Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

Sad to say that Ringer ended up coming third in the Eonline poll Community won it

Although I am still really proud that Ringer came third out of all of the starting shows. Considering it has only had one season, and some of those others shows are well into their stride, the fans of Ringer did really well
It came the highest out of all the CW shows And I hope the CW realises that Ringer is a loved show with many fans
Old 05-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Elite Fan

I'd be incredibly depressed if it got cancelled. It was my favourite show this season and the last episode left so much potential for more.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 05-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Have Eyes For You (View Post)
Sad to say that Ringer ended up coming third in the Eonline poll Community won it

Although I am still really proud that Ringer came third out of all of the starting shows. Considering it has only had one season, and some of those others shows are well into their stride, the fans of Ringer did really well
It came the highest out of all the CW shows And I hope the CW realises that Ringer is a loved show with many fans
I hope so i do not want it cancelled.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:13 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah it was my fav show of the year too I think there is a lot more of the story to be told yet

We can only hope now I guess

But I don't think it is too long before the CW announces its renewals
Old 05-02-2012, 06:56 AM
Elite Fan

I had no idea the ratings weren't good. I guess it goes to show that most viewers are just too lazy, maybe even dumb, to watch something that requires a bit more from them than just looking for "the monster/killer of the week". Somehow that seems to be my main problem with telly - the shows that get season after season after season usually bore me to tears because there is no story-arc that carries through the show. /frustrated rant

Perhaps we are lucky and they give it a mid-season renewal? Considering SMG's pregnancy and all. *sigh*

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 05-02-2012, 07:03 AM
Elite Fan

I agree with your frustrated rant

The networks are full of inane, predictable shows which require no thought to watch. I cannot count how many shows there are which just retell the same stories over and oer again. I love Ringer because it keeps the watchers on thier toes and actually requires its viewers to think about whats happening

It is a shame such a different and well-made show does not get the credit it deserves, when I am sure there are gonna be some predictable, dull shows that will be renewed without any problem
Old 05-02-2012, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

Exactly, that was what I liked, there was rarely anything I found terrible predictable, it kept me interested and I didn't think it insulted my intelligence. It was fast paced but it always seemed that there was a plan behind everything and I didn't feel that were strung along all the time with no answers at all. There was enough suspense left while the layers were peeled back and things were revealed. So yes, it'd be a pity if we didn't get more. There is barely anything on television these days that I think is worth my time.

And yes - no offence to anyone who likes these shows, fair enough watching telly is a past-time so whatever, but honestly there are heaps of shows I'd rather see cancelled because they just don't bring anything new to the table. I'm just saying.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:24 AM
Elite Fan

I cannot agree enough And while I don't mind their being some precitable, easy shows out there, I think tv is full too much with them

I don't know how tv is gonna change, if shows like Ringer are not given a decent chance It is rare to find such an interesting show nowadays, and it is sad that more and more are being cancelled
Old 05-02-2012, 07:58 AM
Elite Fan

Exactly... just look at the CW's line-up -- I mean there hasn't been anything on that channel that I found terribly compelling in years. I remember there was a time when there were more interesting things on television and they were given more of a chance. Today I think some of my favourite shows like Twin Peaks, Alias or The West Wing would be cancelled fairly quickly. But perhaps that's just my impression. I don't know. I know it's useless to complain about these things because obviously what the broad audience wants is something else - like, I don't know, "Hoarders" or those celebrity dancing shows or the upteemth crime scene investigation drama.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, no disrespect to the other CW shows, but a lot of them are pretty much the same, but with different actors Although I can appreaciate shows like Supernatural and Nikita But one of the reasons I was so excited about Ringer (apart from SMG) was that it was a new concept

Yeah, years ago there were a lot more interesting, diverse shows around But it seems the viewers are wanting something different nowadays
I am just hoping that if the CW wants to start appealing to a different type of viewer (as I believe they stated they do last year) then they need to give shows like Ringer a chance
Old 05-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Elite Fan

I gave up on SPN at some point because it became too redundant. Every other episode (okay that's a bit exaggerated but still) one brother seemed to die and end up in hell and then the other one brought him back. I tried watching Nikita. I didn't think it was bad but again - there was a movie, then a remake of the movie, then a TV series and now that's the fourth iteration on the concept. So i agree Ringer brought something new to the table - there was a plot and suspense but there was character development as well. Something we don't see on TV often enough.

I didn't know - did they say what kind of viewer they are trying to lure in?

Old 05-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Elite Fan

I am not the biggest watcher of SPN, but I can see the appeal I see what you mean about Nikita, it is another go at the premise But it is pretty good

Ringer is a new concept and I think the writing is very refreshing It would be great if the CW gives it a second chance

I think they are aware that their viewers are mainly young girls/women and I think they were hoping the get better ratings in the other areas.Maybe have a more varied viewer base But this was said back in Sept last year I think, so lets see if they follow that through
Old 05-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Elite Fan

Oh I can see the appeal too - I mean it may not be as redundant if you have never seen The X-files or other shows of the genre plus for some people the pretty boys effect is important. I just think that it's nothing really special. And yes, as I said, I watched the first half of the first season of Nikita and it's not bad at all but as someone who has seen La Femme Nikita (movie and show) it doesn't overwhelm me with a novelty effect. The acting is decent and the writing and there are surely things I'd cancel before it but still.

I wonder who the average viewer of "Ringer" is - what is your impression - I mean you run the board after all? I don't think it appeals merely to women and I think you have to be a bit older ... but I might be wrong.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, as I have never watched La Femme Nikita movie or the previous show it is still new to me. But if you had watched that, then I can see it could be a bit old

Generally, the people on this board are female and of a younger age, but I think that is largely just because of the site, as the site's member are younger females anyway

But I think the show has quite a varied viewer base. The show can be enjoyed by both males and females, and while I think younger people can enjoy it, I believe it also appeals to a older population aswell, especially as it isn't like a lot of tv shows based on highschool/uni/college life
Old 05-03-2012, 03:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think the CW network in general is really geared mainly towards teenagers and the under 25's. Now I'm older than that, but back in the early 00's when Buffy, Angel and Smallville were all the rage, I was right in that age group.

I personally don't think Ringer is a good match for the CW. Perhaps all the Juliet drama was, but apart from that it just doesn't seem like a teenager type show.

I'm still a fan of Supernatural, but can certainly understand people who no longer want to watch it. As for Nikita, I'm a big LFN fan, as you can see in my avatar, so I'm a little biased and never bothered to watch a new version of that show.