Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-17-2017, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Soul Sisters [Bay & Daphne Appreciation] #3: "My sister took the hit for both of us."

FANS:
1. Queen of Babble
2. bellagrey13
3. Sincerly, me.
4. sweetxmisery
5. julyhsm
6. BlackHalo
7. carleymarie
8. forever yours
9. jessec12
10. GrhmLz
11. Something special
12. Devoted Soul
13. P&B4ever
14. girlyshorty85
15. ღThetis
16. Tina
17. s e r e n i t y
18. Stay to the Lights
19. Wingster
20. MPFan09
21. xlennie
22. WeBuiltThePyramids
23. TobyJenna
24. MaybeLove.
25. Bronson
25. Slayerfan714
26. GoddessofYouth
27. lulu-144
28. baelfire24
29. *Lizzie*
30. socialfirefighter
31. Scribbled Pretty
32. girl under the floor

Last edited by girl under the floor; 02-08-2017 at 04:58 AM
Old 01-18-2017, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread
Old 01-19-2017, 04:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome
Old 01-19-2017, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

and how are you doing today?
Old 01-20-2017, 03:23 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Paula!
Old 01-20-2017, 01:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the new thread! Looking forward to more of Bay and Daphne very soon!
Old 01-20-2017, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

ThANKS GUYS
Old 01-24-2017, 01:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

So I'm currently rewatching the show and I'm at the end of season one. So far with these two my review is, that there really is no relationship yet. I mean there's not a whole lot of bonding going on. Seems like when Bay and Emmett became a thing, there wasn't a bond because of some jealousy, and Daphne became close with Wilkie and then Simone.
The only memorable thing between them that I can think of yet so far is when Daphne became a little protective at prom when she figures out that Emmett and Simone slept together. I think there was some anger beneath in the way she immediately questioned Wilkie and saying something along the lines of "This involves my brother and Bay and my best friend how could you not tell me?" I thought it was sort of sweet toward both Bay and Toby. But I don't know if anyone else quite read it that way.

Then after that, you'd think with Emmett out of the picture that there'd be nothing in the way but Daphne gets involved with "Chef Jeff" and Bay gets into the art scene with Zarra. So there's truly not much going on just yet. I of course knew they weren't super close in the beginning but I really wanted to pay closer attention to these things and it's harder than I thought to think of a moment that stuck out better
Old 01-24-2017, 04:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Pretty (View Post)
So I'm currently rewatching the show and I'm at the end of season one. So far with these two my review is, that there really is no relationship yet. I mean there's not a whole lot of bonding going on. Seems like when Bay and Emmett became a thing, there wasn't a bond because of some jealousy, and Daphne became close with Wilkie and then Simone.
The only memorable thing between them that I can think of yet so far is when Daphne became a little protective at prom when she figures out that Emmett and Simone slept together. I think there was some anger beneath in the way she immediately questioned Wilkie and saying something along the lines of "This involves my brother and Bay and my best friend how could you not tell me?" I thought it was sort of sweet toward both Bay and Toby. But I don't know if anyone else quite read it that way.

Then after that, you'd think with Emmett out of the picture that there'd be nothing in the way but Daphne gets involved with "Chef Jeff" and Bay gets into the art scene with Zarra. So there's truly not much going on just yet. I of course knew they weren't super close in the beginning but I really wanted to pay closer attention to these things and it's harder than I thought to think of a moment that stuck out better
Yes, I remember that line well. Venus, Cupid, Folly, and Time is one of the first episodes where Bay and Daphne are being genuinely nice to each other, for an extended period of time (or at least for more than an isolated moment).

At prom, Daphne tells Wilke, "This concerns my brother, my best friend and Bay. You didn't think I should know?" At first, I thought Daphne was saying Bay was her best friend, but then, I realized that she meant Emmett, as her best friend.

Bay wasn't her sister yet, and Daphne obviously didn't know what to call her, but it's equally obvious that Daphne realizes Bay's importance to her, at least as the person with whom she has been switched. To me, in that sentence, it's as if the name Bay carries all of this weight for Daphne. Bay is this mystery or puzzle about which Daphne cannot quite figure out, yet, how she is supposed to feel. But, for good or bad, Daphne realizes something deep between them exists.

Daphne seems to realize that she needs to make this relationship work, and she seems none too pleased that Emmett may have jeopardized that for her, with both of her siblings, no less.

It is interesting, though, how Daphne could not care less about her relationship with Toby and Bay, when she is grieving Angelo's death, later in the series. It's a complicated relationship between those two, Daphne and Bay, especially at that point in their lives.

Probably nothing happened between Bay and Daphne, once Emmett was out of the way, after prom, as you say, because Bay went to the Galapagos. Daphne ended up bonding more with Toby that summer and maintaining her bond with Emmett, while Bay was away.

Then, when the new school year started, the two girls stayed on their separate paths. Nothing existed to draw them closer together, at that point.

I enjoyed watching Bay and Daphne interact in that early prom episode. Their feelings for each other seemed sincere. Lately, though, everything feels fake and forced between Bay and Daphne to me. I like the two girls being separated, now. I don't like watching Bay and Daphne together, because I do not believe their feelings for each other are sincere anymore. Daphne allowing Bay to take the fall for her still has things off balance between them, in my opinion.

I miss the days when things seemed perhaps imperfect, but definitely more sincere.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

Yeah I got the same impression as well
Old 01-25-2017, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Amy thank you for your very thoughtful response, and I agree with you

But now...I'm entering season 2 and I have so much to say that's not good about them ugh Daphne...why oh why do you have to be so self-righteous over the Occupy Carlton event? Bay has been nothing but supportive and so far with her transition to Carlton has been downright enraging for me
Old 01-26-2017, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

But now...I'm entering season 2 and I have so much to say that's not good about them ugh Daphne...why oh why do you have to be so self-righteous over the Occupy Carlton event? Bay has been nothing but supportive and so far with her transition to Carlton has been downright enraging for me
I dont think that aspect of Daphne would ever change
Old 02-04-2017, 04:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

When you think that one year after Daphne treated Bay so horribly, Bay was falling on the sword for Daphne, it is devastating.

I want to love the two sisters together, but Bay's sacrifice makes their relationship so lopsided that I cannot.

Does anyone think the writers will have Daphne sacrifice something big for Bay at some point, before the end?
Old 02-04-2017, 05:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
When you think that one year after Daphne treated Bay so horribly, Bay was falling on the sword for Daphne, it is devastating.

I want to love the two sisters together, but Bay's sacrifice makes their relationship so lopsided that I cannot.

Does anyone think the writers will have Daphne sacrifice something big for Bay at some point, before the end?
The "sacrifice" that she is supposed to make is to make EVERY effort to become a doctor. So far that has not happened. The ONLY sacrifice that she made was to get a tattoo.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S (View Post)
The "sacrifice" that she is supposed to make is to make EVERY effort to become a doctor. So far that has not happened. The ONLY sacrifice that she made was to get a tattoo.
Yeah that the only thing I saw her doing lol