Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2015, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Low Post Count Warning - Please Read

Hi everyone. We have a rule here at Fan Forum that if no one posts on a board for more than 48 Hours, we post a warning on the board, and start an immediate post count, and if the board has less than 105 posts in a week, the board will be closed. No one posted on this board for over 48 hours, so I will be starting a post count for this board today, and I will end it a week from now, and if it has less than 105 posts, it will be closed.

Switched at Birth: 12/10/15 8:40 PM CDT Post Count: 65,744

Please note that boards need to average 15 posts a day in order to remain here. Thank you.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-11-2015, 07:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Hi everyone. We have a rule here at Fan Forum that if no one posts on a board for more than 48 Hours, we post a warning on the board, and start an immediate post count, and if the board has less than 105 posts in a week, the board will be closed. No one posted on this board for over 48 hours, so I will be starting a post count for this board today, and I will end it a week from now, and if it has less than 105 posts, it will be closed.

Switched at Birth: 12/10/15 8:40 PM CDT Post Count: 65,744

Please post on this board if you wish it to remain here. Thank you.
Okay. I thought there were no post counts for the months of November or December, so that's my fault. I've been telling everyone that a vacation from the board would not hurt anything this month. The show has been so depressing that some of us needed a break.

Maybe we should let the board go. I was inspired when I saw Anne's most recent post, and I had a dozen ideas of things I could post in my mind. But then I saw this post, and it makes me feel deflated, like it's not worth it.

The rules for Fan Forum are confusing. Why have celebratory posts on the moderator board about "a break" from post counts, if the counts still matter?

I guess it's just the weekly or monthly count that did not have to be as high as usual, but that wasn't clear to me. It still isn't. I've actually had people contact me in private, and I told them not to worry about our post counts until January, to take a break and come back strong then.

If one post in the last 48 hours would have avoided this problem, I wish I would have known. I apologize to the people who care. It was completely my fault. I misunderstood the Fan Forum management.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Sorry, it's end of the semester here and I had three classes I was TAing and a journal and conference paper to write! I'm back in the game now! Maybe not every single day...but you should see me posting a couple times a week! Don't despair Ollibear, I'll try to pull my weight!

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 12-13-2015, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassiek (View Post)
Sorry, it's end of the semester here and I had three classes I was TAing and a journal and conference paper to write! I'm back in the game now! Maybe not every single day...but you should see me posting a couple times a week! Don't despair Ollibear, I'll try to pull my weight!
It was my fault, and it will probably cost us the board. But maybe it was meant to be.

We'll see what happens, I guess.

It's not going to be easy to come up with enough posts every week. If we are even one post short, then the board will immediately be gone.

So post, if you want to keep this board alive.

Since the board may very well be gone, any day now, remember that there is a board for "couples" here at Fan Forum. Once Bay and Daphne are settled into their next relationships for Season 5, fans can make threads for them.

Or if you don't mind spoilers, you can find a Switched at Birth thread on the spoiler board here at Fan Forum.

There are other places to talk about Switched at Birth, if this board disappears tomorrow (or any day over the next six months, while we are on warning-status).
Old 12-13-2015, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I am here to help you guys
Old 12-15-2015, 10:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

I am here to help. I had a health crisis so I apologize.
Old 12-16-2015, 02:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpolishchick2 (View Post)
I am here to help. I had a health crisis so I apologize.
Thanks, Sadie! I've missed you. I'm so glad you are okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
Yeah I am here to help you guys
We need it desperately! Thank you so much!
Old 12-16-2015, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's not the end of the board yet..

We shouldn't give up that easily
We can do that

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-16-2015, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah we wont
Old 12-18-2015, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Switched At Birth: 12/18/2015 10:17 AM CDT Post Count: 65,917

65,917 - 65,744 = 173 Posts

This board met the minimum number of posts to remain here, but it will be placed on the Low Post Count Warning List, and if it goes without a post for 48 Hours or if it fails to meet the minimum monthly average of 15 posts a day at any time in the next six months, it will be closed without doing another post count. Thanks.

Please keep this thread topped until your trial period is over. Thanks.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-20-2015, 05:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Awseome News! I have been trying to come on here more to post and will continue to do so!
Old 12-26-2015, 08:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpolishchick2 (View Post)
Awseome News! I have been trying to come on here more to post and will continue to do so!
Thanks, Sadie! I am worried about our post count this week, because things were slow for the last couple of days, so I appreciate that.

Fifteen posts per day does not seem like a lot, but to do it consistently, EVERY DAY, is not easy for this board. And we cannot be short, for even one month. If we are short, the board will be immediately closed.

If anyone can contribute, even one post here and there, it would be a tremendous help in keeping the board open. Thank you!

Thanks, ~Twilighter Tee~ and Queen of Babble! You both have helped us so much!
Old 12-26-2015, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

You are welcome I will continue to help out
Old 12-29-2015, 06:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

Haha. I think I hit fifteen all by myself today...lol. We can keep this going, I know it!

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 12-29-2015, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassiek (View Post)
Haha. I think I hit fifteen all by myself today...lol. We can keep this going, I know it!
Yeah we can