Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-04-2016, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
i really miss these two. i don't expect to see them as a couple again on the show, which is sad. if they end up together, it will be at the end of the series. but i am okay with that as long as there is a good multi-episode build up to get to that final endgame.
I would be okay with that too, I just need some hope
Old 03-04-2016, 04:38 PM
Addicted Fan

yes hope is definitely lacking right now.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
i really miss these two. i don't expect to see them as a couple again on the show, which is sad. if they end up together, it will be at the end of the series. but i am okay with that as long as there is a good multi-episode build up to get to that final endgame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
I would be okay with that too, I just need some hope
How did either of you get to a place where you are okay with that? What sort of acrobatics do I need to do with my thought processes to reach that place, too?

How do I get there?

Because right now, I am not okay with that. It's not good enough. It's not good enough at all. To me, at the moment, that resolution feels like a slap in the face to Bemmett fans and to fans of Switched at Birth in general. That resolution feels dishonest.

When I look back at the things we wrote (and tweeted) in March of 2014, right after Bay and Emmett made love for the first time, I never would have dreamed we would be at THIS place with so little to show for their reunion two years later.

So many of us wrote (and fully believed) that when the show returned that summer, we would see Bay and Emmett full of passion for each other. We thought that they would be having sex all over the place. After everything that Bay & Emmett had been through to reunite, we wrote that there was no way they would ever let each other go again, because no one else would ever suffice.

We didn't get any passion. Bay was great at playing her keep-away game from the first time they hung out together in Emmett's bedroom.

The one time that Bay and Emmett did make love with each other, a YEAR later, Emmett kept on his shirt. Emmett didn't even kiss Bay once during their entire reunion weekend, and they had been separated for months.

Emmett didn't kiss Bay when he left for LA either. There was no passion, like in their first relationship.

Bay kept several secrets from Emmett during their second relationship. She put others before him, even her ex-boyfriend. And Emmett did nothing to open up the communication between them. He just accepted it all as it was happening, and then, abandoned Bay with no warning.

We never got to see Bay and Emmett function as a team. I don't believe they are capable of it, because they would have worked together as a team, if they could.

After everything we experienced waiting for Bay & Emmett to reunite, to have such little payoff is not okay with me, a multi-episode build up (which we may not even get) to see that final endgame is not okay with me. It's not enough.

I want to see Bay & Emmett as a couple, and enjoy them together as a couple, or I don't want to see them reunite at all.

It feels dishonest and contrived to put Bay & Emmett together at the end.

This TV series has been a lot of different things to a lot of different people, but it has never once been a happily-ever-after fairy tale. If the writers make it that at the end, it will feel like a platitude to appease viewers. I can't think of much more disrespectful than that.

Maybe that's what we will receive from the writers, but I hope for something more honest.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
yes hope is definitely lacking right now.
I mean they keep giving it and taking it back
Old 03-10-2016, 10:12 PM
Elite Fan

I think it depends on my mood which definitely switches.

There are some days I want it to be realistic and others where I could care less if it's realistic, as long as they are endgame.

I probably would be disappointed with some hackneyed last second finale reunion only because as a fan, you dream of moments, and the last second reunion is pretty much without any of those moments and thus, without any payoff.

At this point, I could live with a five-episode build up I think. I wouldn’t expect a full half of build up because it’s LW, but I feel if it’s more than just literally the last episode, I could deal with a short build up.

I have tried not to think about the show too much because being as invested as I once was, it hurt. A lot. It’s funny because sometimes I read how badly people are affected by a show and it’s like “C’mon...it’s not that serious,” but I did feel that way once about SAB. I won’t let myself get that attached again.

Anyway, the whole point to my little shpiel is that I’m not actively thinking about what is going to happen this next season, but as I was in the shower the other day, I did think of a scenario that could be plausible.

I could see Emmett’s student film becoming larger than he expected. Like perhaps some big shot Hollywood producer comes along and really wants to help Emmett turn it into some major romantic film. I do think in this day & age, a Deaf director would pique people’s interest. So, yeah, Emmett’s movie becomes a hit and of course, people want to know what inspired it, etc. I don’t think it would take very long for some budding journalist/tabloid writer to find out about Emmett and Bay’s past.

I could see Emmett with Skye and Bay with Travis and both of them trying to make it work with their respective partners. I could see Bay even supporting Emmett’s film by going to see it, like he came to her art opening, but the two of them trying to keep their distance. And then an article comes out about Bay & Emmett’s epic love. They both try to deny it because, gosh, as much as they love each other, it’s been rough. But no go, Skye and Travis see that no matter how many times they say they are happy with them, no matter how many times they insist it’s over, it’ll never be over for Bay & Emmett.

So, they bow out and Bay and Emmett finally sit down and talk, like talk, about their relationship and agree to give it a final go.

Of course, that is how I would write it, but then again, I’m just a lowly court reporter trying to make her way in publishing and I really have no idea WTF I’m talking about half the time. So….
Old 03-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Quote:
This season of #SwitchedatBirth will be our final one. We are ending the show after an amazing 103 episodes with pride, love, and gratitude.
https://twitter.com/Lizzy_Weiss/stat...60126961737730

So 10 episodes for season 5? let's pray Bemmett end up together

Spoiler:
Old 03-11-2016, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the info.

It definitely helps going in knowing that it's the end. And I hope LW doesn't waste these ten over stupid crap, but she probably will.

And of course she posts that Trolling to the end.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I think it depends on my mood which definitely switches.

There are some days I want it to be realistic and others where I could care less if it's realistic, as long as they are endgame.

I probably would be disappointed with some hackneyed last second finale reunion only because as a fan, you dream of moments, and the last second reunion is pretty much without any of those moments and thus, without any payoff.

At this point, I could live with a five-episode build up I think. I wouldn’t expect a full half of build up because it’s LW, but I feel if it’s more than just literally the last episode, I could deal with a short build up.

I have tried not to think about the show too much because being as invested as I once was, it hurt. A lot. It’s funny because sometimes I read how badly people are affected by a show and it’s like “C’mon...it’s not that serious,” but I did feel that way once about SAB. I won’t let myself get that attached again.

Anyway, the whole point to my little shpiel is that I’m not actively thinking about what is going to happen this next season, but as I was in the shower the other day, I did think of a scenario that could be plausible.

I could see Emmett’s student film becoming larger than he expected. Like perhaps some big shot Hollywood producer comes along and really wants to help Emmett turn it into some major romantic film. I do think in this day & age, a Deaf director would pique people’s interest. So, yeah, Emmett’s movie becomes a hit and of course, people want to know what inspired it, etc. I don’t think it would take very long for some budding journalist/tabloid writer to find out about Emmett and Bay’s past.

I could see Emmett with Skye and Bay with Travis and both of them trying to make it work with their respective partners. I could see Bay even supporting Emmett’s film by going to see it, like he came to her art opening, but the two of them trying to keep their distance. And then an article comes out about Bay & Emmett’s epic love. They both try to deny it because, gosh, as much as they love each other, it’s been rough. But no go, Skye and Travis see that no matter how many times they say they are happy with them, no matter how many times they insist it’s over, it’ll never be over for Bay & Emmett.

So, they bow out and Bay and Emmett finally sit down and talk, like talk, about their relationship and agree to give it a final go.

Of course, that is how I would write it, but then again, I’m just a lowly court reporter trying to make her way in publishing and I really have no idea WTF I’m talking about half the time. So….
honestly i hope his movie comes up again in some way.

i'm glad we'll know if they are endgame when these next 10 end. i hope they are, but 10 eps isn't a whole lot of time to fix what they did over the last 20. guess we'll see.

Quote:
And I hope LW doesn't waste these ten over stupid crap, but she probably will.
haha omg of course she will.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I think that's from 5x07 (the 100th episode that they're filming right now)
Old 03-11-2016, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I think that's from 5x07 (the 100th episode that they're filming right now)
yeah I believe so
Old 03-13-2016, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I hope we'll get some good moments on S5
Old 03-13-2016, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I hope we'll get some good moments on S5
Yeah at this point that is all we can hope for.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

I just hope whatever is between this is authentic. Even if it's not realistic, I want it to feel organic. Honestly though, I don't feel like I need them to be together anymore. Just being important to each other (at least in their memories) is enough for me.

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 03-14-2016, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I'll always want them to get back together, I miss them

Old 03-14-2016, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

Aww, baby bemmett when everything was innocent and didn't hurt as much