssa. Glad to have you at the board!!
Old 03-02-2015, 08:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)

Welcome, Sarah.

My name is Alyssa. Glad to have you at the board!!
Hi! Aw, one of my best friends is named Alyssa. Nice to meet you!
Old 03-04-2015, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavitaebella (View Post)
Hi! Aw, one of my best friends is named Alyssa. Nice to meet you!
It's a cool name, if I don't say so myself

It's funny. When I was younger, it was uncommon. The only Alyssa I knew of besides myself was Alyssa Milano. Now I run into more. And I actually know of a few who have my exact birthday. Freaky.

Anyway, welcome again
Old 03-04-2015, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
It's a cool name, if I don't say so myself

It's funny. When I was younger, it was uncommon. The only Alyssa I knew of besides myself was Alyssa Milano. Now I run into more. And I actually know of a few who have my exact birthday. Freaky.

Anyway, welcome again
My daughter's first name is Alyssa. She goes by her middle name, Eve, but I love the name Alyssa!
Old 03-04-2015, 08:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
My daughter's first name is Alyssa. She goes by her middle name, Eve, but I love the name Alyssa!
I don't think I knew that, Amy.

I do have a very nice name I didn't like it when I was younger though. Especially since people would mishear it and call me 'Melissa.' My mom likes to tell me how I would get upset with them and go "Not M-A. A. A."

My sister-in-law is named Amy.

I think my great grandmother on my dad's side was a Sarah. Which is why my dad is Stephen. In Judaism, you name after the dead with the first letter of the either the first name or the Hebrew name.

I'm Alyssa because my dad's father was named Abraham.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:57 PM
Master Fan

New TPAM thread:

http://www.fanforum.com/f376/tpam-12.../#post80956195